Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

50mm Mortars

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> 50mm Mortars Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
50mm Mortars - 4/13/2001 12:15:00 PM   
ursus

I have been trying to use the 50mm mortars that come with german SS platoons and never get to fire them indirectly, i know the command squad of the platoon must call it in. What am i doing wrong or how do you get them to work??

Post #: 1
- 4/13/2001 4:04:00 PM   
skukko

howdy Ursus : What are you playing? If you are playing campaing, you can edit your troops. If you are playing scen's you can edit them. If you are playing single battles you can't edit them unless you save it. In pbems you can't edit. So, - open save-game in scen-editor and add radios to those mortars. Simple answer. If playing camp' you can open save -game in Fred's editor and add radios to them. What I know is that 50mm-mortars don't shoot without radio ynless they are in adjacent hex with platoon leader or unless they can see enemy. mosh :)

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

(in reply to ursus)
Post #: 2
- 4/13/2001 7:10:00 PM   
panda124c

quote:

Originally posted by ursus: I have been trying to use the 50mm mortars that come with german SS platoons and never get to fire them indirectly, i know the command squad of the platoon must call it in. What am i doing wrong or how do you get them to work??
If I remember correctly the range on these mortars is only 10 hexes. You have to wait until the target is very close.

(in reply to ursus)
Post #: 3
- 4/13/2001 9:14:00 PM   
Larry Holt

On a different 50mm mortar note, I find that Soviet 50mm mortars can readily cause my German PKW IIIs & IVs to retreat or rout. The Soviet BTs & T34s are practically helpless against my panzers but those 50mm mortars can stop me anytime! This is from a small piece of steel that can't possibly penetrate them. Does anyone else find them too effective?

Never take counsel of your fears.

(in reply to ursus)
Post #: 4
- 4/13/2001 10:04:00 PM   
Grumble

I sure do. I've raised this issue before, only to be drowned out by a chorus of examples from Vietnam and later. Still begs the question of how a area-suppression weapon has the necessary accuracy to drop mortar rounds on moving armored vehicles and hit them in such a way as to cause significant damage.

"...these go up to eleven."
Nigel Tufnel

(in reply to ursus)
Post #: 5
- 4/14/2001 12:54:00 AM   
panda124c

quote:

Originally posted by Larry Holt: On a different 50mm mortar note, I find that Soviet 50mm mortars can readily cause my German PKW IIIs & IVs to retreat or rout. The Soviet BTs & T34s are practically helpless against my panzers but those 50mm mortars can stop me anytime! This is from a small piece of steel that can't possibly penetrate them. Does anyone else find them too effective?
There are two different Russian 50mm mortars one is a 10 man squad with, I believe three mortars, the other is a single mortar. So that one hit is actually three hits and yes it is very upsetting to be shelled by anything even if it can not penatrate. Consider the effect of being in a steel barrell and someone beating on it with a large hammer, the hammer can't possibly penatrate but..... Oh that ringing in my ears. :D

(in reply to ursus)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> 50mm Mortars Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI