Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to use TCP mode to direct connect ? A group of loyal Chinese players need help!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> How to use TCP mode to direct connect ? A group of loyal Chinese players need help!!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to use TCP mode to direct connect ? A group of loya... - 7/21/2017 1:46:35 AM   
longbowcai

We are a group of chinese closecombat series players who played multiplayer game for more then ten years,we brought every generation of closecombat game.We are very grateful to have such a good military simulation game for us to play more than 10 years.
In the previous series ,such as TLD or LSA, we played multiplayer game by useing TCP mod to connect directly,it is very smooth and fast way for us. But when we brought CC6 Panther in the fog and CC7 Gateway to Caen,we found that we can not use TCP mode to connect directly any more ,this option is not showed in the multiplayer online interface,the only option is to connect through the lobby.As everyone knows ,China has a great firewall , if we connect the foreign server ,that will be very slow and lag, so we have a bad experience in playing multiplayer game by connecting through the lobby, we would prefer to direct connect by TCP mode,
We have to give up playing multiplayer games in Panther in the fog or Gateway to Caen even that we brought them both, but we really want to solve this problem so that we can continue to buy new products of closecombat series such as The Bloody First.
Does any one has any idea how to establish a direct connection by traditional Tcp mode in Panther in the fog or Gateway to Caen ? We really can not find any option button in the menu.
Is it necessary to open the port 1944 for showing option button of the TCP mode in multiplayer game menu? then how to open the port 1944?
Thank you very much for the people who can help us!
Post #: 1
RE: How to use TCP mode to direct connect ? A group of ... - 7/24/2017 5:15:30 PM   
SteveMcClaire

longbowcai,

Thanks for your continued interest in the game. There isn't any way to bypass the lobby system in Panthers in the Fog or Gateway to Caen. However, there is a way to establish a direct connection to your opponent via the lobby server. The game will automatically attempt this when you offer to host/join a game. For success the host needs to have TCP port 1944 (the exact port number can be changed using RegEdit, if necessary -- both players would need to make the same change) open and accepting incoming connections through your router and/or firewall. Once you establish a direct connection with your opponent you're no longer using the lobby system as an intermediary.

The steps for allowing incoming connections on Port 1944 are different as every router or bit of firewall software has its own interface for this. But general steps can be found here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1945059

Steve

(in reply to longbowcai)
Post #: 2
RE: How to use TCP mode to direct connect ? A group of ... - 7/25/2017 4:20:55 AM   
longbowcai

Hi,
Thanks for you replay, I have already open the TCP port 1944,I can direct connection with my friend in the previously series ,TLD or LSA,but when we do this in the Panthers in the Fog or Gateway to Caen ,it shows playing by the lobby, and very lag because we are in china behinding the great chinese firewall, but you said that once established a direct connection with your opponent you're no longer using the lobby system as an intermediary. that sounds good, anyway ,we will try again , maybe we should both open the port 1944 me and my opponent.
you said the exact port number can be changed using RegEdit? what that means? port 1944 is not the only port number? could be any number? how can we know what is the right port number?

We sincerely hope that the new CC will be able to restore direct connection options. CC is a niche game in China, we core player will go to buy the genuine to support your company, but multiplayer game is the most fascinating functions of CC, if no direct connection option option ,we cannot play well, it will affect our buying enthusiasm in the future. We've been promoting the popularity of CC in Chinese gamers for more than ten years.Now we have hundreds core player in china who always play multiplayer game in CC, we have our own League match in china , and this connection problem is the only problem for us to play multiplayer game in the Panthers in the Fog or Gateway to Caen.hope can be solved in the future.

Thanks all the same

Best regards

(in reply to SteveMcClaire)
Post #: 3
RE: How to use TCP mode to direct connect ? A group of ... - 7/25/2017 5:50:17 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

When your ports are opened the game should connect directly once you get into battle, only the lobby would use the server.

Cheers

Pip

follow me on Twitter here

(in reply to longbowcai)
Post #: 4
RE: How to use TCP mode to direct connect ? A group of ... - 7/29/2017 10:07:39 AM   
sinosoldat

Will The Bloody First provide direct connection mode other than the Lobby system?

We just want the TCP/UDP mode (Input the IP address then Join) in previous CC games back.

(in reply to PipFromSlitherine)
Post #: 5
RE: How to use TCP mode to direct connect ? A group of ... - 7/31/2017 4:01:17 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

We have no plans for direct IP connection, no. If nothing else it fragments the community.

Cheers

Pip

follow me on Twitter here

(in reply to sinosoldat)
Post #: 6
RE: How to use TCP mode to direct connect ? A group of ... - 8/5/2017 1:24:11 AM   
Tejszd

quote:

ORIGINAL: PipFromSlitherine

We have no plans for direct IP connection, no. If nothing else it fragments the community.

Cheers

Pip

Too bad. Close Combat has outlived a number of companies that were involved with it over the years; Atomic and SSI. Microsoft is still around but has nothing to do with the game. CC kept being played because both the single player and H2H play (due to the direct connection option) was there.

CC in it's best years had a full lobby in the MSN gaming zone and people playing direct. The challenge is to get more to buy/play instead of forcing them to single spot....

< Message edited by Tejszd -- 8/14/2017 4:31:12 AM >

(in reply to PipFromSlitherine)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> How to use TCP mode to direct connect ? A group of loyal Chinese players need help!!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI