Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

I would like to buy but..

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> I would like to buy but.. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I would like to buy but.. - 3/16/2016 5:45:17 AM   
Tatoune

Hi all,

I have the board game and I'm interested to buy the pc game. So I downloaded the demo (through another server cause it's not available here...?) and the demo does not work on my computer. I tried on 3 differents computers, and it does not work, I mean when I start the game I can hear the sound but I have no picture, just a big script error.

If I buy the game here on matrix game, how can I be sure it will work on my computer? Anyone have had the same issue before?

thanks,
tatoune

Post #: 1
RE: I would like to buy but.. - 3/16/2016 7:41:58 AM   
zakblood

works 100% with windows 10 64bit on first run, as long as you install all the prerequisites that come with the game and use the latest patch

quote:

How to get a DxDiag report file:

1. Click on "START" (on Windows 8 press “Windows key” and the “R” key at the same time)
2. Click "run" (skip this step on Windows 8 )
3. Type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. Check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. Click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

We prefer that DxDiag files be posted as message attachments (zip) rather than pasted into the body of the post.

add the exe of the game to your Anti Virus and firewall program, to make sure check the logs of these to see if it was one if any of them was to blame.

That usually means a 3rd party program, like an Internet security programs, is or could be interfering with the game or update installation.

run the game from a admin account and use full admin permissions.

please make sure all game pre requisite are installed with the game, even if you think or fully know there are already installed, it will only over write, and it may be that you have a older or newer version of these where as the game in question may need a certain version.

please make sure you are running the latest game version and have up to date drivers installed on your pc,

If you have the original version. So you'll need to update it from the Internet.
Please note that you'll only need the last update, as the updates are comprehensive. (not needed with steam)

< Message edited by zakblood -- 3/16/2016 7:43:00 AM >

(in reply to Tatoune)
Post #: 2
RE: I would like to buy but.. - 3/16/2016 10:22:08 AM   
Cataphract88

Mine works fine on Windows 10, and I like the game a lot.

Richard

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 3
RE: I would like to buy but.. - 3/16/2016 6:44:29 PM   
Tatoune

Ok thanks, I'll buy.

(in reply to Tatoune)
Post #: 4
RE: I would like to buy but.. - 8/6/2016 8:02:34 PM   
LarryP

I bought Awakening the Bear but it seems like the AI cheats. The same units that kill me, I play them next and cannot even make the same shot! Then I get killed playing the opposite and I go back to that unit on the other side and the same thing. The AI makes shots I cannot do!?

EDIT: I just went back in and played some more, and I cannot believe how the same shots the other side makes, I can't make when I play them! I go back and forth between sides and try and do what they do and I can't even come close. The Germans jumped eight hexes in one turn and came up behind me. How can that be?!

I am really sorry I bought this game. It looked so good on YouTube but it's not playing like the video showed at all.

< Message edited by LarryP -- 8/6/2016 8:20:41 PM >

(in reply to Tatoune)
Post #: 5
RE: I would like to buy but.. - 10/26/2016 12:03:21 AM   
Erik Rutins

Larry, did you consider that the other side may be using cards or assigning CAPs to improve their chances?

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 6
RE: I would like to buy but.. - 10/26/2016 2:45:03 AM   
LarryP

Yes. However their chances even then seemed way out of scope.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 7
RE: I would like to buy but.. - 10/26/2016 3:13:06 PM   
ericbabe

Hi LarryP,

The AI should only be getting three advantages when you play at higher difficulty settings. At the lowest difficulty setting, it should have no advantages. These advantages are: a .225 chance for extra units per difficulty, +25% extra CAPs per difficulty, and +1 AP per unit per difficulty level.

Can you tell me which units seem to be making impossible shots in which scenarios? Are you playing with the report at the bottom of the screen open? If so, attacks are described such as "German Rifle Squad rolls 9 modified by 2 and misses Maxim MMG Unit whose defense is 15. (Front attack vs non-armored. -2 long range. -1 terrain modifier.)" Would you mind posting screenshots of impossible shots the AI is making? Is it rolling higher than a 12 or is it getting modifiers that you are unable to use?

Are you using the foot-cautious movement rule? If so, and you're not moving your units cautiously, the AI will take advantage of that.

Are you using the variable quality rule? If so, the AI may be getting more experienced units randomly -- such units may have an easier chance of hitting compared to regular or green units.

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 8
RE: I would like to buy but.. - 10/26/2016 7:57:33 PM   
LarryP

I appreciate your input now, but I removed the game and shelved it. I got so frustrated with it that I don't even want to see it.

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 9
RE: I would like to buy but.. - 10/28/2016 3:25:34 AM   
Missouri_Rebel

Good to see you're still playing games Larry. You were absent for a while it would seem. I've always enjoyed your contribution to this forum and hope your health has improved.

All I will say is that the CoH system is sound and the mechanics are fluid. Ive had many games come down to the last move of the last turn. Even though things can be frustrating and seem like something is amiss, those unbelievable shots happen for the player too.

Eric gave a good reply that took your concerns to heart. Don't give up so easily. I'd only suggest you give the system another try in the future. It really has come a long ways since release.

**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 10
RE: I would like to buy but.. - 10/29/2016 5:44:09 PM   
LarryP

Hey MO! Yes I was absent for a bit. I have had physical issues galore, and more now even. I dropped out of the Distant Worlds beta years ago from physical crap. I stayed for the first round but left after the first release. Just could not concentrate from being in pain.

I am probably not using the perks like I should. I watched videos before I bought this game and it looked like the kind of game I would enjoy. Has not happened yet.

Erik and ericbabe both gave me good help, it's a little late though as I lost all interest in this game. I might even mail it to someone that wants it if they ask politely.

Thank you for the post, it's really good to see you here.

(in reply to Missouri_Rebel)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> I would like to buy but.. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI