Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Belisarius vs. Viking no2

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> Belisarius vs. Viking no2 Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Belisarius vs. Viking no2 - 2/19/2003 1:59:56 AM   
Belisarius

So I'm in for it again. V2 has beaten me up twice in a row, and this won't be different I suppose. :p

9000p, Germany vs. USA, June 1944.

The map is HUGE! Southern half is mostly small hills and flat grassland - tank country! :eek: Northern half is more a series of ridges and thick woods, at least in the combat zone. Lots of roads run north-south and east-west in the usual fashion. Some smaller streams and creeks as well and a few villages.

Wehrmacht deployed and ready to go!

Got StuG?
Post #: 1
- 2/21/2003 12:46:26 AM   
Belisarius

BUMP, dammit. :D

Got StuG?

(in reply to Belisarius)
Post #: 2
- 2/21/2003 9:48:54 AM   
VikingNo2

Busy at work will get to it tonight, sorry:(

(in reply to Belisarius)
Post #: 3
- 2/21/2003 12:55:36 PM   
VikingNo2

Opening salvos, on both sides are a mixture of smoke and heavy guns.

We both smoke the same areas:eek:

Nothing spotted this turn

(in reply to Belisarius)
Post #: 4
- 2/22/2003 10:07:24 PM   
Belisarius

US fast-response artillery plot our mortar positions and start pounding away. :eek: :eek:

A few enemy scout troops are seen.

Got StuG?

(in reply to Belisarius)
Post #: 5
- 2/23/2003 2:48:26 AM   
VikingNo2

122mm arty comes crashing down around 155 US arty position the brave gunners continu firing though.

Not much to report recon elements find a German Scout Jeep and a .50 cal rips it to shreds

(in reply to Belisarius)
Post #: 6
- 2/23/2003 7:30:37 PM   
Belisarius

NOOOOO I had PLANS for that Kubelwagen! He was so young, so innocent.... :( :p

Not much movement, I send another Wagen to its' death looking for AT guns. :cool: Apparently the Mortar Crew Union has decided to call for a strike in the middle of all this. No-one reports to HQ anymore. :confused: Negotiations will commence...

Got StuG?

(in reply to Belisarius)
Post #: 7
- 2/24/2003 12:42:38 AM   
VikingNo2

My guess is that the Mortar's are moving:rolleyes:

Not much to report recon units press foward finding nothing, except a German Squad trying to cross the road. a few burst from a .50 cal send them running.

Back to you B-man

(in reply to Belisarius)
Post #: 8
- 2/25/2003 1:01:07 AM   
Belisarius

That FJ squad was already heading that way, but thanks for helping! :D

American four deuces are joining the 155 concert. Shells are falling on my northern positions - in the woods! Figures they'll try a breaktrough there. :rolleyes: Several of my squads was hit multiple times - suppression: 0. I love GE infantry. :cool:

It does look like a preparatory bombardment, and V2 are staying true to his color by sending in fast light armor to ravage my front lines. Have we seen this before? Hopefully I've learned the lesson :p

In the words of Mel "Braveheart" Gibson: Hoooold! Hooooooold! HOOOOOLD!

Got StuG?

(in reply to Belisarius)
Post #: 9
Sneeky B-man - 2/25/2003 5:49:41 AM   
VikingNo2

German forces are being very quite, and are reconing effectively. not much to report, spotted a machine gun carring German jeep, .50 rips apart another one, all else is quite. Tanks can be heard in the trees but none are spotted yet.

(in reply to Belisarius)
Post #: 10
- 2/26/2003 12:56:55 AM   
Belisarius

Me? Sneaky? :p Mister Pot, meet Mister Kettle... :rolleyes:

I did catch a glimpse of a HT and a Stuart and sent a few mortars his way. No other sight of the enemy.

Heavy shelling to the north and center woods. Some of it is so accurate that I smell infiltrators but none are seen so far.

A Public Service Note: Four deuces are nowhere near sufficient to silence a German Mortar battery. We've been in Russia at an Olga training camp! :D

Got StuG?

(in reply to Belisarius)
Post #: 11
- 2/26/2003 5:23:48 AM   
VikingNo2

Recon elements are not reporting much, found some pioneer units and a Lt Support Tank put some HE rounds into them, found another German Jeep this time a .30 cal killed it.

Other than that not to much dropped arty on suspected AT gun sites, there is a hill on B-mans side of the map with clear fields of fire on all sides there has got to be something there, so I tosed some 155 on top of the Hill.

Back to you Sir Sneeky

(in reply to Belisarius)
Post #: 12
- 2/28/2003 1:20:34 AM   
Belisarius

Has anyone of you ever seen an [I]abandoned[/I] Kubelwagen before? Anyone? :cool:

You are SO lucky, Viking! I forgot that by some DUMB reason, all ranges are set to 1 (or ~10 for guns) by default. (Why Leo, why? :mad: ) If that hadn't been, those HT of yours had been dead long ago. Arrr.

Sent in a support tank to deal with the mechas (Viking likes to scout with mechas. :p). He didn't hit, ofcourse. :rolleyes: But now V-man has something else to think about, other than killing my FJs.

German mortar response time are almost as fast as US. :eek: I have either a d*mn good FO, or I've just plain forgot what they're like in '44. 0.2! Great! Thanks for digging up the potato fields for us, btw! It's time to re-sow. :D

Got StuG?

(in reply to Belisarius)
Post #: 13
First Tank Kill - 2/28/2003 5:11:49 AM   
VikingNo2

A M8 Scott takes out a Pz-IV with a HEAT round, drops some mortars on a large formation of Tanks one gets killed:D

Back to you B-man

(in reply to Belisarius)
Post #: 14
Re: First Tank Kill - 2/28/2003 4:36:03 PM   
Belisarius

[QUOTE]Originally posted by VikingNo2
[B]A M8 Scott takes out a Pz-IV with a HEAT round, drops some mortars on a large formation of Tanks one gets killed:D

Back to you B-man [/B][/QUOTE]

You guys realize that if that had been my M8 Scott, it'd be a burning hulk long ago with ravaging PzIVs all around. :rolleyes:

Same goes for the mortar.... V2 has some mad scouting skillz! :mad: :mad:

Turn to follow to-nite. At work right now.

Got StuG?

(in reply to Belisarius)
Post #: 15
- 3/1/2003 12:50:18 AM   
VikingNo2

Infiltrators, and snipers are a arty mans best friend, plus went through the Gary school of spotting. Scouting Armor/Cars I use in groups of to or three. One spots, then runs, No. 2 fire some and runs, No 3 ditto if needed. If I come up against armor and I beleive it alone. Like your PZ-IV on the hill the attack proceded as such . Infantry recon spotted a Pioneer Squad and a PZ-IV I know I had hit the Area with Arty the round before. The Infantry was in Reatreat or route stance so it was ignored for now. The Pz-IV was button, so I attacked form the side with the infantry squad to make sure and reduce its accuracy( Pz-IVs are very accurate, most under used tanks the Germans have IMHO ) the PZ-IV then returned fire and killed some of the squad ( I wanted to also find out how suppressed the German squads were if they started shooting the whole attack would have been call off), then I attaced from the other side with a Scout car ( The US scout car has a .50 cal and a .30 cal on it and can disable a Tank) I fired at the Pz-IV at a range of 1 (miss) the Pz-IV returned fire but with MGs only, I had a M8 Scott one move away I checked and it still has plenty of HEAT rounds ( early in the game ), moved foward one spot took my shot and Hit and Destroyed the Pz-IV with a Side/rear shot. Scotts are fast so I probably had two trys at it before I would have to run. From B-mans post I knew that arty was cause some damage in the wood so there has got to be more infatry close, So the whole CAT TEAM moved hoping to avoid arty( mine and his)

Also know your opponent, I know that B-man likes to use a tactic of a whole lot of troops backed by AT guns and some Armor ( THE NET) as a Contact Force( unuslly support Armor ) so if you find support armor you are bound to have troop approx 3-4 Hexs ahead of the Tanks and and some on its flanks, this force is use to move to contact . There will also be a large fast Armored tank force ( THE HAMMER )somewhere with acces to a road as soon as contact has been established the other force comes crush you. I try to counter this with light recon armor to harras the Screening/contact force and locate the Large armored force. If I can isolate the two forces, I try to pinn and kill as much of the Fast Heavy Armor as possible and then assault. B-man I maybe wrong on some of these ofcourse these are my takes on it. The hard part is keeping up with everyone tendecies. I have played soooo many. Did I every tell you about a game where I was play RB and Got him confused with Hades ( ouch that hurt ) Hades is not a bad player but there styles are vastly different. I never would insult anyone in this furom( unless your a cheesehead )

Nowthat you know my plan I have to throw it out for this game I will have to come up with a new one. As well as giving everyone tips on how I play :eek:

I will shut up now, I don't even like to type I don't know what got into me.

(in reply to Belisarius)
Post #: 16
- 3/1/2003 2:13:48 AM   
Belisarius

Thanks for the lesson, professor.

Infiltrators? Now admit you've got some of them fvckers in my back area. :mad: That mortar fire was a bit TOO close to be just a random probing... And just HOW do you spot a sniper from a distance of 250 YARDS?! with a CAR?! :eek: Some very sharp eyes on those guys. :rolleyes:

I'm a bit too static for my own comfort, but as I don't really know what V2 is up to yet, I have to stay put. I admit it was foolishness to send in the Panzer, but I really wanted to give those engineers some relief. Didn't count on having the 155s falling on me next instant. Agh.

Thinking of something new to do.... I still have to locate his main force.

Got StuG?

(in reply to Belisarius)
Post #: 17
- 3/1/2003 2:43:46 AM   
VikingNo2

Since I being so open today, a 37mm AT gun spotted the sniper, and the car was sent to kill it ( unsuccesful I might add )

My sniper spotted your Troops in the building below the hill, I have lots of turn stacking up in my mailbox, about ten I should be able to get to them all later this afternoon.

Kill you later :D :rolleyes:

(in reply to Belisarius)
Post #: 18
- 3/1/2003 5:31:14 AM   
VikingNo2

Not much I had to move a Arty park, and change my battle plan back to you B-man

(in reply to Belisarius)
Post #: 19
- 3/1/2003 7:25:08 AM   
Belisarius

[QUOTE]Originally posted by VikingNo2
[B]Not much I had to move a Arty park, and change my battle plan back to you B-man [/B][/QUOTE]

Ah, splendid! I take it your batteries didn't enjoy being on the recieving end of their own bitter medicine? Be still, 155mm pills are good for you! :D

Turn to follow tomorrow-

Got StuG?

(in reply to Belisarius)
Post #: 20
- 3/3/2003 11:45:50 PM   
VikingNo2

bump

(in reply to Belisarius)
Post #: 21
- 3/4/2003 1:21:13 AM   
Belisarius

Heavy shelling across the woods. :eek: We kill a US scout team (I think), otherwise it's mostly getting into position.

Methinks maybe das Viking has managed to sneak a sniper or so through our line. Mortar shelling is a bit too accurate to be "random". :rolleyes: ...'cuz you didn't bring in infiltrators, DID YOU?! :mad:

Now, if that would have been [I]my[/I] sniper, he'd be spotted 15 hexes away... :rolleyes:

Got StuG?

(in reply to Belisarius)
Post #: 22
- 3/4/2003 7:12:30 AM   
VikingNo2

Why yes I did buy some inflitrators, but not many so they are keeping quite for now. Except the one squad that killed two of you 81mm mortars last turn:rolleyes:

B-man is hard to spot this game, the only thing I can find is that large group of tanks in the middle, so I continue pounding them and creeping foward, going to have to lay some smoke soon too much open terriorty:eek:

(in reply to Belisarius)
Post #: 23
- 3/5/2003 12:26:08 AM   
Belisarius

Ohhh shuuuuuure send in the rangers and let the artillery do the rest!!!! CHEESY, VERY CHEESY :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
You don't see any Spec. Ops in your back yard, do you? I'll drop a battalion on you next time. :p

Lost two more PzIV to those buttholes as they positively absolutely CAN NOT be spotted from more than 1 hex distance! And they frickin NEVER miss! :mad: :mad:

3 panzers and 2 mortars for one dead squad! Good deal! :(

"#%¤"#¤%#"¤%& Rangers.... :mad:

Got StuG?

(in reply to Belisarius)
Post #: 24
- 3/5/2003 1:34:55 AM   
VikingNo2

You can expect to see about two platoons of infiltrators this game, they were supposed to be spotter not fighters.

The rest of the map a German jeep gets spotted and taken out by a .50 cal, I rush some halftracks foward ands care a recon team, killed half of it but its still alive, in the center a 20mm Flack eats some 105mm rounds from a Sherman and a halftrack finishes it off. Put some arty down in that area there seems to be a gathering of infantry there.

Up north things are quite I had a squad snooping around and found a Flame squad sitting in the open I told them to surrend but they just would not listen. The Germans have been constently shell this hill so there has go to be more Gemans close

Back to you B-man

(in reply to Belisarius)
Post #: 25
- 3/5/2003 1:36:33 AM   
VikingNo2

It's not my fault your Spec Ops are sissys, they probably fear THE MIGHT OF THE M4:rolleyes:

(in reply to Belisarius)
Post #: 26
Bel - 3/5/2003 2:03:25 AM   
Gary Tatro

JJ does like his infiltrators. He was the reason I put limit of no more the two platoons on all my games. :) One game we played was huge and he took about 3 companies of Spec Ops. That game was just no fun. I had about three companies of MC units running all over the board waiting to get shot or spot them then I would have to move Su-57's in for the kills. Talk about tirring. :D

"Are you going to do something or just stand there and bleed"

(in reply to Belisarius)
Post #: 27
- 3/5/2003 2:15:16 AM   
Belisarius

It's exactly the spotter function I have a problem with with U.S. rangers, not the fighting one. Now I can expect heavy arty just about anywhere I move. N I C E ! Ah well, I guess I'll smoke my entire backfield and when I find those green guys, I'll carve their guts out with a dull spoon, one by one. :mad: I have some guys here who has no clue about any Geneva Convention, you know....

Turn to follow later, I think I've got a flu coming so I'm kinda heavy-headed today.

Got StuG?

(in reply to Belisarius)
Post #: 28
- 3/5/2003 5:49:00 AM   
VikingNo2

Your 100 or so SU-57 I might add, with huge complements of +10
four man Recon teams that routienly kill Haevy tanks and are hidden from site;) :rolleyes: 40% of which are never lost because they never show up, and are very very cheap
:rolleyes:

I will gladly limit my purchase of infiltrators if anyone wishes

And as always switch side with the same set of rules

Almost forgot you where winning or won that game, which goes to show how effective that was I wasted huge amounts of cash on units that never showed up.

(in reply to Belisarius)
Post #: 29
- 3/6/2003 12:54:15 AM   
Belisarius

My own fault, I should have said that I don't like infiltrators. I think they're... well, it's too cheap a way to tie down large enemy forces. :rolleyes: Especially the Rangers, since they in effect are walking artillery, both direct fire and with ability to call in heavy fire fast. With a loss of just two squads, Viking has taken out 3 panzers, 2 mortars, 1 Flak 38 and lots of troops. Cheap I say.

Well, hopefully he won't see where he's going, so I might have some vindication... ;)

V2 is the master of invisible combat. Even Goblin has nothing on him. :p Just how the hell were you able to see through two hexes of smoke with that 105mm sherman?! :eek: And how do you manage to assault my troops unseen, despite that I have a MILLION troops looking in that direction? I can never do that! :(

We break out our (dull) spoons and kill the ranger squad that got our mortars. One by one.... :mad: Apparently, there's plenty more, as other areas of my back field are getting attention from heavy artillery. :rolleyes: Note to self: issue more spoons.

NO enemy units are seen. Not ONE. I'm slowly adapting to having enemies everywhere tho', at least his arty is missing my tanks now.

Rangers.....

Got StuG?

(in reply to Belisarius)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> Belisarius vs. Viking no2 Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI