Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Diggin-in

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Diggin-in Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Diggin-in - 4/6/2001 11:58:00 PM   
vbmark

Hi there, I seem to remember in a version of SP some sort of action where you could have your guys dig-in. Your men would then have a circle of sand bags around them. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I may be remembering from a different game. If I have the correct game does SP:WAW have this option? I can't seem to find it if it does. Thanks.

Post #: 1
- 4/7/2001 12:04:00 AM   
Grumble

It's only available during set-piece battles, "assault/defend". If your units don't move/fire for a turn or two,you will see berms and foxholes as the units seek cover. The unit window will also note "in-cover". This simulates vehicles seeking the best hull-down protection and infantry quickly digging in. Frankly after thinking about it, I don't see why there' an "Entrenchment" button on the screen, since your units begin that way...

"...these go up to eleven."
Nigel Tufnel

(in reply to vbmark)
Post #: 2
- 4/7/2001 12:31:00 AM   
john g

quote:

Originally posted by Grumble: It's only available during set-piece battles, "assault/defend". If your units don't move/fire for a turn or two,you will see berms and foxholes as the units seek cover. The unit window will also note "in-cover". This simulates vehicles seeking the best hull-down protection and infantry quickly digging in. Frankly after thinking about it, I don't see why there' an "Entrenchment" button on the screen, since your units begin that way...
The entrenchment button on the deploy screen works as it should when creating your own scenarios. You can have units start out entrenched when they are not defending against an assault. The "in cover" status gained by units in defend stance while a game is in progress is similar but not as good. thanks, John.

(in reply to vbmark)
Post #: 3
- 4/7/2001 12:49:00 AM   
skukko

and terrain type adds its own to defence status. Road has less and rocks more defence-value.. mosh

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

(in reply to vbmark)
Post #: 4
- 4/7/2001 3:26:00 AM   
lnp4668

If you set your units to defense status, and they are not supress, fire at enemy etc., they have a chance of getting into "cover" depict by little fox holes in the hex. Engineer helps adjacent units by increasing their chances.

"My friends, remember this, that there are no bad herbs, and no bad men; there are only bad cultivators." Les Miserables

(in reply to vbmark)
Post #: 5
- 4/7/2001 4:43:00 AM   
Redleg

If I have good positions for AT, AA, and hmg, I like to set them to defensive stance in pbme meeting engagements.... but there is always the risk they will be without orders and get overrun.

(in reply to vbmark)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Diggin-in Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI