Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to setup Covered Arc for vehicles in the Editor

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> How to setup Covered Arc for vehicles in the Editor Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to setup Covered Arc for vehicles in the Editor - 3/19/2016 10:38:27 PM   
Peter Fisla

I just finished watching idjecter's "Tigers on the Hunt Agony of Doom Scenario Part1" uoutube video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwuUe3ceugc

and I noticed that the scenario designer didn't place the covered arc feature into the Russian setup zone hexes.

So in order to make sure that a vehicles faces in desired direction in the game when the user places a vehicle into a setup zone, the scenario designer has to first place a setup zone on the map and then place the "covered arc" symbol/feature into that hex. Once the scenario designer left clicks on the desired setup zone hex, a dialog pops up asking the user to pick the correct direction. The user then clicks on the desired arrow and then that arrow is placed in the setup zone hex.

The "covered arc" feature is in the OBJECTS dropdown in the editor.

Granted it is not that easy to actually see the covered arc arrow in the hex, so I'm going to correct this in the game update (end of march) so that the "covered arc" arrow is very visible to the scenario designer and to the player.

I hope this helps, cheers!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Peter Fisla -- 3/19/2016 10:40:19 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: How to setup Covered Arc for vehicles in the Editor - 3/19/2016 11:01:09 PM   
idjester

Thanks... I should mention this next time I see it. As a side note I just realized this was in the game when I started my new play though of Where Iron Crosses Grow by Rico21. I noticed this on the map and didn't realize what it was until I check it out.

Also as a side note... you can adjust your vehicle facing when you place them down manually on the map if you want too. It great to have in your scenarios but if you didn't add them it will still allow the player to adjust them accordingly.

(in reply to Peter Fisla)
Post #: 2
RE: How to setup Covered Arc for vehicles in the Editor - 3/19/2016 11:47:41 PM   
DoubleDeuce

quote:

ORIGINAL: idjester
Also as a side note... you can adjust your vehicle facing when you place them down manually on the map if you want too. It great to have in your scenarios but if you didn't add them it will still allow the player to adjust them accordingly.

Where they really come in handy is setting them so that the AI side starts them off in the right direction when it deploys them. Otherwise, iirc, they deploy in the default (pointing to the upper right) direction. Then the AI has to waste points turning them before it can move them in the right direction.

(in reply to idjester)
Post #: 3
RE: How to setup Covered Arc for vehicles in the Editor - 3/20/2016 9:28:36 AM   
Paullus

Just a side note on scenario designing and AFV.
If you want the AFVs to have less movement possibility when entering the map, point them the wrong way. They will then use movement possibility to correct the facing and less to move on to the map. Could also be useful when scenario designing.

For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus

(in reply to DoubleDeuce)
Post #: 4
RE: How to setup Covered Arc for vehicles in the Editor - 3/20/2016 4:19:23 PM   
idjester

quote:

ORIGINAL: Paullus

Just a side note on scenario designing and AFV.
If you want the AFVs to have less movement possibility when entering the map, point them the wrong way. They will then use movement possibility to correct the facing and less to move on to the map. Could also be useful when scenario designing.

Good idea Paullus... Neat trick to use. thanks

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 5
RE: How to setup Covered Arc for vehicles in the Editor - 3/20/2016 6:34:05 PM   
baloo7777

quote:

Playing Agony of Doom scenario I tried changing facing of the T-34s as I placed them, but was not able to? Can you explain how to?

JRR

(in reply to idjester)
Post #: 6
RE: How to setup Covered Arc for vehicles in the Editor - 3/20/2016 7:14:54 PM   
idjester

quote:

ORIGINAL: baloo7777

quote:

Playing Agony of Doom scenario I tried changing facing of the T-34s as I placed them, but was not able to? Can you explain how to?

Watch my video and you will see exactly how to do it..

About 16 minutes in I place vehicles..

Place unit in hex, click on unit in bottom left corner, than change CA on the right side..

Hope that helps.

< Message edited by idjester -- 3/20/2016 7:16:34 PM >

(in reply to baloo7777)
Post #: 7
RE: How to setup Covered Arc for vehicles in the Editor - 3/20/2016 9:51:52 PM   
Doraniner

I presume we have to do this for gun deployment too ?

(in reply to idjester)
Post #: 8
RE: How to setup Covered Arc for vehicles in the Editor - 3/20/2016 11:27:58 PM   
Peter Fisla

quote:

ORIGINAL: Doraniner

I presume we have to do this for gun deployment too ?

Yes, if you want the ordnance to face in the direction you desire

(in reply to Doraniner)
Post #: 9
RE: How to setup Covered Arc for vehicles in the Editor - 3/23/2016 5:39:25 AM   
genesismwt

Thanks for the advice. I will update my submissions to incorporate this.

The game is afoot!

Mike

(in reply to Peter Fisla)
Post #: 10
RE: How to setup Covered Arc for vehicles in the Editor - 3/23/2016 10:06:34 PM   
baloo7777

quote:

quote:

quote:

Place unit in hex, click on unit in bottom left corner, than change CA on the right side..

Hope that helps.

Thanks idjester. The youtube video helped a bunch.

JRR

(in reply to idjester)
Post #: 11
RE: How to setup Covered Arc for vehicles in the Editor - 3/24/2016 4:42:21 PM   
idjester

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Your welcome, glad I could help

Hope that helps.

Your welcome, glad I could help...

< Message edited by idjester -- 3/24/2016 4:43:32 PM >

(in reply to baloo7777)
Post #: 12
RE: How to setup Covered Arc for vehicles in the Editor - 3/24/2016 4:53:43 PM   
Lannes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hope that helps.

Yes even with my bad English I understood everything.

very informative

Christophe

(in reply to baloo7777)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> How to setup Covered Arc for vehicles in the Editor Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI