Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

AI not attcking or moving?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Scourge of War: Waterloo >> AI not attcking or moving? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AI not attcking or moving? - 7/21/2015 5:42:13 PM   
ETF

Had our most recent LAN session of 5 players last Saturday. We decided to do a defensive sandbox game. We stood around in our chosen ground to defend the objective. We waited for about 15 minutes...then sent out long range cavalry units to the far ends of the map to see the AI on parade ground stance. They did react defensively to the Cav but that was it. Anyone seeing the AI being EXTRMELY passive? This happened twice in our session. The night ended a with some disappointed wargamers :(

I guess play offensive sandbox vs. the AI??

Thanks

My Top Matrix Games 1) CMO MP?? 2) WITP/AE 3) SOW 4) Combat Mission 5) Armor Brigade

Twitter
https://twitter.com/TacticWargamer
Post #: 1
RE: AI not attcking or moving? - 7/21/2015 8:10:31 PM   
mitra76

Use hunt them down if you play with a against a Army commander level (against a army with under a Corps commander you can use attack and defend); in multiplayer there're some restrictions to the grand tactics of army for attack\defend sandbox. In single attack\defendi\LoS battles have predefined grandtactics for the Army AI at the opposite Hunt them down and not scripted scenarios (strategic AI activated) use a table of grand tactics for decide the actions, the locations and the force distributions. In multi the predefined tactics are disable, only the table of grand tactics works but attack\defend\LoS don't use it also in multi so the Army AI gives not orders to the corps.

It is a setting which derive directly from Gettysburg, I don't know the original design reason, I'll ask to Norb; in the meantime if you use hunt them down you should be able to play in coop against the AI also in multi.

Visit my wargame blog: http://warforgame.blogspot.it/

(in reply to ETF)
Post #: 2
RE: AI not attcking or moving? - 7/21/2015 8:14:41 PM   
ETF

Ah ok then Hunt them down sounds good!
I would suggest that the other options for ARMY commands (in Sandbox mode) be greyed out if they don't work with COOP MP's vs. AI.

Cheers!

My Top Matrix Games 1) CMO MP?? 2) WITP/AE 3) SOW 4) Combat Mission 5) Armor Brigade

Twitter
https://twitter.com/TacticWargamer

(in reply to mitra76)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Scourge of War: Waterloo >> AI not attcking or moving? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI