Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Production question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Production question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Production question - 10/13/2015 4:23:49 PM   
Commanderski

In the Event log it says "Schweinfurt does not have enough resources for Heavy Industry". The facility is not damaged. Is there a way to increase the resources for it or is it more or less just for informational purposes in this case?
Post #: 1
RE: Production question - 10/13/2015 4:27:54 PM   
Helpless

It could be problem of logistics.

Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development

(in reply to Commanderski)
Post #: 2
RE: Production question - 10/13/2015 7:22:49 PM   
whoofe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Helpless

It could be problem of logistics.

such as...?

bombing resources in general?
rail interdiction around the factory? (or between resource production and the factory?)
bombing railyard/depots that are near the factory?

does any or all of those have an effect on the resources getting to factories?

anything else that can affect those logistics?

(in reply to Helpless)
Post #: 3
RE: Production question - 10/13/2015 7:59:19 PM   
Joel Billings

Could be a shortage of rail capacity (railyards). Could be the rails are too congested. Could be not enough resources being created. You either don't have enough resources or they can't get to the right place (which means a rail issue).

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to whoofe)
Post #: 4
RE: Production question - 10/13/2015 9:02:42 PM   
KWG

As Allies I believe bombing the railyards is the best way to "spread the pain".

"A word was said - a mare is standing by the fence."

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 5
RE: Production question - 10/13/2015 9:41:17 PM   
Denniss

Too many synth fuel facts eating lots of resources and likely creating lots of rail traffic + the unwarranted 135% production modifier.
Some locations misplaced (Castrop-Rauxel, Blechhammer-N, Deschowitz, Kamen, Brüx), Buer location contains a medium sized fac which operated next to a coal mine (as most others did, AFAIR only Stettin was an exception from this) but no resource production present.
Blechhammer too large and by far too early on-map. On the other hand a large synth fac + coal mine is missing in Brüx
Some special plants like Benzol and alcohol refineries are represented as synth fuel facs. These should be on-map as they were frequently attacked by allies in 44 but I'm unsure how to properly model them. Have to dig through Fischer-Tropsch archive docs to get more data in this.

(in reply to KWG)
Post #: 6
RE: Production question - 10/13/2015 9:55:47 PM   
KWG

quote:

ORIGINAL: Denniss

Too many synth fuel facts eating lots of resources and likely creating lots of rail traffic + the unwarranted 135% production modifier.
Some locations misplaced (Castrop-Rauxel, Blechhammer-N, Deschowitz, Kamen, Brüx), Buer location contains a medium sized fac which operated next to a coal mine (as most others did, AFAIR only Stettin was an exception from this) but no resource production present.
Blechhammer too large and by far too early on-map. On the other hand a large synth fac + coal mine is missing in Brüx
Some special plants like Benzol and alcohol refineries are represented as synth fuel facs. These should be on-map as they were frequently attacked by allies in 44 but I'm unsure how to properly model them. Have to dig through Fischer-Tropsch archive docs to get more data in this.

I had a Armenian Organic Chemistry Prof. that would go into a state of ecstasy when talking about the WW2 chemical wizardry of Germany. He said the German chemists had to play "catch up" with their own advancement. They would do the physical part of the chemistry then spend months figuring out the theory of what they had accomplished.
Iam reading a book right now about the chemist that kept the South going for the last 2 years of the Civil War by his chemical doctrines.

What do you do know about the potato fuel industry and was the worlds first operational jet fighter really ran on 'taters?

< Message edited by KWG -- 10/14/2015 4:55:26 AM >

"A word was said - a mare is standing by the fence."

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 7
RE: Production question - 10/13/2015 10:49:50 PM   
Commanderski

quote:

That may be the case but I'll also check the rail yards and my Resource factories as they may have some affect on it as well. Lot's of things to check in this game...

(in reply to KWG)
Post #: 8
RE: Production question - 10/14/2015 9:58:12 AM   
Denniss

I'm working on getting oil/fuel/synth fuel properly set up based on wartime and postwar docs. This is a myriad of documents and some even somewhat contradictory.
I've seen maps from several plants and those were placed close to rivers and rail lines but some lack at least a railyard point to reflect this (Wesseling, Ludwigshafen as examples). I assume inland ports wouldn't work (impossible? to trace routes via Major rivers, would require lots of additional data).

(in reply to Commanderski)
Post #: 9
RE: Production question - 10/15/2015 12:11:11 AM   
cmunson

Denniss, I appreciate the attention to detail. The Germans and Russians especially moved a lot of stuff by canal and river but I don't see how that would be easily modeled in the game unless you lowered the transport cost for resources so it doesn't ding your rail capacity so much.

I know y'all will think of something.

Chris

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 10
RE: Production question - 10/15/2015 9:49:37 AM   
Denniss

Qick and dirty solution to get increased transport capacity is spamming railyards in locations with known larger river/canal harbors. No need for deeply developed inland naval interdiction model, simply bomb railyards to reduce transport capacity. One could even low-level depots for large harbors.

(in reply to cmunson)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Production question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI