Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

MINUSMA, 2015 (SwAF) Release

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> MINUSMA, 2015 (SwAF) Release Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
MINUSMA, 2015 (SwAF) Release - 10/31/2015 1:57:57 AM   
Skjold

MINUSMA, 2015 (SwAF)

Hello, this is a simple air to ground mission with little resistance taking out rebels in Africa. It is a spin off of the current MINUSMA UN operation in Mali to support the Malian goverment. The mission should work fine, im more interested in feedback on the mission itself.

Download

Description
The atrocities committed by the rebel groups in Mali's north has taken a turn for the worse. The UN has authorized airstrikes to support the Malian government in its push to once again retake the north of the country. To support the UN's mission in Mali, Sweden has deployed its fighter jets abroad for the first time since the Congo Crisis.

Features
  • Heavy emphasis on land search technology, such as recon pods and FLIR cameras to find targets.
  • Good mission to learn more about fuel managment and air to ground operations.
  • Real names and composition as much as possible, as always.

Changelog Beta 2 / Release Candidate
  • Added Gameplay Tips at the start of the mission.
  • Fixed various errors in the briefing.
  • Goverment will not provide more and better intel.

Changelog Release
  • Fixed refueling doctrine not being set properly.
  • Added another target area and more intel provided from the goverment.
  • Other minor fixes and tweaks.

< Message edited by Skjold -- 11/10/2015 3:12:22 AM >

• Post #: 1
    RE: MINUSMA, 2015 (SwAF) Beta 1 - 10/31/2015 2:13:44 AM   
    Vici Supreme

Downloading... Sounds cool, will give it a run tomorrow!

(in reply to Skjold)
    Post #: 2
    RE: MINUSMA, 2015 (SwAF) Beta 1 - 10/31/2015 11:23:01 PM   
    FoxZz

Tried it, it's quiet nice.

Here are my remarks,

First, it is very difficult to spot the ground units, maybe more intel and tips on how to use the recon assets would be nice. MAybe you could add Malian ground troops and swedis SF to spot for the planes ?

Second, for such a mission, 1 tanker aircraft is not enough, especially this one with low fuel capacity. Maybe you could add one or two French or American tanker to the scenario for better fuel capacity.

Lastly, it seems it's not really possible to land jet fighters in Tombouctou and Gao, because the runway is in bad shape. But the aiport of Bamako-Ségou can host some. During Seval, French aircraft were based in N'Djamena,Tchad and in Niamey, Niger. But I guess you can pretend the runway has been improved/extended.

I've arrived at the end of the scenario before finding all the ennemies, but quiet a nice mission :).

(in reply to Vici Supreme)
    Post #: 3
    RE: MINUSMA, 2015 (SwAF) Beta 1 - 11/1/2015 12:42:51 AM   
    Skjold

quote:

ORIGINAL: FoxZz

Tried it, it's quiet nice.

Here are my remarks,

First, it is very difficult to spot the ground units, maybe more intel and tips on how to use the recon assets would be nice. MAybe you could add Malian ground troops and swedis SF to spot for the planes ?

Second, for such a mission, 1 tanker aircraft is not enough, especially this one with low fuel capacity. Maybe you could add one or two French or American tanker to the scenario for better fuel capacity.

Lastly, it seems it's not really possible to land jet fighters in Tombouctou and Gao, because the runway is in bad shape. But the aiport of Bamako-Ségou can host some. During Seval, French aircraft were based in N'Djamena,Tchad and in Niamey, Niger. But I guess you can pretend the runway has been improved/extended.

I've arrived at the end of the scenario before finding all the ennemies, but quiet a nice mission :).

1. I'll look into adding more intel/more exact intel and maybe some tips for how to use the recon (you need to fly at medium altitude or lower, really)

2. Well tanker support is not supposed to be constant nor good, only to serve as an option if you want to use it for extended range. I'll make it so planes don't automaticly refuel.

3. Yeah i know, but just think that it is an alternate reality where they repaired their runway. Thanks for the information however.

(in reply to FoxZz)
    Post #: 4
    RE: MINUSMA, 2015 (SwAF) Beta 1 - 11/1/2015 9:03:42 PM   
    AlexGGGG

1. Racetrack tanker pattern does not look racetrack, looks more like butterfly.

2. I was not able to refuel - any chance the tanker is not compatible with Gripens? I can't quite figure out if Wing Drogue matches Probe Refueling?

< Message edited by AlexGGGG -- 11/1/2015 10:04:06 PM >

(in reply to Skjold)
    Post #: 5
    RE: MINUSMA, 2015 (SwAF) Beta 1 - 11/1/2015 9:15:35 PM   
    Skjold

quote:

ORIGINAL: AlexGGGG

1. Racetrack tanker pattern does not look racetrack, looks more like butterfly.

2. I was not able to refuel - any chance the tanker is not compatible with Gripens? I can't quite figure out if Wing Drogue matches Probe Refueling?

1. Will fix
    2. No considering that thats the only plane they are meant to refuel. Weird that u couldn't refuel.

< Message edited by Skjold -- 11/2/2015 12:53:40 AM >

(in reply to AlexGGGG)
    Post #: 6
    RE: MINUSMA, 2015 (SwAF) Beta 1 - 11/4/2015 6:17:14 PM   
    Skjold

Release candidate is out, no major changes to the mission. Changelog below.

Changelog Beta 2 / Release Candidate
  • Added Tips at the start of the mission.
  • Fixed various errors in the briefing.
  • Goverment will not provide more and better intel.

(in reply to Skjold)
  • Post #: 7
    RE: MINUSMA, 2015 (SwAF) Beta 1 - 11/5/2015 11:42:34 PM   
    ltsmash

Nice scenario. I enjoyed it, finishing with a score of 160. I did not find convoy, use the tanker or deploy the HPK-14s. I relied entirely on the drones and fighter-bombers to take care of business.

I'd suggest changing the introduction to your scenario description and side briefing to the following:

"The atrocities committed by the rebel groups in Mali's north has taken a turn for the worse. The UN has authorized airstrikes to support the Malian government in its push to once again retake the north of the country. To support the UN's mission in Mali, Sweden has deployed its fighter jets abroad for the first time since the Congo Crisis."

This corrects a few typos and makes the language a little easier to read.

(in reply to Skjold)
    Post #: 8
    RE: MINUSMA, 2015 (SwAF) Beta 1 - 11/6/2015 1:20:01 AM   
    Rory Noonan

Only about halfway through at the moment, but really enjoying it.

You may want to change the doctrine for the tanker to always refuel. I suspect that the problem AlexGGGG reported above is due to that (i.e. both the tanker and recipient need to have doctrine set to 'yes', not just the recipient).

(in reply to ltsmash)
    Post #: 9
    RE: MINUSMA, 2015 (SwAF) Beta 1 - 11/6/2015 8:32:00 PM   
    i224747

Dont have looked into the mission&briefing. But the fact that you give "tips" to us in the briefing is imho a showstopper. Hope you have tagged the tips as spoiler.

What does MINUSMA mean?

< Message edited by i224747 -- 11/6/2015 9:34:52 PM >

(in reply to Rory Noonan)
    Post #: 10
    RE: MINUSMA, 2015 (SwAF) Beta 1 - 11/6/2015 8:42:37 PM   
    Skjold

quote:

ORIGINAL: i224747

Dont have looked into the mission&briefing. But the fact that you give "tips" to us in the briefing is imho a showstopper. Hope you have tagged the tips as spoiler.

What does MINUSMA mean?

@i224747
    Well i wouldnt consider any of the tips as spoilers, they are just gameplay tips meant for new people as this is meant to be a pseudo-tutorial.

@itsmash
    Thanks for the spell checking, as u can tell i am not a native english speaker.

@apache85
    yeah thanks, fixed the doctrine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Multidimensional_Integrated_Stabilization_Mission_in_Mali

< Message edited by Skjold -- 11/6/2015 10:06:51 PM >

(in reply to i224747)
    Post #: 11
    RE: MINUSMA, 2015 (SwAF) Beta 1 - 11/6/2015 8:59:42 PM   
    i224747

Thx for the link.
    You could add the logo of MINUSMA or of the UN into the briefing.

(in reply to Skjold)
    Post #: 12
    RE: MINUSMA, 2015 (SwAF) Beta 1 - 11/7/2015 4:54:13 AM   
    i224747

I liked the beginning so far.
    The only problem i have: the pop up messages cannot be read again. It's an issue with my installation or game related.

(in reply to i224747)
    Post #: 13
    RE: MINUSMA, 2015 (SwAF) Beta 1 - 11/9/2015 12:25:00 PM   
    i224747

Conclusion: disappointing.
    The core part of this mission is the refueling support. But it contained a fair amount of incorrect values:
    - No aircraft and no tanker had the default setting: refueling always.
    - Transit altitude of tanker was set to 0m instead to 10800m/36000ft for example
    - Station altitude of tanker was set to 0m instead to 6600m(22000ft) for example
    - Mission profile of support was not set to "Use Speed And Altitude override"
    etc.
    I was pretty annoyed by the fact that the refueling was broken.
    Also the scenario was somehow bloodless. Give us pictures of the main locations, of missing weapons, of acting persons of the UN etc..

The setting was interesting: Mali, the UN-scenario, the swedish fighter planes etc.
    My end result was 255.

(in reply to i224747)
    Post #: 14
    RE: MINUSMA, 2015 (SwAF) Release - 11/10/2015 2:06:42 AM   
    Skjold

quote:

ORIGINAL: i224747

Conclusion: disappointing.
    The core part of this mission is the refueling support. But it contained a fair amount of incorrect values:
    - No aircraft and no tanker had the default setting: refueling always.
    - Transit altitude of tanker was set to 0m instead to 10800m/36000ft for example
    - Station altitude of tanker was set to 0m instead to 6600m(22000ft) for example
    - Mission profile of support was not set to "Use Speed And Altitude override"
    etc.
    I was pretty annoyed by the fact that the refueling was broken.
    Also the scenario was somehow bloodless. Give us pictures of the main locations, of missing weapons, of acting persons of the UN etc..

The setting was interesting: Mali, the UN-scenario, the swedish fighter planes etc.
    My end result was 255.

Thanks for your feedback. Transit and station altitude is default mission values, the AI will them automaticly decides themselves what the optimal altitude would be for their given mission I also fixed the Doctrine bug, that was my bad but that is also why it is called a beta. Its a pity that you didn't like it however, not entirly sure what you mean by pictures etc. You might wanna look at downloading the community image pack at http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=1876. The core part is not refueling support, it is about fuel managment (I.E making the most of your fuel to reach a target area).

I will also release the mission now.

Changelog Release
  • Fixed refueling doctrine not being set properly.
  • Added another target area and more intel provided from the goverment.
  • Other minor fixes and tweaks.

(in reply to i224747)
  • Post #: 15
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> MINUSMA, 2015 (SwAF) Release Page: [1]
    Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI