Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Weird things happen when editing units in Campaigns

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Weird things happen when editing units in Campaigns Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Weird things happen when editing units in Campaigns - 4/11/2001 2:52:00 AM   
Mikimoto

Hello. I readed about modifying campaigns. Saving as Scenario, modifying data, saving as Save file again, etc.. Well, I have an obsession with German infantry and Infantry AT weapons. I Modify some platoons (command with X0) giving them MP40's or Kar98 Carbines (I liked them) instead of Rifles. I dice a d6 in a table and give them an infantry AT weapon: 1-Molotovs 2-Panzerwurfmines 3-Panzerwurfmines 4-Panzerwurfmines 5-AntiTank Mines 6-Satchels charges And give 4 of them to the squad. I play the scenario, and when comes the next scenario/battle of the campaing, i notice something weird happens to the modifyed units. If one weapon was "changed", it mantains the weapon and ammo. If one weapon was "added" it mantains the weapon, but with NO ammo. Do you know how to retain the ammo without editing the campaing every battle? Thanks and sorry for my English.

Desperta ferro!
Miquel Guasch Aparicio
Post #: 1
- 4/11/2001 3:17:00 AM   
skukko

Try old trick: buy ammotruck or ammodump to the field. It fills all weapons in turn zero. If not, then it want help, but worth of trying? mosh

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

(in reply to Mikimoto)
Post #: 2
- 4/11/2001 3:43:00 AM   
Mikimoto

Hello Skukko. Thanks, I have tested with ammo dumps and carriers on turn 0 and after, but the ammo trucks don´t work. I need help.

Desperta ferro!
Miquel Guasch Aparicio

(in reply to Mikimoto)
Post #: 3
- 4/11/2001 8:54:00 AM   
Warhorse

Mikimoto, do you have limited ammo on? Just a thought, but never ran into this problem yet!! All I can suggest is to make sure when editing, that all the weapons have ammo, the next battle. Will have to observe this closely, but I am also running version 4.6, which was never released outside the testers, so maybe that was a hidden bug?! Will look into it with v5 also, which am testing. How do you like editing campaigns though, aside from this little problem?!

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Mikimoto)
Post #: 4
- 4/12/2001 1:14:00 AM   
Mikimoto

Hello Warhorse. I have been testing editing in campaings. I own version 4.5. I have proved it with Reduced ammo and with Limited ammo, and the results are identycal. 1. If I increase the number of rounds of a weapon, it only lasts for the first battle. Onwards it returns to encyclopedia rounds. 2. If I add a new weapon, say a new MG34 LMG to an infantry unit, and I give it any number of rounds (say 40 or 50), it works the first battle (the edited one) but none onwards. Then it retains the weapon, but ammo is reduced at Zero, and no way to recharge them (ammo carriers don't work) Is it a bug? 3.It happens in Version 4.6 or 5.0? 4.Apart from this problem, I like editing campaigns, because I can personalize the campaing (usually a generated one), buy the enemy troops in a more realistic manner (not a lot of the most expensive tanks), change deployment, etcc.. It's great, but if I do the enemy deployment, I have to wait two or three days to play the battle, cause i don´t want to remember that deployment!!! ;) Thanks.

Desperta ferro!
Miquel Guasch Aparicio

(in reply to Mikimoto)
Post #: 5
- 4/12/2001 7:00:00 AM   
Warhorse

Mikimoto, sounds like it probably is a bug of some sort. Since the unit didn't start the campaign with the slot filled with a weapon, it gets confused, when it has to alot ammo next game for a 'invisible' weapon. This is conjecture at this ppoint, but believe that is the case. What size campaign are you playing? If you aren't insane, like myself, and have a core force of 201 units, send the next scenario, after you buy the units, or even before, I'll edit the enemy for you quick, maybe add a surprise or something if you tell me too!! Can't do any large scenario's, as I'm very short on time, but having someone else do the AI setup/purchase, really adds spice, my brother does this for me ;)

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Mikimoto)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Weird things happen when editing units in Campaigns Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI