Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How do i get Big Units to show in game?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> How do i get Big Units to show in game? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How do i get Big Units to show in game? - 12/8/2015 8:10:19 AM   
soxy1312

I have installed the Elite Units into Panzer Corps,and it works great,but the Big Units don't appear-I unzipped the Big Units into same folder in game-or do I unzip them elsewhere? Any help would be appreciated,guys.Thank you,Peter.
Post #: 1
RE: How do i get Big Units to show in game? - 12/13/2015 2:56:37 AM   
cw58

The big unit pics go in the bigunits folder inside the UI folder. So the path looks something like Panzer Corps/UI/bigunits.

Or if swapping in a mod using GME, it would be something like Panzer Corps/Mods/{name of mod}/UI/bigunits.

< Message edited by cw58 -- 12/13/2015 7:24:11 AM >

(in reply to soxy1312)
Post #: 2
RE: How do i get Big Units to show in game? - 12/13/2015 12:29:16 PM   
soxy1312

Hi Mate-I did that-but they don't show.Do they show in purchase,or actual game? Excuse my dumb question.Thanks for your reply.Peter.

(in reply to cw58)
Post #: 3
RE: How do i get Big Units to show in game? - 12/13/2015 8:26:17 PM   
cw58

My apologies. From your OP, I thought that maybe you had put the big pics in the wrong folder.

I can answer your last question though. The big pics will show up in the purchase screen (top right corner when a unit is selected) and also the unit info screen in-game (when you right-click on a unit). So just like the regular game.

Back to your OP: Are we talking about Airbornemongo's Elite Units Mod? And are you using the Generic Mod Enabler to swap in the mod? If the answer to both of those questions is yes, then you've got a problem I probably can't help with, because it should work without having to manually move files or folders.

I would offer one suggestion: go to http://slitherine.com/ . Their Panzer Corps forum is much more active than here and there are several people over there who could most likely help you. Good luck

< Message edited by cw58 -- 12/13/2015 9:30:51 PM >

(in reply to soxy1312)
Post #: 4
RE: How do i get Big Units to show in game? - 12/14/2015 4:46:56 PM   
soxy1312

Hi mate-well im just using the basic elite units pack-it shows all the comaflauged units,ect,and seems to work well,but the big units just do not sow up.i don't use the generic mod enabler,as I find its a bloody nightmare to use,with windows 8.And,when I downloaded the new sealions campaign,i had to re do all the stuff again-otherwise I had all the plain grey imags of aircraft,ect.and the basic sounds,so I had to overdo the sounds again too

(in reply to cw58)
Post #: 5
RE: How do i get Big Units to show in game? - 12/14/2015 6:45:25 PM   
cw58

I understand your reluctance to use the GME. I only recently started using it after many years of modding

But any updates will overwrite all or most of your modifications to the game. Each and every time. Found that out the hard way.

So, if I understand correctly, you're moving the files from the mod download and overwriting the game files, which is the way I used to do it. The only thing I can tell you is that the bigunit pics folder is in a different location than the data and graphics files.

Another question just occurred to me. Are all of the bigunit pics not showing or just the ones for the new elite units?

(in reply to soxy1312)
Post #: 6
RE: How do i get Big Units to show in game? - 12/17/2015 1:13:16 PM   
soxy1312

Hi-None of the big units show-Everything else shows,the camoflauged units,ect,the aircraft skins,ect.I did everything correctly,unzipped it all into a new folder,so I could drop all the files into the appropriate folders.It's a bit of a mystery.Thanks for your patience mate.Peter.

(in reply to cw58)
Post #: 7
RE: How do i get Big Units to show in game? - 12/17/2015 1:16:24 PM   
soxy1312

Hi-re your comment,about other updates overriding mods-Maybe its the Redux sound mod that is interfering with it? Peter.

(in reply to cw58)
Post #: 8
RE: How do i get Big Units to show in game? - 12/17/2015 1:41:22 PM   
VPaulus

quote:

ORIGINAL: soxy1312

Hi-re your comment,about other updates overriding mods-Maybe its the Redux sound mod that is interfering with it? Peter.

As long as the other mod isn't using a custom efx.pzdat file, RSM Redux shouldn't be a problem. :)

< Message edited by VPaulus -- 12/17/2015 2:41:47 PM >

(in reply to soxy1312)
Post #: 9
RE: How do i get Big Units to show in game? - 12/17/2015 4:30:54 PM   
cw58

quote:

ORIGINAL: soxy1312

As VPaulus said, the sound mod is not likely the problem. With the way you are manually modding the program, the only thing that would overwrite without you knowing would be the official game updates. I believe those overwrite all game files to the latest version, thereby undoing your work.

I downloaded the Elite Units mod and looked it over. It has only bigunit pics for the new units so if you just replaced the original bigunits folder with the modded one, you'd be missing a lot of pics. Actually, you'd be missing all the vanilla pics. But if you dragged all the Elite pics and dropped them into the vanilla bigunits folder, then you would be ok. So I'm not sure how none of the pics are showing up. I would expect to see at least the vanilla pics or the new elite pics but not both to be missing.

Last thing I can think of is to check your path. Starting with wherever your game is located, the path should look like this (because you're modding manually and not using GME):
Panzer Corps/UI/bigunits.
Follow that path and look in the bigunits folder and see if all the pics are there. Best of luck

PS: Earlier you mentioned the Sea Lion campaign. I don't have that yet so I'm not sure what the file path would be for that. So if you're playing that, maybe there's another bigunit folder hiding somewhere?

(in reply to soxy1312)
Post #: 10
RE: How do i get Big Units to show in game? - 12/22/2015 1:55:55 PM   
soxy1312

Thanks mate-I'll try the dropping all the elite pics into the vanilla big units folder.Thank you for your kind help.Merry Christmas and God Bless.Peter.

(in reply to cw58)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> How do i get Big Units to show in game? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI