Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

PRC ASMs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> PRC ASMs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PRC ASMs - 8/26/2015 11:34:25 PM   
NakedWeasel

So I'm deep in the middle of building out one of my favorite scenarios, the hypothetical Chinese invasion of Taiwan. (aka. The Million Man Swim.) Naturally, the Chinese will not an easy time with it because they are facing against half a dozen FACs loaded to the gills with low-high end ASMs that will wreck nearly anything above the waterline. In order to credibly defend their invasion flotillas, I'd like to arm the PLANAF with an anti-ship weapon roughly analogous to the Maverick. I've researched and discovered the PRC has several small ASMs known as the TL-6 and TL-10 that would be perfect, but I couldn't see what aircraft carried them, or if they were even in the DB. Does anyone know anything about this that might help me with this scen?

< Message edited by NakedWeasel -- 8/27/2015 12:58:46 AM >

Though surrounded by a great number of enemies
View them as a single foe
And so fight on!
Post #: 1
RE: PRC ASMs - 8/26/2015 11:39:57 PM   
Coiler12

quote:

ORIGINAL: NakedWeasel

So I'm deep in the middle of building out one of my favorite scenarios, the hypothetical Chinese invasion of Taiwan. (aka. The Million Man Swim.) Naturally, the Chinese will not an easy time with it because they are facing against half a dozen FACs loaded to the gills with low-high end ASMs that will wreck nearly anything above the waterline. In order to credibly defend their invasion flotillas, I'd like to arm the PLANAF with an anti-ship weapon roughly analogous to the Maverick. I've researched and discovered the PRC has several small ASMs known as the TL-6 and TL-9 that would be perfect, but I couldn't see what aircraft carried them, or if they were even in the DB. Does anyone know anything about this that might help me with this scen?

Try This helicopter which carries the small missile in question.

(in reply to NakedWeasel)
Post #: 2
RE: PRC ASMs - 8/26/2015 11:50:04 PM   
NakedWeasel

Yes indeed! Thank you so much for that! Is there any plan to add this weapon to any other AC? Or, do we know whether there are any other aircraft in the PRC toolbox that can carry this weapon?

Though surrounded by a great number of enemies
View them as a single foe
And so fight on!

(in reply to Coiler12)
Post #: 3
RE: PRC ASMs - 8/27/2015 6:20:07 AM   
Casinn

http://chinese-military-aviation.blogspot.com/p/missiles-iii.html says the Z18 AEW helo is expected to get it as well.

(in reply to NakedWeasel)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> PRC ASMs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI