Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Patrol Missions to chase air contacts (CAP)?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> The War Room >> Patrol Missions to chase air contacts (CAP)? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Patrol Missions to chase air contacts (CAP)? - 11/10/2016 10:47:20 PM   
Cooperbrad

I can't seem to get my Aircraft patrol missions with AAW to work properly. I set up a rectangle as my prosecution zone and a line (2 points) as my patrol, getting the rp correctly in the mission dialog. My aircraft never leave the patrol when I have hostile (or any) bogey's show up in my prosecution zone. I have seen some you-tube videos which use this method as CAP and for the life of me I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

If I manually F3 a path into the prosecution zone, the aircraft will fly there and then show a plot line back to my patrol line once it reach the destination I set. It seems like the prosecution zone is never recognized but I can assure you I have placed the four point rectangle into the mission page under the prosecution zone entry box.

Any ideas or know of a check list for me?

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Patrol Missions to chase air contacts (CAP)? - 11/11/2016 2:36:04 AM   
Gunner98

have you got 'Investigate contacts outside the patrol area' checked?

B

(in reply to Cooperbrad)
Post #: 2
RE: Patrol Missions to chase air contacts (CAP)? - 11/11/2016 3:44:46 AM   
Cooperbrad

Yes I have "Investigate contacts outside of patrol area". Sometimes the flights g out into prosecution area and then return to patrol area and show a plot line while going back to patrol spot. If I hit F3 then the plot line disappears and the flight will go back into prosecution area again. Very strange.

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 3
RE: Patrol Missions to chase air contacts (CAP)? - 11/11/2016 9:50:21 AM   
Gunner98

Try setting up a completely new patrol area:

-use a rectangle for your patrol box. Should work with a line but a larger one will help see what's going on.
-set up a prosecution zone at least twice the size of the patrol box and at least twice the range of you A2A missiles, again just to help see what's going on
-run a hostile across the corner of the prosecution zone, your AC should respond and then back off when the hostile leaves the zone
-run another hostile into the prosecution zone and let him loiter near the edge and see what happens.

B

(in reply to Cooperbrad)
Post #: 4
RE: Patrol Missions to chase air contacts (CAP)? - 11/11/2016 5:22:18 PM   
Cooperbrad

Thanks. I got it to work. Not sure exactly why but I also shut down everything else I had running on computer.

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> The War Room >> Patrol Missions to chase air contacts (CAP)? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI