Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Installing official patch

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Installing official patch Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Installing official patch - 12/18/2016 2:47:28 PM   
John B.

Hello,

I just got around to installing the official 2015 patch (just a bit behind the times :-)) to get v. 24. I downloaded it into my patches subfile and ran the installer. The process completed but when I open the game it tells me that I am still using version .23 (see attached photo). If I try to reinstall the official patch I get a message telling me that I'm up to date. Am I missing something?

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Installing official patch - 12/18/2016 3:48:23 PM   
BBfanboy

I thought I had the latest OFFICIAL patch - 1.7.11.24 Dec. 25 2014.
Did you get your patch from Matrix customer support?
The patch stickied at the top of this forum is the Beta, not the official version, but it relies on the official patch so you must get that one first.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to John B.)
Post #: 2
RE: Installing official patch - 12/18/2016 6:05:23 PM   
John B.

BBFanboy, it says on the site that there is a version .24 that was available March 2015 and that's what I downloaded earlier today. http://www.matrixgames.com/products/351/downloads/

But, even though I've downloaded it and run the installer I still get the v .23 that is listed in my screen shot above. I wonder if the offical download does not automatically merge with the beta that I've been using?

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 3
RE: Installing official patch - 12/18/2016 6:12:38 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: John B.

BBFanboy, it says on the site that there is a version .24 that was available March 2015 and that's what I downloaded earlier today. http://www.matrixgames.com/products/351/downloads/

But, even though I've downloaded it and run the installer I still get the v .23 that is listed in my screen shot above. I wonder if the offical download does not automatically merge with the beta that I've been using?

I'm not sure about merging with the Beta, but here is how the Beta works.

You know, from looking around, where the main installation resides. You have desktop shortcuts that you have probably customized to some degree to run AE. When you install a Beta, the files go into a "Beta2" sub-folder inside your main installation folder. There is also a desktop shortcut created that points to the Beta. Usually that shortcut needs to get modified for your Machine's particulars.

If you just installed an "official" release, then it might have over-written the shortcut that you were using to access the Beta.

make sense?

(in reply to John B.)
Post #: 4
RE: Installing official patch - 12/19/2016 6:07:09 AM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: John B.

I'm not sure about merging with the Beta, but here is how the Beta works.

You know, from looking around, where the main installation resides. You have desktop shortcuts that you have probably customized to some degree to run AE. When you install a Beta, the files go into a "Beta2" sub-folder inside your main installation folder. There is also a desktop shortcut created that points to the Beta. Usually that shortcut needs to get modified for your Machine's particulars.

If you just installed an "official" release, then it might have over-written the shortcut that you were using to access the Beta.

make sense?

Not just the shortcut, but all the Beta files. When you install the latest official update you must then re-install the Beta. The Beta relies (is built on) on the official version, not the other way around.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 5
RE: Installing official patch - 12/19/2016 8:17:20 PM   
John B.

Thanks for these tips! I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Installing official patch Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI