Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[ADDED v1.09] Possible to change side or spawn base due to event?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> [ADDED v1.09] Possible to change side or spawn base due to event? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[ADDED v1.09] Possible to change side or spawn base due... - 3/10/2014 8:27:00 PM   
sjgold

I am looking to create a scenario where I need to simulate the capture of an air base by paratroopers.
The other side will need to re-take the air base in order to project and go on the counter offensive.
Other than splitting the scenario into two parts is there a way to spawn a new base/remove the old or change the side of a base.

Thanks in advance.

< Message edited by Sunburn -- 1/8/2016 7:48:10 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Possible to change side or spawn base due to event? - 3/11/2014 9:12:36 PM   
Jakob Wedman

Existing request updated, thanks.

(in reply to sjgold)
Post #: 2
RE: Possible to change side or spawn base due to event? - 3/20/2014 10:08:00 AM   
Jakob Wedman

What you could try (have not tried myself ) to model the first takeover is to put the air base in a third side that at start is allied to the owning side. When the paratroopers land at the air base you use an action that changes the posture to hostile to the first side. In this way the first side should be able to use the airbase before capture, but not after.

(in reply to Jakob Wedman)
Post #: 3
RE: Possible to change side or spawn base due to event? - 3/20/2014 10:34:31 AM   
Gunner98

One other way that this might happen is to:
-Have the airfield to be captured teleport away as an action
-Have another airfield of the appropriate side teleport into the area
-This would be much easier to do if they were 'single unit airfields' but that detracts a bit from the realism
-I have not tried this but suspect that you could repeat as needed with the ebb & flow of the game

Jakob, I tried the method you suggested the other night but no go - might have screwed something up though so I'll try again when I have a chance.

B

Post #: 4
RE: Possible to change side or spawn base due to event? - 3/20/2014 2:10:49 PM   
Jakob Wedman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gunner98

-This would be much easier to do if they were 'single unit airfields' but that detracts a bit from the realism
-I have not tried this but suspect that you could repeat as needed with the ebb & flow of the game

Jakob, I tried the method you suggested the other night but no go - might have screwed something up though so I'll try again when I have a chance.

B

Yes, but what happens with the aircrafts at the base?

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 5
RE: Possible to change side or spawn base due to event? - 3/20/2014 3:02:43 PM   
Yokes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gunner98

B

I did this in "Facing The Bear". Feel free to copy what I did there. It works pretty well, I think.

Yokes

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 6
RE: Possible to change side or spawn base due to event? - 3/20/2014 8:46:31 PM   
Gunner98

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jakob Wedman

Yes, but what happens with the aircrafts at the base?

I'm not sure on that one. They may teleport in with the new base so you could build a duplicate set, or just consider them sabotaged which would not be hard for anyone with a hammer to do. Given the time scale of the game that would put it out of action.

B

Post #: 7
RE: Possible to change side or spawn base due to event? - 3/22/2014 2:22:42 AM   
sjgold

If I went with the teleport option I would assume the aircraft would teleport as well (could be specified when the even triggers)

I think single unit airbases are the best way to go here though. I did not consider the 3rd force/change of posture idea. Would the AI ferry aircraft to the 3rd party base?
Or would I need to trigger the ferry with the event?

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 8
RE: Possible to change side or spawn base due to event? - 3/22/2014 9:17:08 AM   
Gunner98

sjgold

I am fairly sure the ferry mission works to an allied base (both sides, posture friendly to each other). An event trigger would also work

B

(in reply to sjgold)
Post #: 9
RE: Possible to change side or spawn base due to event? - 1/8/2016 6:47:55 PM   
Dimitris

This is now possible through Lua, from v1.09 onwards.

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> [ADDED v1.09] Possible to change side or spawn base due to event? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI