Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Wish List thread

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Brother against Brother: The Drawing of the Sword >> Wish List thread Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wish List thread - 4/16/2015 11:36:06 PM   
Gil R.

WCS always tries to enhance its titles after release by means of feature patches, so please use this thread as a place to make suggestions for what should be added. We will seriously consider every suggestion, and expect to be able to implement a significant number of them over time. Thank you very much.

Post #: 1
RE: Wish List thread - 4/17/2015 1:37:46 AM   
Clinchrifles

Would be great to have a button to jump to the next brigade. While the screen zooms to the next brigade commander it would also show lines from him to all of that brigades regiments (hoi3 like). I think that would make things a little more user friendly. Thanks!

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 2
RE: Wish List thread - 4/17/2015 3:01:06 AM   
FroBodine

1. It would be very great to have the lines during firefights have an arrow on one end, showing who is attacking who. The arrow would point to who is being attacked. This will help folks like me who don't know the brigades/divisions by name, and I can't tell if the Union or Confederates are attacking.

2. A suggestion taken from the excellent game Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm.

When the OOB is open, you can click on a brigade or whatever, and it will highlight the unit on the map.

Please add the reverse of this, so when you click on a unit on the map, that unit is highlighted in the OOB list. This is a very useful feature in Flashpoint Campaigns, and I have never seen such an elegant UI for an OOB before. It just makes the OOB so easy to use and find anything you want, either from the OOB list or by clicking on units on the map and seeing where they are in the OOB list.

BaB is so good in so many places, I really think this addition will just add to that greatness.

< Message edited by jglazier -- 4/17/2015 4:01:57 AM >

(in reply to Clinchrifles)
Post #: 3
RE: Wish List thread - 4/17/2015 6:52:00 AM   
Franchot

quote:

ORIGINAL: Clinchrifles

Would be great to have a button to jump to the next brigade.

Second vote for a click-able button to move to the next unit instead of using the keyboard.

Post #: 4
RE: Wish List thread - 4/17/2015 8:49:02 AM   
spelk

An option to set the zoom level of the map, whilst resolving combat. At the moment, the game zooms out to the fullest extent and the visually appealing "reveal" of each combat is seen at a distance so that the "feel" of the combat is lost.

I'd like to be down "in the action", rather than see the combat arrows from such a high vantage point. The combat reveal is the main joy of planning attacks, clicking end turn and watching the outcome. At times I can't tell which way the combat resolution arrow points, because the zoom level is so far out.

Setting a slider option for zoom level, would allow people to take in all the battlefield, or to see that actual unit combat in all its smoky glory :)

(in reply to Franchot)
Post #: 5
RE: Wish List thread - 4/17/2015 9:07:06 AM   
oldspec4

quote:

ORIGINAL: spelk

An option to set the zoom level of the map, whilst resolving combat. At the moment, the game zooms out to the fullest extent and the visually appealing "reveal" of each combat is seen at a distance so that the "feel" of the combat is lost.

I'd like to be down "in the action", rather than see the combat arrows from such a high vantage point. The combat reveal is the main joy of planning attacks, clicking end turn and watching the outcome. At times I can't tell which way the combat resolution arrow points, because the zoom level is so far out.

Setting a slider option for zoom level, would allow people to take in all the battlefield, or to see that actual unit combat in all its smoky glory :)

+1 for my old eyes..

(in reply to spelk)
Post #: 6
RE: Wish List thread - 4/17/2015 9:14:00 AM   
zakblood

my wish list before i get off on hols is for everyone to enjoy it, and enough buy it that the developers can do another one, as i do like my war games

(in reply to oldspec4)
Post #: 7
RE: Wish List thread - 4/17/2015 11:08:58 AM   
AlessandroD

What about a "undo" button?

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 8
RE: Wish List thread - 4/17/2015 12:47:23 PM   
FroBodine

quote:

ORIGINAL: oldspec4

quote:

ORIGINAL: spelk

+1 for my old eyes..

+2 for me, too. I really don't like how the combat resolution phase zooms so far out, and I can't the names of the units or anything. If anything, it should zoom in to show the two units engaging. Then, zoom to the next set of units engaging. I don't know enough about the Civil War to know what side the units are on just by their name. Being able to see exactly what unit is attacking what unit, and their name and flag would help me get my bearings, and know if my guys are attacking, or if the enemy is attacking. For me, this is the weakest part of the game right now.

(in reply to oldspec4)
Post #: 9
RE: Wish List thread - 4/17/2015 2:18:18 PM   
Erik Rutins

I'll reply to this here as well:

We found early on that zooming out actually gave the player much better awareness of how the battle was unfolding. After each combat, a line is drawn showing which units are exchanging fire. Casualty numbers are also displayed above them if appropriate and a combat report tells you which units were involved.

There are two more planned improvements for this post-release. First, to add the flag next to the unit name in the combat report so that some cases where you have, for example, the East Tennessee unit firing on the Tennessee unit are less confusing.

The second is an option to stay zoomed in during combat.

You'll only get the full sounds and casualties showed if there was actually some damage caused. In some cases a unit wants to fire, but is unable to due to order limitations, or it's out of effective range. The end of turn report should explain this.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to FroBodine)
Post #: 10
RE: Wish List thread - 4/17/2015 2:34:35 PM   
Floyd

A bit OT: is it possible to get the "printer friendly" manual printed with one page per sheet
instead of two, like in the e-book version? Multi-page printing is supported in the reader,
if the customer wants it. I personally prefer larger letters, single page per sheet.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 11
RE: Wish List thread - 4/17/2015 3:40:01 PM   
FroBodine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

There are two more planned improvements for this post-release. First, to add the flag next to the unit name in the combat report so that some cases where you have, for example, the East Tennessee unit firing on the Tennessee unit are less confusing.

These two additions should really help! They are my biggest issues with the game so far, and both will be fixed! Excellent!

Post #: 12
RE: Wish List thread - 4/17/2015 4:16:42 PM   
spelk

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

This is excellent news Erik! Thanks for letting us know about it.

Post #: 13
RE: Wish List thread - 4/19/2015 6:40:57 AM   
Ironclad

Refined Group Move

From reading the manual I'm assuming a group move will move all the units concerned directly towards the selected hex from their individual current locations. If that is the case it would be good to have an alternative for use within normal movement range (ie the movement hex grid) where all the group could be ordered to follow the specific path of the lead unit which the player would order hex by hex to its destination. This would greatly ease player workload and speed up group movements when moving brigades, divisions etc along roads and trails without having to order each unit in turn along each hex of the chosen thoroughfare.

(in reply to spelk)
Post #: 14
RE: Wish List thread - 4/19/2015 6:51:50 AM   
Ironclad

Random Battles

As previously requested it would be good to have the option in a future BAB release of random battles using a points system by choosing generic units within a selected army type eg early, mid and late USA/CSA with eastern and western variants.

(in reply to Ironclad)
Post #: 15
RE: Wish List thread - 4/19/2015 5:17:39 PM   
Vyper

I'd wish for a replacement of the current weather/sound to an addition of a small weather window up top next to the other small windows. I could then see the weather at a glance, ect, without it being a burden.

(in reply to Ironclad)
Post #: 16
RE: Wish List thread - 4/20/2015 7:51:41 PM   
spelk

Echelon coloured shapes on Chits

At the moment the Echelon colours only work for the sprite graphics option, there are no difference between the Generals and the brigades (circles and rectangles) when displayed on the chits (all rectangles).

(in reply to Vyper)
Post #: 17
RE: Wish List thread - 4/20/2015 8:42:05 PM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vyper

I'd wish for a replacement of the current weather/sound to an addition of a small weather window up top next to the other small windows. I could then see the weather at a glance, ect, without it being a burden.

I think the current weather shows up in text at the upper right of the screen.

Thanks
Rick

(in reply to Vyper)
Post #: 18
RE: Wish List thread - 4/21/2015 11:56:40 AM   
spelk

Combat reports structured to have pertinent detail at top

Instead of a scrollable log of turns first, I think this sort of format would be more useful to players (just free thinking here):

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Attacker [Flag] vs Defender [Flag]

Attacker [Flag] Casualties: nnn , Defender [Flag] Casualties: nnn
Attacker [Flag] Morale: nnn (loss) , Defender [Flag] Morale: nnn (loss)

Scrollable list of Attacks and their outcomes, possible tabulated

Modifiers and what not
-----------------------------------------------------------------

In fact you could have a shorthand info line pop up (like already does) but with

[Flag] Losses / Morale (loss) = [Flag] Losses / Morale (loss)

Essentially, you want your player to be able to take the result of combat immediately, so they can assess what went wrong, or right and begin planning again.

If they need more info, then the Battle report and scrollable "drill down" of events come into play.

Most the time, I look at the end of turn summary, and have to scroll half-way down the events, just to get the overall casualties and morale loss numbers. I hardly ever sift through the voluminous events list above it all. No doubt there may come a time when I want to, but I think quick, easy to read, battle outcome summaries are very helpful, and all the other info is available if we need it.

Anyway, just a thought.

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 19
RE: Wish List thread - 4/21/2015 9:12:09 PM   
aaatoysandmore

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gil R.

WCS always tries to enhance its titles after release by means of feature patches, so please use this thread as a place to make suggestions for what should be added. We will seriously consider every suggestion, and expect to be able to implement a significant number of them over time. Thank you very much.

ANCIENTS expansion pak!!

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 20
RE: Wish List thread - 4/22/2015 10:20:16 PM   
Brambo

I would like to be able to save a PBEM game part way through a turn instead of having to complete the whole turn in one sitting. It would be helpful if you had a save key that would upload to the server for you to continue your turn when you had time. It just helps when you have a busy day, you can play part of the map and then come back and finish your turn when you have time. The guy I'm playing against me atm has agreed with me so I said I would add it to the forum posts. I suggest the upload to the server so it would prevent people from saving their game and then continuing to see if there plan worked and if it didn't going back to their save. Not that any good gamer would do that.

(in reply to aaatoysandmore)
Post #: 21
RE: Wish List thread - 4/23/2015 3:03:20 AM   
demiller

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ironclad

Refined Group Move

From reading the manual I'm assuming a group move will move all the units concerned directly towards the selected hex from their individual current locations. If that is the case it would be good to have an alternative for use within normal movement range (ie the movement hex grid) where all the group could be ordered to follow the specific path of the lead unit which the player would order hex by hex to its destination. This would greatly ease player workload and speed up group movements when moving brigades, divisions etc along roads and trails without having to order each unit in turn along each hex of the chosen thoroughfare.

+1 - This, very much. Some form of formation column movement would be really useful.

AKA panzerde

(in reply to Ironclad)
Post #: 22
RE: Wish List thread - 4/25/2015 3:48:03 PM   
Clinchrifles

1)Longstreet and Ewell both have nearly the same colors. Any way we can add a symbol to one of them (maybe an x going through brigade colors). This isnt limited to these two brigades either.
2)Any way you can give different orders amongst the brigade? Ie-hold for infantry and advance to cavalry
3)We need a well defined tutorial or wiki made by players (devs are not needed here)
4)In combat situations where men lost is shown above the regiment---Can we make this number larger? Even on my 39 inch monitor I can barely read this. Would be awesome if the number was larger so I dont have to pay a lot of attention to the numbers in the battle report.
5)Still would like to see units better on minimap (this is a problem on my laptop)
6)In combat situations there is an arrow pointed at who is attacking who but the tip of the arrow is always inside the unit so it is hard to tell what is going on. Would it be possible to put the arrow in the middle of the segment if it is one attacking another without counterfire? Obviously-if there is counterfire it could just be a segment (with no arrows)
7)Can we get specific audio for a good csa attack, for a good usa attack, for a csa charge, for a usa charge? Right now its a generic "woohoo" and you dont know who is doing the ball busting until you see the reports
8)I would prefer to see attack results before counter-attack results
9)Clicking on a commander AUTOMATICALLY shows command radius and I would love for the borders of this to be a little bigger. Its sometimes hard to tell when a unit is close to the bull run riparian zone (which is already a brownish color)

These are things I think we need for the most part. The next few things are longshots but I will ask
1)Would love if it would be possible to play a game live. Like cwg2 i sit back and watch (what is in my los) my opponent execute his turn.
2)Would love if we could do above (1) 2v2. I know that is wishful thinking for the future but some of the bigger battles you may try in the future, this would be great (but only if 1 was true)
3)Lets get some user generated maps. Thats fine if u guys reserve what you would like to do in the future (its a business and i think you deserve to make your money) but I think we can make some smaller battles or even some completely hypothetical maps and scenarios. A wise game creator would never ignore the possibilities that modders could add so much.
4)I dont know if u can do this but opening sales on steam is a necessary evil. I dont know if matrix allows this? I may be out of line here.

(in reply to demiller)
Post #: 23
RE: Wish List thread - 4/25/2015 9:00:17 PM   
berto

(Disclaimer: I haven't purchased the game yet. Given how otherwise busy I am, I don't have the time, or the patience, to deal with glitches, teething pains, hot fixes, and such right now. Maybe next month.)

In general, I think AI-controlled firing is a great innovation. But I could foresee circumstances where I might want to override, or at least influence, the AI-directed firing -- whether on a regiment by regiment basis, or higher up the command hierarchy.

Scourge of War has a feature where one can "Take Charge" and micromanage functions otherwise controlled by the AI.

Is there any provision for this in BaB? Might there be? Even if not to assume total control, to at least nudge firing in the desired manner?

Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles, Civil War Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

Post #: 24
RE: Wish List thread - 4/25/2015 9:50:24 PM   
ericbabe

Yes, there are two different mechanisms for influencing the automatic targeting in BAB: division commanders can set focus hexes periodically that increase the chance that regiments will fire into the focus hex, and artillery batteries can be given orders to prefer artillery targets over infantry in some situations.

(in reply to berto)
Post #: 25
RE: Wish List thread - 4/25/2015 9:54:31 PM   
berto

quote:

ORIGINAL: ericbabe

Yes, there are two different mechanisms for influencing the automatic targeting in BAB: division commanders can set focus hexes periodically that increase the chance that regiments will fire into the focus hex, and artillery batteries can be given orders to prefer artillery targets over infantry in some situations.

Cool beans.

Get the polishing done right, and this could be the ACW game series of my dreams.

Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles, Civil War Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 26
RE: Wish List thread - 4/26/2015 7:26:16 AM   
AlessandroD

quote:

ORIGINAL: bertoGet the polishing done right, and this could be the ACW game series of my dreams.

Berto, you are just wasting your time

Seriously, this game need some tweaking but it is totally playable.

(in reply to berto)
Post #: 27
RE: Wish List thread - 4/26/2015 1:29:51 PM   
Capitaine

I have had trouble discerning the type of unit and its formation and facing using the graphic unit icons, particularly in the Wilson's Creek battle where some units are very small resulting only in a couple of figures being shown for the unit. It's important for me, above all, to have clarity in the depiction of units and presently the game falls very short in this department.

Accordingly, I would like to see revisions in the unit graphics as follows:

1. Either abandon the depiction of losses to the unit graphic so all units appear full strength; or establish a minimum number of figures needed to show facing and formation adequately, and do not reduce the no. of figures below this level. Generally speaking, the reduction of figures for unit size and its reflection of casualties is a cool notion, but the severe difficulty of viewing the formation/facing of a unit with less than, say, 100 men makes it too confusing. How do you see what is a unit's formation or facing with only one or two figures? It's even hard to see the unit in the hex at all sometimes (or which hex it's in).

2. Eliminate the mounted commander for infantry units. Particularly with the ultra-small units described in 1. above, it's too easy to confuse the infantry unit for cavalry or an HQ. And while I don't doubt that regimental colonels had a mount, it's my understanding that they typically led their regiment on foot in battle. Like the figure depiction issue above, it's a cool idea in theory but in practice it has caused me a lot of confusion (and I don't consider it very historical for a bn to be led by a mounted officer in most cases).

Post #: 28
RE: Wish List thread - 4/26/2015 8:46:17 PM   
ericbabe

Thanks for the feedback.

1. There is a minimum already, but it is perhaps too small.
2. That's a good idea.

(in reply to Capitaine)
Post #: 29
RE: Wish List thread - 4/28/2015 4:03:31 PM   
marcpennington

It has been mentioned elsewhere, but let me add my voice to having more detailed NATO counters. I would love if they could include a box with a simple indication of formation (the counters in Command Ops and the way they handle posture are a good example of how this could work), a symbol that pops up if skirmishers are deployed, and a simple square going from green to red to indicate the overall strength of the unit.

Also, this next request is extremely petty, but might add some polish to the game. But I have noticed how regimental names on the map are cut off in weird ways. For example, "1st New Yo". To me it would look better if the standard abreviations for state names were used on the map--- in this case 1st NY. I said it was a petty request... ;)

Fantastic game, BTW.

Edit--- Since I posted this, I have found the option to show unit strength/ supply details. But those vertical columns are seriously ugly (sorry), and two small boxes on the NATO chit color coded from green to red would be a way better way to convey the info in an asctheticaly pleasing way.

< Message edited by map66 -- 4/29/2015 4:15:02 AM >

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Brother against Brother: The Drawing of the Sword >> Wish List thread Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI