Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

constant CTD - game unplayable

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Tech Support >> constant CTD - game unplayable Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
constant CTD - game unplayable - 8/9/2015 3:09:22 PM   
Jack Russell

Hi all = purchased this game yesterday and have been trying to get it to run for more than one turn ever since as it is constantly crashing to desk top.
ive been playing the husky tutorial scenario solely,m the game gets through my allied air phase and then ctds as soon as a start to move a few units.

I have been through the tech forums and it does seem to be sound related as the game will run with sound disabled, however i have run suggested codec tweak tools and installed the latest k - lite codec pack , ive reinstalled the game , i dont have VLC media player , i also tried disabling windows media player , all to no avail and getting mighty frustrated , considering i bought the boxed version at £70. i have war in the east and never had this problem , and as someone mentioned on another thread i have 50 + games and this is the only game ive had a problem with .

i attach a copy of my codec tweak log to see if anyone can spot anything im missing as it is probably getting to my technical limits now. thanks in advance , hope some one can help . really hate to feel ive pissed a fair amount of money down the drain on a game i can only half play

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: constant CTD - game unplayable - 8/9/2015 3:19:27 PM   
Denniss

In WitE we had this problem as well on some machines so all WAV files were re-coded with a maximum compatible encoding (increasing their filesize).
The problem is not a lot of games still use wav files but they are often used for Audio CD copies thus some "experts" created optimizations to those codecs that may have broken compatibility with the standard wav encoding used in WitW.

(in reply to Jack Russell)
Post #: 2
RE: constant CTD - game unplayable - 8/9/2015 3:42:00 PM   
VPaulus

Try uninstalling K-Lite.

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 3
RE: constant CTD - game unplayable - 8/9/2015 4:07:59 PM   
Jack Russell

i only installed k - lite as it was suggested by someone on another thread as a possible solution - k lite or no k lite i still have this problem .

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 4
RE: constant CTD - game unplayable - 8/9/2015 6:58:57 PM   
Denniss

Please generate a log without k-lite pack.
Do you need the Realplayer?

(in reply to Jack Russell)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Tech Support >> constant CTD - game unplayable Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI