Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

touchscreen support

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> touchscreen support Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
touchscreen support - 12/27/2014 11:15:36 AM   
Rhetor

having bought a convertible notebook i started to think about coming back to playing WitE in tablet mode on touchscreen. has anyone tried to play it this way? is it even possible?
Post #: 1
RE: touchscreen support - 12/27/2014 1:27:59 PM   
carlkay58

The operating system handles the touchscreen mechanism as if it were a mouse. The software would then see the touch events as if you did the same with a mouse. I have not played it that way (no touchscreen) but I have programmed systems that could be used with either touchscreen or mouse without problems.

(in reply to Rhetor)
Post #: 2
RE: touchscreen support - 12/27/2014 1:51:05 PM   
Numdydar

I know someone that plays WitP on a Surface Pro 3 so if that can be done then WitE should have no problems

(in reply to carlkay58)
Post #: 3
RE: touchscreen support - 12/27/2014 2:24:04 PM   
amatteucci

I've played both WitP-AE and the WitE/WitW series on a Surface Pro 3. Actually I had the smoothest experience with WitP-AE, since I need no right-clicks there.

WitE plays slightly better that WitW, because of the presence of the "shift" button (discontinued in WitE). Using the active stylus, as an input device, also helps a lot.
Anyway, while I regularly play WitP-AE PBeM on the Pro 3 without using the keyboard (save for enetring the password at the start), I never managed to play WitE and WitW for extended periods of time in pure tablet mode and I find more comfortable to flip open the kickstand and play with the trackpad on the keyboard in laptop mode.

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 4
RE: touchscreen support - 4/10/2015 4:41:47 AM   
worr

Amatteucci,

I'm looking at a surface pro 3 also. But not sure which one. Will the Intel Core i5 be enough?

I also do Witp-AE and just starting on WitW

(in reply to amatteucci)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> touchscreen support Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI