Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Some questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa >> Some questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Some questions - 9/20/2015 1:54:47 PM   
Gribeauval

- In some games (HPS Smolensk 41, SSG game) about this period of the second world war, the german army can use paratroopers in Russia. Will this option be available in the DC3 game ?
- What will be the level of FOW in the game ? Will the german army have the ability to "see" what is behind russian lines during the initial phase of its offensive (thanks to its air superiority and its reconnaissance airplanes) ? Will the russian high command be given the option to discover what are the german objectives thanks to a card (as in DC2)or to "see" the german FSB or to spot german HQ ?
- A post in the blog mentions the civil german governors of the conquered territories. Will these peoples appear in the game as the main army leaders ?
- The german high command will have the ability to focus on one army commander for each front. Why not introducing some randomness here (no focus at all or 1 army commander chosen or even 2 army commanders if everything goes well) ?
- The game will use some generic units. Will you use the feature that randomize slightly the strength of a unit on the first turn of play (to prevent two armoured divisions from having exactly the same number of tanks, of men, ...)?
- The units will have posture, but I see also in the sceenshots that the units keep an entrenchement percentage (as in DC1 and DC2). Will the entrenchment percentage vary with the posture ? Will it be removed from the game in the final version ?
- Is there a need of special rules for the finns, the romanians, the hungarians as in DC2 ?

(Thanks for the explanations about AI design in the blog. The big game manual that you mention in the tweet will certainly be also extremely interesting to read !)
Post #: 1
RE: Some questions - 9/21/2015 6:26:21 PM   
Vic

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gribeauval

- In some games (HPS Smolensk 41, SSG game) about this period of the second world war, the german army can use paratroopers in Russia. Will this option be available in the DC3 game ?
- What will be the level of FOW in the game ? Will the german army have the ability to "see" what is behind russian lines during the initial phase of its offensive (thanks to its air superiority and its reconnaissance airplanes) ? Will the russian high command be given the option to discover what are the german objectives thanks to a card (as in DC2)or to "see" the german FSB or to spot german HQ ?
- A post in the blog mentions the civil german governors of the conquered territories. Will these peoples appear in the game as the main army leaders ?
- The german high command will have the ability to focus on one army commander for each front. Why not introducing some randomness here (no focus at all or 1 army commander chosen or even 2 army commanders if everything goes well) ?
- The game will use some generic units. Will you use the feature that randomize slightly the strength of a unit on the first turn of play (to prevent two armoured divisions from having exactly the same number of tanks, of men, ...)?
- The units will have posture, but I see also in the sceenshots that the units keep an entrenchement percentage (as in DC1 and DC2). Will the entrenchment percentage vary with the posture ? Will it be removed from the game in the final version ?
- Is there a need of special rules for the finns, the romanians, the hungarians as in DC2 ?

(Thanks for the explanations about AI design in the blog. The big game manual that you mention in the tweet will certainly be also extremely interesting to read !)

Hi there,

Cameron, my co-designer, would be better placed to answer a number of these questions, but he is extremely buisy at the moment.

There will not be paratroopers. Though its an interesting idea to add. It would pose all sort of difficulties for the AI.

The map FOW is limited to what your units "can see". But there are intelligence reports coming in that give more abstracted intell.

There are a lot of minor and characters in the game. The roles they play in the game differ from character to character. The most important are the main characters (like the AG commanders, Hitler, Goring, etc..) with whom you'll have to deal almost on a turnly basis.

The postures give among others offensive and defensive modifiers.

There are a lot of special rules for the axis minor and Finland.

Sorry if I was brief, but we'll be releasing more and more info over the coming weeks and months.

Best wishes,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Gribeauval)
Post #: 2
RE: Some questions - 9/25/2015 6:45:01 AM   
Titan

Hi, Scenarios? Does it have a campaign? From June 1941 can you play right out until end of war?

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 3
RE: Some questions - 9/25/2015 5:43:53 PM   
Vic

We have chosen to do the game well and in-depth instead of making a number of less complex and involving scenarios. There are different variants you can use to play Operation Barbarossa and there are many different paths you can choose in-game, including what-if options. Furthermore the gameplay and mechanics are really different depending if you play the axis or the soviets.

As for the timeline. The game focuses on Operation Barbarossa and its direct aftermath. So the games start at june 1941 and can last until around february 1942.

Best wishes,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Titan)
Post #: 4
RE: Some questions - 9/26/2015 11:10:29 AM   
Ason

quote:

As for the timeline. The game focuses on Operation Barbarossa and its direct aftermath. So the games start at june 1941 and can last until around february 1942.
That's a real shame...I thought we would atleast be able to play until 1945/defeating the russians...

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa >> Some questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI