Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

sp3 stupid newbie questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> sp3 stupid newbie questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
sp3 stupid newbie questions - 6/22/2000 8:20:00 AM   
Specter

I posted over at thegamers.net, but it appears dead. I know, I know : RTFHB. But if it's impossible to pry $$$ from the wife to buy the hint book, you trust that someone will offer some advice. So at the risk of getting flamed for a non-WAW post, here goes : 1. Are there any hard and fast rules for upgrading units between campaign battles(inf upgrades to inf, armor to armor, transport to transport, but beyond that...)? Specifically, I want gunships in Nam attached permanently to my core forces. So far, the only way I've found is to buy a lt tank section or an HQ for the first battle, and then upgrade it before the second. Any better (i.e., cheaper) way? 2. To up your experience levels, you should use supplemental forces to soften 'em up, and then use core forces to mop up and get the kills, right? Or is it like Panzer General where the mop-up forces get less experience? 3. Airstrikes. Are they totally useless? Is there any way to rearm them, or at least specify when to use "single-use" weapons, such as napalm? TIA, Dan

Post #: 1
- 6/22/2000 8:43:00 AM   
victorhauser

SP3 Replies... #1 The only way to get attack helicopters assigned to your core is to first buy an "armor class" unit (there are several cheap armored cars and halftrack types, like the mortar-carrying variant, that can do this) and then upgrade to helicopters when they become available. Be advised, though, that having attack helicopters as part of your core will overwhelmingly alter the play-balance of the campaign in your favor. Be sure that is what you really want. #2 Yes. Use support troops to soften them up and core troops to get the kills. Only core troops can retain experience increases from battle to battle in the campaign. #3 This question becomes largely moot as soon as you have attack helicopters as part of your core. But in the absence of core helicopters, airstrikes can be very powerful. Not easy to be specific here since different aircraft and different situations produce different results. But airstrikes can be powerful, yes. And, no, there is no way to rearm them during a battle.

VAH

(in reply to Specter)
Post #: 2
- 6/23/2000 7:09:00 AM   
Alby

3. Airstrikes. Are they totally useless? Is there any way to rearm them, or at least specify when to use "single-use" weapons, such as napalm? Turn ammo limit off heheh, theyll always have more napalm ect ect...like they returned to base, rearmed and came back TIA, Dan[/B][/QUOTE]

(in reply to Specter)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> sp3 stupid newbie questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI