Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Dice Camera Document

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> Tech Support >> Dice Camera Document Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Dice Camera Document - 12/3/2016 11:05:49 PM   
Cantatta

Hello!

The CoH game manual mentions using a web camera for dice rolls and says to reference the Dice Camera document.
Searching the game install folder does not reveal this document, unfortunately.

I connected my web camera to the computer and was able to get the camera to show the tray and dice.
However, I couldn't figure out how to get the dice role to register for resolving combat rolls.

Is there a Dice Camera document for CoH? If so, how can I obtain a copy if this document?

Thanks!

< Message edited by Cantatta -- 12/3/2016 11:07:15 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Dice Camera Document - 12/4/2016 3:38:23 AM   
Cantatta

Finally got the game to read the dice in my tray and use the results for combat, it's just a little finicky. Here are some tips for anyone interested:

1)Use dice with pips, not numerals, and no special characters for one and/or six, they all have to be pips

2)Use dice with high contrast colors; solid white dice with black pips seemed to work best; translucent dice are not a good choice

3)Repositioning the dice properly under the camera after the die roll is often necessary for best results

4)Getting the camera angle set properly is important, the closer it points to straight down the better

5)Good lighting on the dice is also important, avoid shadows on the dice

6)A dice tray is a good idea, it contains the dice when you roll and provides a focal point for the camera

It would still be nice to have the Dice Camera document, if there is one. If not, perhaps this can serve as a good starting point.

Regards!

(in reply to Cantatta)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> Tech Support >> Dice Camera Document Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI