Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Interesting DC Behavior

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Interesting DC Behavior Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Interesting DC Behavior - 3/3/2016 5:49:39 AM   
Gerry4321

American unit placed a DC but then I broke the unit so it did not go off. But it was then returned to the American unit so I guess they could try again next turn.

Maybe in ASL it was eliminated at this point but I cannot remember for sure.
Post #: 1
RE: Interesting DC Behavior - 3/3/2016 9:56:59 AM   
MikeMarchant_ssl

This has happened to me too, and at first I thought it odd that a broken unit could crawl back out into the street, under fire, to recover their demolition charge, but then realised that wasn't what was happening. I suspect the unit was broken as they were making the attempt to place the DC and never succeeded, so although the game made it look as though the DC was placed this was simply recording the attempt to place it, the DC never in fact got placed and so remained with the unit.

I did find it a little odd that in the new scenario (The Tractor Works), as the Germans, I placed (I think) 3 DCs which did manage to detonate successfully, but no damage was done to the Russian units in the hexes they were placed (a stone building in all cases). I didn't know whether this was something wrong with the game or simply bad luck.

Best Wishes

Mike

(in reply to Gerry4321)
Post #: 2
RE: Interesting DC Behavior - 3/3/2016 11:51:14 AM   
Peter Fisla

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gerry

American unit placed a DC but then I broke the unit so it did not go off. But it was then returned to the American unit so I guess they could try again next turn.

That is the correct behaviour

(in reply to Gerry4321)
Post #: 3
RE: Interesting DC Behavior - 3/3/2016 11:51:35 AM   
Peter Fisla

quote:

ORIGINAL: MikeMarchant_ssl

This has happened to me too, and at first I thought it odd that a broken unit could crawl back out into the street, under fire, to recover their demolition charge, but then realised that wasn't what was happening. I suspect the unit was broken as they were making the attempt to place the DC and never succeeded, so although the game made it look as though the DC was placed this was simply recording the attempt to place it, the DC never in fact got placed and so remained with the unit.

I did find it a little odd that in the new scenario (The Tractor Works), as the Germans, I placed (I think) 3 DCs which did manage to detonate successfully, but no damage was done to the Russian units in the hexes they were placed (a stone building in all cases). I didn't know whether this was something wrong with the game or simply bad luck.

Best Wishes

Mike

Just a bad luck

(in reply to MikeMarchant_ssl)
Post #: 4
RE: Interesting DC Behavior - 3/3/2016 2:11:03 PM   
blackcloud6

quote:

That is just how it works in ASL.

(in reply to Peter Fisla)
Post #: 5
RE: Interesting DC Behavior - 3/4/2016 2:06:52 AM   
Bulldog1

Mike,

If it was my Tractor Works scenario. The Factory was Fortified. That might help explain it.
I do not know how much more defense we get for a fortification VS stone building. Maybe Peter can share that info.
Ed

(in reply to blackcloud6)
Post #: 6
RE: Interesting DC Behavior - 3/4/2016 10:11:11 AM   
MikeMarchant_ssl

Ah, thanks Bulldog, that explains it then.

Fantastic scenario, by the way. I have been working my way through the scenarios which came with the game, and I was intending to leave the user created ones until I had finishes all the 'official' ones, but when I saw 'Guards Counter Attack' and 'The Tractor Works' I couldn't resist and had to play them straight away. What a wonderful nostalgia trip, going back to the days of Squad Leader. I can't thank you enough.

Best Wishes

Mike

(in reply to Bulldog1)
Post #: 7
RE: Interesting DC Behavior - 3/4/2016 1:49:24 PM   
Bulldog1

Your Welcome. It was a fun bringing them back to life for a computer game based on ASL. Something I thought would never see in my lifetime.

(in reply to MikeMarchant_ssl)
Post #: 8
RE: Interesting DC Behavior - 3/4/2016 3:21:36 PM   
Peter Fisla

As in ASL, attacking/conquering fortified building location is a tough nut to crack. A DC alone might not be enought to do the trick. If the defender is in good order, the attacking units cannot advanced into this hex.

< Message edited by Peter Fisla -- 3/4/2016 3:22:25 PM >

(in reply to Bulldog1)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Interesting DC Behavior Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI