Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Chinese paratroopers

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Chinese paratroopers Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Chinese paratroopers - 9/14/2014 11:14:31 AM   
downtown

Are there such a thing? I mean as far as a unit similar to something the the US 82nd Airborne? Do the Chinese have units that might be smaller, something along the lines of Delta or Marine Recon?

Old soldiers never die. They just fade away.
Post #: 1
RE: Chinese paratroopers - 9/14/2014 11:34:04 AM   
mb4329

Yes, the PLA has the 15th Airborne Corp (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/15th_Airborne_Corps).

Regarding SF, if you do a search on the "PLA and special forces" you should be able to turn up some material.

(in reply to downtown)
Post #: 2
RE: Chinese paratroopers - 9/14/2014 12:45:49 PM   
downtown

Thanks for the heads-up mb4329. Seems like the Chinese are very quietly building up quick strike capability that is world class. I found this link while searching on the 15th Airborne Corps. Looks like something that could easily lead to a great scenario (or scenarios).

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/defence-strategic-issues/17029-pla-15th-airborne-corps-along-lac.html

I think any action that could take place between China/India would make the current Ukraine/Russia conflict look like a walk in the park. I think I will do some more research.

Old soldiers never die. They just fade away.

(in reply to mb4329)
Post #: 3
RE: Chinese paratroopers - 9/14/2014 1:16:02 PM   
ParachuteProne

I'm really looking forward to more detail in the ground forces when they have the time.

(in reply to downtown)
Post #: 4
RE: Chinese paratroopers - 9/14/2014 7:23:08 PM   
mikmykWS

Me too We'll get there one day!

Mike

(in reply to ParachuteProne)
Post #: 5
RE: Chinese paratroopers - 4/13/2015 8:26:03 PM   
Araner

I came across this thread while doing research for a CMANO scenario featuring a land conflict along the PRC-India border in Aksai Chin. To this end, I have found the blog at "tandemwarhead.blogspot" to be especially helpful in identifying likely orders of battle, axes of movement, etc...

As the military doctrines the PLA and IAF have both assuming a defensive posture, the scenario presumes neither side will have been able to mass forces in an attack formation along the border zone. The more likely context in my opinion would be a rapid escalation of hostilities prompted by a limited provocation or an accidental confrontation. Therefore, the PLA 15th Airborne corps will play a role as the first wave of reinforcement considering they are at present, the only unit capable of rapid deployment via airlift. The bulk of the fighting will likely fall to the 6th Highland Mechanized Infantry Division based in Kashgar as they have the most direct route to the LAC via highway G219.

On a related note- I have a few technical questions regarding land battle capabilities in CMANO version 1.0.7... Can anybody confirm if the new Mission Editor/Lua scripts includes significantly improved support for land operations? Specifically, I would like to automatically activate ground units when air transport reaches a designated landing/drop zone and/or plan overland movements along major roadways or other terrain-based factors. The same would also apply for conducting amphibious operations I imagine. As it stands now, the only means of accomplishing such actions in CMANO that I am aware of is through a roundabout "teleportation" method...

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 6
RE: Chinese paratroopers - 4/14/2015 12:58:23 AM   
mikmykWS

You can add and delete units rather than teleporting but we're still not at the point of carrying land units yet. Someday!

You can use LUA to add these units to missions after the fact. It not a real land combat model though which hopefully we'll get in the future.

Should probably rename the game when we do that too!

Mike

(in reply to Araner)
Post #: 7
RE: Chinese paratroopers - 4/14/2015 7:51:11 AM   
Casinn

Command: Modern Air/Ground Operations would be my guess. ;)

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 8
RE: Chinese paratroopers - 4/14/2015 1:50:34 PM   
comsubpac

Command II: More modern air/naval/ground/space operations - the army strikes back

Games titles are far to simple these days!

(in reply to Casinn)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Chinese paratroopers Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI