Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Cape Town convoys

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Cape Town convoys Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cape Town convoys - 5/31/2015 12:17:54 AM   
Mark Curtis

Is it possible to purchase or in some way obtain the tanks and weapons that are loaded on the supply convoys, that dock at Cape Town? I have tried everything, but cannot get to the hardware. The supply points alone are unloaded at Cape Town.

MC
Post #: 1
RE: Cape Town convoys - 5/31/2015 12:34:57 AM   
michaelm75au

The items on a Convoy 'unit' as added to the pools about 3 (?) days after the 'convoy' arrives from memory. It is automatic.

Michael

(in reply to Mark Curtis)
Post #: 2
RE: Cape Town convoys - 5/31/2015 12:35:57 AM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Curtis

Is it possible to purchase or in some way obtain the tanks and weapons that are loaded on the supply convoys, that dock at Cape Town? I have tried everything, but cannot get to the hardware. The supply points alone are unloaded at Cape Town.

MC

What happens is that when one of those special convoys withdraws all of the hardware, squads, etc go into your pools. So you have been getting them all along!

Also, supply and fuel ('merchants', 'tankers') gets unloaded to the base.

< Message edited by witpqs -- 5/31/2015 1:36:15 AM >

(in reply to Mark Curtis)
Post #: 3
RE: Cape Town convoys - 5/31/2015 2:43:19 AM   
jmalter

I've learned to examine those convoys carefully, & set the arriving ordnance to Stockpile. British / Australian / Indian devices don't have a high build rate, & it's important to mete out the arriving stuff to the heavy, elite-grade formations that can make best use of it. Careful control of LCU reinforcements & upgrades allows you to maximize your combat power.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 4
RE: Cape Town convoys - 6/2/2015 1:24:29 PM   
m10bob

When a convoy goes to some off the wall place like Port Stanley...Is there one general pool they will go to, or is it random where needed??...I never put shipping there..Thank you..

(in reply to jmalter)
Post #: 5
RE: Cape Town convoys - 6/2/2015 1:39:44 PM   
Bullwinkle58

Off-map convoys dump all devices into the central pools. Supply and fuel stay at the disbanding base. By the time you start to get convoys in Port Stanley you don't need to worry about moving that supply elsewhere. Look at the LCU arrival queue for the convoys at each location. You can do this all the way to the end of the war. Millions and millions and millions of tons of both commodities in useful places like Aden, CT, and the Canal.

< Message edited by Bullwinkle58 -- 6/2/2015 2:40:21 PM >

The Moose

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 6
RE: Cape Town convoys - 6/4/2015 1:03:25 PM   
m10bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

Off-map convoys dump all devices into the central pools. Supply and fuel stay at the disbanding base. By the time you start to get convoys in Port Stanley you don't need to worry about moving that supply elsewhere. Look at the LCU arrival queue for the convoys at each location. You can do this all the way to the end of the war. Millions and millions and millions of tons of both commodities in useful places like Aden, CT, and the Canal.

Thank you Bullwinkle!!!

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Cape Town convoys Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI