Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Customizing vs upgrading

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Customizing vs upgrading Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Customizing vs upgrading - 4/16/2001 2:24:00 AM   
Mikimoto

Hello. I'm sure this has been posted before(or not?). But "Matrix new Deal" has opened new ways (and hopes). If you finally make the Son of SPWaW, or a 6.0 version, I have one wish: In the Upgrade/fix screen i would see a new button/option. The new option will be Customize unit. In it you can edit/change one weapon slot. Or one characteristic. Here you can add an AAMG to your tank, add tank-tracks to increase your front armour, change your BAR by MG42 LMG's, your Kar98 Rifles by Ppsh41 SMG, add molotovs, antitank mines, one sniper rifle, etc.. You improve or upgrade your unit. That's your choice. Historically USA tankers added spare parts, sandbags, tracks, etc. to improve their Shermans. And all tankers of all nations. Equally USA infantryman improved the firepower of the squads stealing all the MG42's they founded. Germans used russian SMG and other equiptment. The basic idea is to mix upgrading with editing. What do you think about this? Thanks and Saludos. :)

Desperta ferro!
Miquel Guasch Aparicio
Post #: 1
- 4/16/2001 3:32:00 AM   
troopie

I also would like to see that. For example, the Marmon Herringtons in the game are available with Boys AT rifle, 2-pdr, 20 mm gun, and 47mm gun, with the Vickers .303 as the MG. Also known to be used were the German 37mm gun, German 28mm taper bore gun, French 25mm gun, 6 pdr. The Browning 12.7mm MG frequently replaced the Vickers. I would also like the ability to customise captured equipment. In a short campaign I captured 30 SPW/251 HTs. (Actually they were abandoned. I could not spare the men or the time to blow them up.) Figuring my armourers could have tinkered half of them back into action, I should have liked the ability to mount, say, 2 pdrs or 15mm BESAs or mortars or something to increase their usefullness to my chronically armour short forces. troopie

Pamwe Chete

(in reply to Mikimoto)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Customizing vs upgrading Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI