Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A FUBAR

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> A FUBAR Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A FUBAR - 8/17/2016 8:17:44 AM   
Chris21wen

How do I get this ship out of refit? I don't think it should have been able to go into refit but that's irrelevant, it was supposed to unload and go to PH for the refit but I obviously forgot to set the destination.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Chris H -- 8/17/2016 11:04:36 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: A FOBAR - 8/17/2016 8:56:34 AM   
CaptBeefheart

To keep in the spirit of using acronyms, I think you're SOL. I don't think it's possible to get something out of refit.

Cheers,
CC

Beer, because barley makes lousy bread.

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 2
RE: A FOBAR - 8/17/2016 8:59:09 AM   
Alfred

You need to get the relevant tenders in place.  Look up the Ship Repair 101 Guide for the details.

If it has accrued the damage from upgrading, it is stuck there until the minimum upgrade delay time has passed anyway.

Alfred

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 3
RE: A FOBAR - 8/17/2016 11:11:15 AM   
Chris21wen

Thought that's what the case.  I'll have too move an AR to it then. 

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 4
RE: A FOBAR - 8/17/2016 11:54:21 AM   
HansBolter

You had to have done more than forget to set the destination.

In order to unload at Palmyra it had to be in a task force.

In order for the ship to have implemented an upgrade it had to have been disbanded in the port.

Since not auto disbanding is the default, you have to have manually set it to disband or have disbanded it yourself.

If you want ships to return to home ports when they are done unloading, don't set them to disband.

Hans

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 5
RE: A FOBAR - 8/17/2016 1:57:53 PM   
btd64

Thanks for the picture first of all. Second, The screen shows the ship in repair and the refit can't be done. Try getting the ship out of repair. The port is not capable of doing the refit or the repairs. An AR will only fix major damage 5 or less, so that will not work. If you can't get the ship out of the status it's in, you may have to wait 12 days as posted in your screen shot....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 6
RE: A FOBAR - 8/17/2016 3:13:31 PM   
Jorge_Stanbury

You will need to wait 12 days for the end of refit and you will not repair any damage at all in the meantime

but after 12 days you will be able to take it out of pierside

< Message edited by Jorge_Stanbury -- 8/17/2016 3:14:03 PM >

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 7
RE: A FOBAR - 8/17/2016 8:10:33 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

In order for the ship to have implemented an upgrade it had to have been disbanded in the port.

Since not auto disbanding is the default, you have to have manually set it to disband or have disbanded it yourself.

If you want ships to return to home ports when they are done unloading, don't set them to disband.

The TF could have been set to "Do not disband" but because of the significant float damage the AI could have disbanded her anyway.

< Message edited by BBfanboy -- 8/17/2016 8:11:23 PM >

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 8
RE: A FOBAR - 8/17/2016 11:49:32 PM   
rustysi

There's also an option to leave upgrades set to 'no' this will prevent any unwanted upgrades from commencing, until the player is ready.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 9
RE: A FOBAR - 8/18/2016 12:45:29 AM   
crsutton

quote:

Don't think so. An TF set to unload and auto disband will not disband in the destination port. It will unload and then go to the home port where it will disband. It would have to be manually disbanded in the destination port. I am guessing that the OP had first set the destination port as the home port, then had auto disband turned on, and then had upgrade set to yes. The last piece of the puzzle is that the particular upgrade did not require a minimum shipyard size so the ship just went into upgrade as soon as it disbanded. I can't figure out how else this would have happened.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 10
RE: A FOBAR - 8/18/2016 12:59:09 AM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jorge_Stanbury

You will need to wait 12 days for the end of refit and you will not repair any damage at all in the meantime

but after 12 days you will be able to take it out of pierside

This should work!

(in reply to Jorge_Stanbury)
Post #: 11
RE: A FOBAR - 8/18/2016 8:00:39 AM   
Chris21wen

quote:

I should also have said reset it's home port as well as it's destination. Any case it's irrelevant how, I did.

< Message edited by Chris H -- 8/18/2016 8:04:01 AM >

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 12
RE: A FOBAR - 8/18/2016 8:07:55 AM   
Chris21wen

quote:

ORIGINAL: General Patton

Thanks for the picture first of all. Second, The screen shows the ship in repair and the refit can't be done. Try getting the ship out of repair. The port is not capable of doing the refit or the repairs. An AR will only fix major damage 5 or less, so that will not work. If you can't get the ship out of the status it's in, you may have to wait 12 days as posted in your screen shot....GP

Yeah I realized that after I posted. I'll wait.

The damaged accrued because it entered refit which I had set it to do but it was not supposed to do it in Palmyra.

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 13
RE: A FUBAR - 8/18/2016 9:29:16 PM   
Revthought

I'm pretty sure you can only "get it out" once the minimum refit deadline has past. So if it takes 20 days to refit, even if it cannot actually finish repairs on it where its docked, in 20 days you can flip it back to ready status.

Honestly, depending on the situation in your game and the "upgrade time", just letting the refit time expire might be a better option than sailing ARs halfway around the world for an AVD.

Playing at war is a far better vocation than making people fight in them.

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 14
RE: A FUBAR - 8/19/2016 12:41:37 AM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Revthought

I'm pretty sure you can only "get it out" once the minimum refit deadline has past. So if it takes 20 days to refit, even if it cannot actually finish repairs on it where its docked, in 20 days you can flip it back to ready status.

Honestly, depending on the situation in your game and the "upgrade time", just letting the refit time expire might be a better option than sailing ARs halfway around the world for an AVD.

You gotta read the details a little more closely there, Rev. The AVD is at Palmyra, not far from PH (from which I would think the AR was coming). And he only considered the AR when the thought the damage was repairable by one. Once he learned that the damage was related to the upgrade, he understood the situation.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Revthought)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> A FUBAR Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI