Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

WC2003 Round 2 Ironfist vs Willy

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> WC2003 Round 2 Ironfist vs Willy Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WC2003 Round 2 Ironfist vs Willy - 3/12/2003 1:09:54 PM   
Ironfist

Ironfist vs Willy or Finland vs Britain 12/42. 6400 Pts. Waw7.1
more info to follow.....

Waffen Soldat Hesselbrock
11th SS Freiwilligen Nordland Div.
23rd SS PzrGdr. Reg. Norge.
7th Kompanie 1st Zug.
Second Front !! - 3/13/2003 11:35:44 AM   
stevemk1a

Stymied by American resistance to an attack on Europe's "soft underbelly", and fortified by a few scoops of single malt scotch, Churchill announces to a stunned British General Staff that the new second front will be Finland!! We will relieve the siege of Lenningrad or die trying! :D :) (hic ... ) "We will invade in December - they will never expect us !!"

(in reply to Ironfist)
Post #: 2
WC2003 Round Two 12/42 - 3/13/2003 1:42:36 PM   
Ironfist

Herr Oberst, There is a British convoy landing to the south and heading inland. :eek: Are you sure ? Maybe they are going to assault Germany from the north?:rolleyes: Better call Berlin and notify them. Send our veteran Nordland Div. to cut them off. Our remaining captured Russian Tanks will support you. One last thing, See if you can turn those coastal guns around. Ja vohol Herr Oberst!!!
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
To learn more about the 11th SS Nordland Div go to
http://www.geocities.com/frontkjemper/
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

7th Kompanie 1st Zug.

(in reply to Ironfist)
Post #: 3
- 3/14/2003 12:21:13 PM   
stevemk1a

Col. willy shields his eyes from the glare of the northern sun low on the horizon: "it's so cold here..." he mumbles to himself. Like many of his men he was more used to the heat of North Africa - "Them buggers ain't wastin' time" remarks his grizzled Sgt. abruptly as he gestures at the fading smoke plumes of the Royal Navy warships retreating beyond the reach of air attack. "It would seem Sargeant, that we are on our own here" replies willy, "hurry the men, we have only a few hours of daylight before night falls again"

(in reply to Ironfist)
Post #: 4
WC2003 Round 2 Turn2 - 3/16/2003 1:23:46 AM   
Ironfist

Whats the news from the front Sgt.? The british are moving forward with halftracks and Infantry. Stuart tanks and small recon vehicles supporting. Several Sherman tanks seen lurking in the forest. Skitroops assaulted their forward troops, 120mm fire missions are right on target. Our T-50's have killed several light recon units. Heavey Artillery counter fire on center Hill. Sgt. Stieners Armored Recon stands ready.

7th Kompanie 1st Zug.

(in reply to Ironfist)
Post #: 5
A stranger in a strange land ... - 3/18/2003 3:40:09 AM   
stevemk1a

Private Atkins clutches his rifle tightly as he trudges through the eerie forest of snowy pines. He's been on edge since his battalion landed at a little Finnish coastal town last night. Crickey, he can't even prounounce the name of the place! He jumps in alarm as a sudden movement catches his attention ... only a fox! he slumps in relief...
A scout up ahead yells in alarm, and a chill passes through Atkins as he sees ghostly white figures moving through the forest and the dry crackle of small arms fire begins to echo in the forests along with yells in a strange foreign language. Atkins takes cover behind a fallen tree and raises his Lee Enfield to his shoulder ...

British forces lose some infantry and several Halftracks and AC's, while killing a couple of T-50's ... KV-1's and T-34's are spotted and we bounce some 75mm and 6pdr. shells off the KV's (throw in some T28E's and the feeling of deja-vu from my last game would be complete!!
:eek: )

(in reply to Ironfist)
Post #: 6
WC2003 Round 2 Turn 3 - 3/21/2003 4:13:14 PM   
Ironfist

Report: We lost several T-50's due to no infantry support. Counter battery fire on center hill still dropping in. Artillery bombardment has begun. The snow and cold should start slowing them down. All our men stand ready. First wave ready to assault. Looks like we may out number them. They opted for mech. transport. No major fire fights.

7th Kompanie 1st Zug.

(in reply to Ironfist)
Post #: 7
Recon by death! - 3/22/2003 3:04:23 AM   
stevemk1a

The crew of the 6pdr AT gun peer into their sights as the little T50 recon machine slowly probes forwards into the open field ... then the boom of a hit and the crew of the vehicle jumps out! An officer motions to a nearby Armoured car "You there, old chap!, nip out and see if you can find the Finn positions" the commander of the Daimler blanches a little, then gives the thumbs up and the little car rockets forwards into the snow ... Boom! the car comes to an abrupt stop and the dazed crew climbs out, and staggers back to the treeline. The officer turns to the men around him: "Anyone see the gunflash, boys?"

-Not much action yet ... I'm expecting the rush of sachel charge, and molotov cocktail armed vikings any time now ... I'm a bit worried about stopping those KV's too :eek:

(in reply to Ironfist)
Post #: 8
WC2003 Round 2 Turn 4 - 3/22/2003 4:15:19 PM   
Ironfist

Not much action this turn. Alot of recon. Heavey armor seen moving north. Tank platoon hidding in the woods to the south.

7th Kompanie 1st Zug.

(in reply to Ironfist)
Post #: 9
How not to hide ... - 3/23/2003 3:16:21 AM   
stevemk1a

"Almost there now ... " Artie mentions encouragingly to his assistant gunner as they lug the Lewis gun and ammo boxes to the crest of a bare hill ".... 'ere, lookit that!" Artie says as he ducks down ... "A whopping big tank, and two gun emplacements !! quick let's find cover" "Er ... Artie, I think they've seen us" replies the assistant gunner in a croak as the turret of the KV-1 slowly rotates in their direction ...

More skirmishing, and my poor Lewis gun team cowers under tank fire, 40mm AA gun fire, and 120mm mortar shells :(

(in reply to Ironfist)
Post #: 10
Game delay - 3/25/2003 5:43:01 PM   
Ironfist

I have not recieved your last turn. Do not worry. As you know I have been having trouble with my emails. Well Sunday my PC crashed:mad: So I have re-upped and started down loading spwaw this morning at 5:00 Am. I think I should be ready by Friday if all goes well. Since I have my handy dandy getright program things will be much easyier. My emails are back up and running agian so contact is not a problem.

7th Kompanie 1st Zug.

(in reply to Ironfist)
Post #: 11
- 3/26/2003 11:03:48 AM   
stevemk1a

Hi! I've resent ... let me know if you don't get it ! Good luck with your 'puter ...

(in reply to Ironfist)
Post #: 12
Re: game Delay - 3/26/2003 2:49:12 PM   
Ironfist

Right now I'm at 50% done. It wont be long. I'll look for that attachment.

7th Kompanie 1st Zug.

(in reply to Ironfist)
Post #: 13
WC 2003 Round Two Turn 5 - 3/29/2003 2:43:08 AM   
Ironfist

Game files have been sent. I am up and running.
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Enemy artillery having no effect on us sir. Troops are still able to rally and attack. Fierce armor battle at northern cross roads. Skitroops supporting. Churchhills and shermans advancing. British Infantry spotted near road. Also spotted near town in center sector. Southern enemy force has disappeared into the forest. reinforcements should be on their way. No counter battery fire yet. Enemy artillery positions unknown ?
Sgt Stieners' Recon assault has drivin the British back from the main road. 120 mm Mortors supporting. We have them zeroed in....:D

7th Kompanie 1st Zug.

(in reply to Ironfist)
Post #: 14
- 3/29/2003 9:03:51 AM   
stevemk1a

Tommys manage to kill two T34's in the centre, but we lose two tanks up north and achieve no result ... we force back some Finn ski troops here and there, and are finding them to be a tough foe ... all seems to be quiet in the south, the centre is a little more busy, and a big push by the enemy is underway in the north supported by those monster KV's.

(in reply to Ironfist)
Post #: 15
- 3/31/2003 8:24:43 AM   
stevemk1a

Hi, It's my turn to experience tech difficulties ... I'll let you know when I get things fixed (hopefully soon :( )

(in reply to Ironfist)
Post #: 16
All fixed ! - back to the game - 4/1/2003 5:14:58 AM   
stevemk1a

Lt. Brown frowns and dips the teabag back in to his metal cup - "It's been awfully quiet at this end of the front" he remarks to his 40mm AA gun crew: "I wonder what the enemy is up to?" Suddenly a grenade flies through the air and Suomi machine pistols open up on the hapless men, as a Sissi squad in white cammo pops up from the snow ... Lt. Brown drops his tea and heroically directs his crew in a close in fight with the infiltrators, and after fire is placed on his own positions by a nearby tank, the situation is stabilized!

Finns are pushing us back in the north/centre and heavy tanks are moving forwards in the far north. We are moving forwards in the south/centre and the far south is quiet ... (so far)

(in reply to Ironfist)
Post #: 17
WC2003 Round Two Turn 6,7, and 8. - 4/2/2003 3:14:55 PM   
Ironfist

Meine Herr, All Units are engaged as planned. A major armor battle has been going on for the last three Hours. Artillery is on target but running low on supplies. No way to tell who has the advantage right now. It seems to be all close assaults with counter attacks supported with multipal arty batterys. We really wont know until the smoke clears. No counter battery fire yet.
Things are strangely silent in the south below the main Mountain range. One T-34 took fire scouting for our lost "Sissi" long range Patrol.The Enemy has fortified positions along the front ridge of the secondary hill line.
No clear objective seen from the British. They seem to be chasing us around the Woods :rolleyes: But I guess they known where they're going ?
Reinforcements should be arriving soon. So far our forces have not met anything to tough to over come. Most our losses are when they counter attack. But Our Artillery is having an effect on them. Moral is High and the Men are pushing on!!!!

7th Kompanie 1st Zug.

(in reply to Ironfist)
Post #: 18
Objective? ... Bah! - 4/3/2003 10:47:10 AM   
stevemk1a

We follow an age old British tactic:

"The Grand Old Duke of York,
He had ten thousand men,
He marched them up to the top of the hill
And he marched them down again"

:D :D

Finn forces are keeping a low profile this turn, they must be massing for something ... elsewhere a Sissi squad is found and given "what for".

(in reply to Ironfist)
Post #: 19
WC2003 Round Two Turn 9 - 4/3/2003 2:48:41 PM   
Ironfist

Achtung!!! Enemy forces mobilizing in the south. "Hansel?? "Yes, Gretel." Where's the bread crumbs?":p The nothern Armor battle rages on. 120mm Team has run out of ammo. But their target is almost destroyed. Otherwise our counter attack might not have been so effective. Heavey artillery fire still falling on the center hill.
I think Monty owns the southern hilltop to the east. They are pushing to southwestern Mountain range. Amount and type of Force unkown? Small armor skirmish north of main battle. Wounded falling back.
I think we may be unable to capture southern crossroads. Too many infantry units dug in. According to the last report from our long range patrol. Exspect Second front to open soon.......
Where's Capt. Stransky Men ?

7th Kompanie 1st Zug.

(in reply to Ironfist)
Post #: 20
- 4/4/2003 10:37:17 AM   
stevemk1a

Cpl Jenkins rubs his eyes and peers intently in to the smoke filled forest looking for the source of the squealing metal sound and the low engine rumble - "that there's no Bedford twin six, chum ... " remarks the older man beside him: "I worked on the London busses, and that there's not a Churchill tank motor, it's a diesel motor an' a big 'un too!" "Quiet! replies Jenkins, go see if Sarge has any more grenades ... we're gonna need them ..."

Still fairly quiet, but we're being pushed steadily back up north ... :(

(in reply to Ironfist)
Post #: 21
WC2003 Round Two Turn 10 - 4/4/2003 2:21:53 PM   
Ironfist

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Herr Oberst, The British advance in the North has stopped. We pushed back the remaining scouts. Sherman tanks still lurking in the woods. No fighting through the central section. Armored halftracks and tanks moving in the southern mountain range. Heavey pre bombardment falling there as well. A Platoon of armor trying to flank us in the north better call Sgt. Steiner up! Where's those **** reinforcements ??? and has anyone found Capt Stransky yet ? We're exspecting a major push in his sector. Das ist allest......

7th Kompanie 1st Zug.

(in reply to Ironfist)
Post #: 22
- 4/5/2003 10:43:21 AM   
stevemk1a

"Situation report Sah!!" the adjutant declares as he snaps to attention in Col. willy's command bunker. The Col. puts down his Gin and tonic and butts out his cigarette: "Oh, do continue, old chap..." he declares with a casual wave "Well, the enemy is probing in the north with several Lahti AT gun teams backed by KV heavy tanks, and the main push seems to be developing from the northern Finn held objectives towards the middle objective area ... we feel there may be a danger of a supporting push from behind the central hills ... southern sector is quiet." "Very well Leftenant ... " replies willy " all very very tiresome, what?, join me for a few drinks and we'll discuss my new cunning plan..." :D

(in reply to Ironfist)
Post #: 23
WC2003 Round Two Turn 11 - 4/5/2003 2:44:36 PM   
Ironfist

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Kompfgruppe Celtic Frost ,
As the smoke clears the British seem to have fallen back and regrouped. No enemy columns sighted. Heavey artillery bombardment in central map. I think they may be Re-grouping for a major push. As it stands neither side has a clear advantage. Looks like the British will have to pay if they want to gain any more ground. We found Capt. Stransky. He had taken shelter in an abandoned T-50. His Company thought He was KIA. Any reports from our long range patrols ? "Ja vohl mein Herr, All's quite on the Front. Small skirmish here and there but no Mass enemy force spotted." I think our assault surprised those buggers. Well maybe they'll think twice before invading our homeland agian. "Why are they here mein Herr? ","Not sure Hauptmann ? One of the prisoners said something about reindeer and some guy named Nick?" Strange... I hope they brought plenty of warm clothes. It may start snowing at any time.

7th Kompanie 1st Zug.

(in reply to Ironfist)
Post #: 24
Fresh troops ! - 4/7/2003 2:00:38 AM   
stevemk1a

"Message for you, sir - it's Monty!" the radioman hands Col willy the handset. "willy here .... " "We are vewy vewy disturbed by the lack of progress in your sector Colonel". Willy shoots back the rest of his Gin and tonic and replies: "we have encountered strong resistance from a unit equipped with Soviet heavy armour and - "NO EXCUSES!! we are sending you reinforcements and I expect to see some results ... out"

(in reply to Ironfist)
Post #: 25
WC2003 Round Two Turn 12 - 4/7/2003 10:33:20 AM   
Ironfist

Northern Sector;
+ + + + + + + + + + + +
Herr Oberst, Sgt. Jarvi's 7.6 AT-Rifle team spotted a sherman tank and have called in artillery support. KV-1 Has moved to the high ground east of crossroads. Long range "Sissi" patrol Sgt. Hietanen has sighted the enemys secondary line.
No action in the center except for some heavey shelling. Ammo and food have arrived. Capt. Stransky has rallied his men in the southern mountain range. They have killed two In.f recon units and have a infantry squad retreating. Looks like Recon in Force.....
Das ist allest.

7th Kompanie 1st Zug.

(in reply to Ironfist)
Post #: 26
WC2003 Round Two Turn 13 - 4/8/2003 11:44:41 PM   
Ironfist

Achtung ALL Kompfgruppes, Enemy troops are to be engaged and driven back. Long range patrols have sighted "Aux" armor moving to the center. Our Artillery Fire is having a direct effect. Several vehicles seen exsploding. British armor massed in the North. Five shermans spotted. Sgt. Jarvi killed a Daimler MKIAC with his AT-Rifle. No Action in the Central Area. Infantry may try to filter through.
In Southern Mountain range. Sgt. Lehto kills two men then the Rifle squad retreats. Sgt. Kapanen killed a Scout team and forced back a Rifle squad. Capt. Nisonen Kills one man and causes them to withdraw. Additional support came from Sgt Kekkonen with their twin 7.62mm Ltkk31 firing on a British AT-gun and disabled FO unit. Suspect the British may be running out of Foot Soldiers. Agian, ALL Kompfgruppes Forward!!!

7th Kompanie 1st Zug.

(in reply to Ironfist)
Post #: 27
- 4/9/2003 12:34:20 PM   
stevemk1a

At the top of a rocky hilltop towards the rear of the British positions, a young Subaltern trudges through the snow towards a Lewis gun emplacement: "All quiet back here boys, looks like you have a good view of the battle too ... what's happening?" "'Allo, sir we've been watching our boys take pot shots at Finn heavies in that field up north from that there treeline for quite a while now ... lots of firin' and arty come down on that road runnin' across our front - hard fightin' there" the gunner gestures to his left with a thick finger at a barely visible road pitted with craters and shrouded in smoke "further on south you can see our boys at the crossroads an' in the forest to the north of it ... the baddies are in those hills an' beyond .. in fact we saw a T34 large as life come over that hill with men hangin' off it like flies not five minutes ago ... shootin' at our lads!"

Aux spotted ... attack is brewing ;)

(in reply to Ironfist)
Post #: 28
WC2003 Round Two Turn 14 - 4/9/2003 1:47:38 PM   
Ironfist

Kompfgruppe Celtic Frost Attacking Herr Oberst, Gut Das ist allest.............

7th Kompanie 1st Zug.

(in reply to Ironfist)
Post #: 29
- 4/10/2003 10:44:36 AM   
stevemk1a

Finns are attacking, in the north KV's run into a bunch of reinforcing Churchills and in the south, infantry and T34's are also spotted ... arty is ranged in and my forces press in to look for gaps ... the fighting starts to heat up now!

(in reply to Ironfist)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> WC2003 Round 2 Ironfist vs Willy Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI