Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[FIXED v1.11 SR4] SAM Not Firing After Being RE-Positioned via Teleporting

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [FIXED v1.11 SR4] SAM Not Firing After Being RE-Positioned via Teleporting Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[FIXED v1.11 SR4] SAM Not Firing After Being RE-Positio... - 7/21/2016 1:58:16 AM   
DWReese

Ok, this gets a little complicated.

I created a scenario. I placed numerous units far away from the battle. I intend to POSSIBLY have them teleported in if the randomization indicates that it will occur. Initially, everything worked fine. The SAMs were teleported, and fired at the planes without an issue.

Then one day, I decided to tidy up my scenario a little bit, and I began moving my units which could be teleported closer to each other, for no particular reason at all other than aesthetics. I noticed that after doing that, the SAM units WOULD BE TELEPORTED, and would fire at the incoming planes, but EVERY MISSILE would go blind and self-destruct. Any of the original units that I placed on the map and NEVER MOVED continue to work fine.

As a work around, when ever the game indicates that these units have been teleported into the game, then I stop the game (using the Editor), delete the teleported unit, add a new unit of the same type, and continue play. By doing so, the new SAM unit will fire without a problem. Apparently, moving the unit (even if you update the scenario and save it) after it has been set up for teleporting messes up the unit's radar (or detection) abilities.

I have included a copy of the scenario. The units in question are the SA-11, SA-20, and the SA-22.

Doug

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by emsoy -- 7/30/2016 2:29:40 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: SAM Not Firing After Being RE-Positioned via Telepo... - 7/30/2016 2:28:51 PM   
ComDev

Thanks Doug, fixed v1.11 SR4

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!

(in reply to DWReese)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [FIXED v1.11 SR4] SAM Not Firing After Being RE-Positioned via Teleporting Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI