Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Mini Me - Battle!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mini Me - Battle!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mini Me - Battle!! - 4/25/2001 5:29:00 PM   
Figmo

To use a phrase from "Austin Powers"!! I would like to get feedback to see if anybody would like some "Mini Me" battles. What that would be is: A larger battle reduced to fit into one scenario. For example, I've been wanting to do a scenario that would represent the entire "Market Garden" battle. You would have a the carpet of airborne across numerous rivers and XXX corps to push up and get the last bridge. Also, maybe represent a pincers movement - you would have two forces that would have to penetrate the enemy force then meet behind the lines to cut them off. This would be out of scope of the game because these battles usually took days - but it could be interesting!! :D What do you guys think? Figmo

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, f
Post #: 1
- 4/25/2001 5:46:00 PM   
nimu

Figmo,I've been trying to make the Market garden operation for days.I really think that's not possible to recreate the entire battle in one scen.First of all the map shoul be too large to be well played.You'll need to be historically right too many formations(not only 100).You know i'm tryin' to divide the Marketgarden op. in 4 or 5 different battles,but only concerning the 1st brit airb div:first the arrival at the west side of Oosterbeck and getting the zones for the next days arrivals.Second the gaining of north Arnhem bridge and the 4 days battle for it by col Frost and Mckenzie.Third:the battle around Oosterbeck in 22-23 with the Harrock and Sosabowsky's tries of crossing the Rhine and then the final Rhine crossing by the survivors of the Gen Urquhart div. I think that's all is possible to do.I'd like to tie togheder theese battles in a campaign but i'm not very used to that,so for the moment i prefer stll work on them. Regards

"out of ammo........God save the King"

(in reply to Figmo)
Post #: 2
- 4/25/2001 11:05:00 PM   
Figmo

Urquhart, You are correct - it would have to be abstracted quite a bit. Heck - I'm not even sure it can be done yet - but if there is interest I'd give it a try. There are a few large battles that we have to go to different games to play because of the size of the battle - but to use SPWaW and try and reach the lonely paratroopers - going up one road being held by paratroopers while it's being attached would give somebody the feel for the whole battle and the desperateness of it. Do you hurry to releave them or take your time and clear the road, what if bridges get blown because you take too much time - there are a lot of possibilies. It's just a thought at this point!! :D Figmo

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, f

(in reply to Figmo)
Post #: 3
- 4/25/2001 11:13:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

Interesting - miniture players do that sort of thing all the time, use a platoon to represent a company or even battalion... DIstance would be the hard thing to scale, you though with imaginative use of hills as LOS breaks and cliffs it might be possible

(in reply to Figmo)
Post #: 4
- 4/25/2001 11:24:00 PM   
Fabio Prado

Figmo, I think the idea definetely deserves a try. ;) If you can make the player to get the "feel" of that particular battle, it will be a quite interesting new approach to SPWAW scenarios. Fab

(in reply to Figmo)
Post #: 5
- 4/25/2001 11:39:00 PM   
nimu

That's what i'm trying to do.Under a wise friendly suggestion i deployed on a very large map of Arnhem(which is not finished yet!) something like 3 companies of paratroops, 1 eng co.,6 ounder AT guns,3 inch mortars to simulate the Frost's battallion at Arnehm's bridge.I think it's possible to create all the stages of the Market-garden operation,but the point is that is very difficult to tie them togheder!I still find problems in recreate the fact that every day of the 7 days battle the german forces got supports while the british after the 18th didn't get anything.I hope i'll manage. Regards

(in reply to Figmo)
Post #: 6
- 4/26/2001 9:17:00 AM   
M4 Jess Housley

I have designed the same battle and it is posted on the scenario page.. if you like I will e-mail anyone a copy.. M4

I remember the Tigers...poor lost kittys....Here Kitty..kitty

(in reply to Figmo)
Post #: 7
- 4/26/2001 3:07:00 PM   
nimu

M4,i'd love to have a copy of Arnhem battle! I'll take a look on the scen page.I'd like to make a confrontation with my still incomplete one! Thanks

(in reply to Figmo)
Post #: 8
- 4/27/2001 1:42:00 AM   
Fabs

I can see how this may attract some people. Myself, I would not go for it, as there are other game systems that are more suited to represent battles at that scale. SPWAW is mainly a battalion size tactical game, and that's how it works best for me. Good luck, anyway.

Fabs

(in reply to Figmo)
Post #: 9
- 4/27/2001 9:01:00 AM   
Figmo

Cool - it sounds like there is some interest - I'll give it a try and we'll see what happens!! :D Figmo

(in reply to Figmo)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mini Me - Battle!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI