Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

So now we know what Frank's been up to...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918 >> So now we know what Frank's been up to... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
So now we know what Frank's been up to... - 4/26/2012 12:55:21 AM   
Hanal

He's working on a WWII West Front title.....looks promising, but what about a GoA update?....

http://www.strategycore.co.uk/news/we-spot-a-landing/
Post #: 1
RE: So now we know what Frank's been up to... - 4/27/2012 6:25:09 AM   
SMK-at-work

I think he'd said before he was working on a WW2 game already - interesting that the write-up says the scenarios are all in the west...but the little bit of the map in the screenshot says Latvia & Gulf of Riga...

(in reply to Hanal)
Post #: 2
RE: So now we know what Frank's been up to... - 4/28/2012 11:24:01 AM   
mitra76

Is not a screenshot of World in flames?

< Message edited by mitra76 -- 4/28/2012 3:31:50 PM >

(in reply to SMK-at-work)
Post #: 3
RE: So now we know what Frank's been up to... - 4/29/2012 4:21:46 AM   
SMK-at-work

Dunno - don't have that

(in reply to mitra76)
Post #: 4
RE: So now we know what Frank's been up to... - 6/29/2012 3:49:09 AM   
Ralph1961

Any more news on Piercing Fortress Europa? I am interested in this game,it seems that Frank has a flair for games that are easy to play but tough to master.

Post #: 5
RE: So now we know what Frank's been up to... - 10/3/2012 11:13:30 PM   
wodin

Hmmm..I notice he was working on a second Napoleonic game..which never happened and he disappeared from that forum.

He was also working on a new Civil War game I think..again nothing came of it...

He announced here he was thinking of doing another patch and more development with this game, again he then disappeared.

Now a West front game???

I wish he'd finish things to be honest. I'd love to have seen the next Napoleonic game for instance. Also for this game to be developed more, or maybe a new Ww1 game.

Finally why are the screenshots from the World in Flames game...?

< Message edited by wodin -- 10/3/2012 11:17:24 PM >

(in reply to Ralph1961)
Post #: 6
RE: So now we know what Frank's been up to... - 10/18/2012 10:18:32 AM   
SMK-at-work

I emailed Frank yesterday to ask him if he's working on anything at the moment & got this reply -

quote:

I spent time trying to familiarize myself with the GoA code [last time I chatted with him he'd removed the environment he used to write GOA from his machine so couldn't do anything at all with it - so this is definitely good news :)] and I'd like to replace the interface as well as add some things. However, the main reason I wanted to update it, as I mentioned in the forum, was to use the Slitherine PBEM system. But having looked at that and the need for me to do HTML programming which I've never done is a little daunting. I don't want to introduce code that would be my first time with the system and probably have bugs.

The WW2 game (covering the Italian campaign 1943-45) has the interface I'd like to put into GoA and its been handed in and I'm just waiting for playtesting to start. If people prefer that interface over the GoA one then I will use it for GoA, if not, I won't.

The Napoleonic game, called Campaigns on the Elbe (1806 and both 1813), is also done and awaiting playtesting but that won't start until the WW2 game wraps up. Matrix/Slitherine feels its best to do one after the other.

While waiting for the above games to be playtested I've also been working on two solitaire games. I'll have more info on those once these other games are finally out of the queue.

So all good news...but probably not quickly!! :)

< Message edited by SMK-at-work -- 10/18/2012 10:20:35 AM >

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 7
RE: So now we know what Frank's been up to... - 10/19/2012 12:32:21 PM   
wodin

Sounds good..thanks for chasing him up.

Post #: 8
RE: So now we know what Frank's been up to... - 10/23/2012 3:42:39 AM   
Hanal

Always on the lookout for solitaire boardgames so I'll be interested in those....

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 9
RE: So now we know what Frank's been up to... - 8/16/2016 10:37:34 AM   
Recognition

quote:

ORIGINAL: SMK-at-work

I emailed Frank yesterday to ask him if he's working on anything at the moment & got this reply -

quote:

I spent time trying to familiarize myself with the GoA code [last time I chatted with him he'd removed the environment he used to write GOA from his machine so couldn't do anything at all with it - so this is definitely good news :)] and I'd like to replace the interface as well as add some things. However, the main reason I wanted to update it, as I mentioned in the forum, was to use the Slitherine PBEM system. But having looked at that and the need for me to do HTML programming which I've never done is a little daunting. I don't want to introduce code that would be my first time with the system and probably have bugs.

The WW2 game (covering the Italian campaign 1943-45) has the interface I'd like to put into GoA and its been handed in and I'm just waiting for playtesting to start. If people prefer that interface over the GoA one then I will use it for GoA, if not, I won't.

The Napoleonic game, called Campaigns on the Elbe (1806 and both 1813), is also done and awaiting playtesting but that won't start until the WW2 game wraps up. Matrix/Slitherine feels its best to do one after the other.

While waiting for the above games to be playtested I've also been working on two solitaire games. I'll have more info on those once these other games are finally out of the queue.

So all good news...but probably not quickly!! :)

There are many "Campaigns on the Danube" gamers that would give an arm and a leg for this to happen.

I wish I could get my hands on and test Campaigns on the Elbe (1806 and both 1813)

This is my wargaming dream, and I`m not the only one.

https://twitter.com/WW1IEPER1917 INTEL i9-9900K @3600Ghz 3.60 GHz 48GB RAM
GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918 >> So now we know what Frank's been up to... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI