Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Hogmanay

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Hogmanay Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hogmanay - 12/30/2015 10:55:41 AM   
siddious

*HAPPY NEW YEAR* EVERYONE.
Here in scotland we have HOGMANAY which is to celebrate the bringing in of the new year and the year just past, festivities can start about as early as you like on the 31st but best not get to drunk early on cause you might miss THE BELLS ( MIDNIGHT ) and into the new year.

Hogmanay is for most scotts a bigger, more important day than any other day of the year ( apart from youge kids maybe ) waking up on the 31st here is almost electrifying with thoughts of the party to come.

I know that auld lang syne is sung all over the world, a scotish song with world wide sentiment.So how do you celebrate ( if at all ) the new year in your part of the world, do you sing auld lang syne for example?

Who ever you are, where ever you are i wish you all a very happy new year and all the very best for 2016 :)

As i said how do you celabrate where ever you are ?
Post #: 1
RE: Hogmanay - 12/30/2015 4:34:03 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: siddious

*HAPPY NEW YEAR* EVERYONE.
Here in scotland we have HOGMANAY which is to celebrate the bringing in of the new year and the year just past, festivities can start about as early as you like on the 31st but best not get to drunk early on cause you might miss THE BELLS ( MIDNIGHT ) and into the new year.

Hogmanay is for most scotts a bigger, more important day than any other day of the year ( apart from youge kids maybe ) waking up on the 31st here is almost electrifying with thoughts of the party to come.

I know that auld lang syne is sung all over the world, a scotish song with world wide sentiment.So how do you celebrate ( if at all ) the new year in your part of the world, do you sing auld lang syne for example?

Who ever you are, where ever you are i wish you all a very happy new year and all the very best for 2016 :)

As i said how do you celabrate where ever you are ?
warspite1

Happy Hogmanay to you to siddious - I hope you and all our Scottish forumites have a good one.

Personally, I have never seen the New Year as a big thing (Christmas is the biggie) - and as I have got older so I seem to have increasingly less enthusiasm to celebrate the passing of another year.

So I will see the New Year in with my family as always (well the last few years since when the little warspites have been old enough to stay up) and wish for a better 2016.

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to siddious)
Post #: 2
RE: Hogmanay - 12/30/2015 4:40:08 PM   
Orm

Happy Hogmanay, siddious.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Hogmanay Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote