Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Taking Algiers

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Taking Algiers Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Taking Algiers - 10/20/2016 10:38:53 AM   
apec

If I understand correctly, after refusing the Vichy event you have to take Algiers to force the France surrender, and the the first who takes Algiers gains all France territories and loot.
This looks totally unrealistic. Germany should take all France territories and war loot even if an italian unit enters Algiers first, in return Italy should get Tunisia and a small amount of the loot (no more than 15% to account Italy war effort).
This solution also avoid a gamey outcome such as creating a superpowered Italy with the acquisition of the entire France.
Just curious to know what others think about this.
Anyway, following a few more AAR videos posted so far, I must say that SC3 looks a lot better than the previous version, I can easily anticipate countless hours spent on this game.
Regards

Post #: 1
RE: Taking Algiers - 10/20/2016 2:22:08 PM   
CAHouston

if the Italians take Algeria do they get a bump in MPP?

(in reply to apec)
Post #: 2
RE: Taking Algiers - 10/20/2016 2:33:14 PM   
apec

Apparently, if the Italians take Algeria they get all the loot (i.e. a lot of mpp) and the control of whole France and french colonies while the Germans get nothing.
I can hardly imagine this as a possible historical outcome.
Anyway, only Bill or Hubert can explain what is happening exactly in this case .

(in reply to CAHouston)
Post #: 3
RE: Taking Algiers - 10/20/2016 3:52:48 PM   
BillRunacre

Yes, the country that takes the last capital of a country is the one that the surrendering country surrenders too, so it is strongly recommended to move a German unit in rather than an Italian one.

Players are of course free to experiment and try out different options, but in my opinion moving a German unit in is the wisest choice.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to apec)
Post #: 4
RE: Taking Algiers - 10/20/2016 4:40:43 PM   
apec

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Runacre

Yes, the country that takes the last capital of a country is the one that the surrendering country surrenders too, so it is strongly recommended to move a German unit in rather than an Italian one.

Players are of course free to experiment and try out different options, but in my opinion moving a German unit in is the wisest choice.

Thank you Bill.
I understand that. Of course, mpp wise, is better having France surrending to Germany than to Italy.

Thanks again for the clarification.

regards,

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 5
RE: Taking Algiers - 10/20/2016 6:06:03 PM   
CAHouston

then it might be best to allow the Italian to capture minor countries like Greece and Yugoslavia.

(in reply to apec)
Post #: 6
RE: Taking Algiers - 10/23/2016 2:26:44 AM   
ILCK

quote:

ORIGINAL: CAHouston

then it might be best to allow the Italian to capture minor countries like Greece and Yugoslavia.

It looks like that might be a way to go to help your pathetic ally out.

I dislike the "shared" MPP's of the minors with the major power. Watching the video because they use German MPP's the Romanian and Hungarian forces are tippy top fighting units rather than ancillary forces.

(in reply to CAHouston)
Post #: 7
RE: Taking Algiers - 10/23/2016 10:19:27 AM   
BillRunacre

A difference with the Minors is that their upgrades are more expensive, so it isn't necessarily the best use of resources to raise them to the same level as German units.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to ILCK)
Post #: 8
RE: Taking Algiers - 10/23/2016 7:17:58 PM   
ILCK

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Runacre

A difference with the Minors is that their upgrades are more expensive, so it isn't necessarily the best use of resources to raise them to the same level as German units.

I saw a difference but assumed it was "army" vs "corps" costs but that is due to being a minor,

That leads to another question one I haven't seen explored in the videos which is the corps vs army difference. I don't notice the players being all that concerned. Is there a distinction in combat power between armies and corps?

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 9
RE: Taking Algiers - 10/23/2016 8:01:18 PM   
James Taylor

Usually, again dependent upon the scenario designer(and owning country), Armies have one strength more of attack and defense, but one less action point than corps size units.

SeaMonkey

(in reply to ILCK)
Post #: 10
RE: Taking Algiers - 10/23/2016 10:43:25 PM   
ILCK

quote:

ORIGINAL: James Taylor

Usually, again dependent upon the scenario designer(and owning country), Armies have one strength more of attack and defense, but one less action point than corps size units.

Thanks. I will have to watch more closely and pay attention to the sizes of units engaged.

(in reply to James Taylor)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Taking Algiers Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI