Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Unit transfer of surrendering nations

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Unit transfer of surrendering nations Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unit transfer of surrendering nations - 1/6/2017 11:46:55 AM   
Boonierat1972

I know that units of a nation that are located in a friendly Allied territory at the moment of surrender (like French units in the UK or Egypt for instance) and have a chance of continuing the fight under that nation's colors but what is the % of chance of that happening? does that work for any surrendering country? every type of unit? (air, land, sea...)

If anyone knows the mechanism behind this I'd love to know!
Post #: 1
RE: Unit transfer of surrendering nations - 1/6/2017 2:00:13 PM   
Goodmongo

This was actually answered in another thread. Don't recall the exact answer but you might want to search for it.

(in reply to Boonierat1972)
Post #: 2
RE: Unit transfer of surrendering nations - 1/6/2017 2:36:40 PM   
sPzAbt653

There are scripts called 'Free Unit', and there are percentages. So it differs case by case.

(in reply to Boonierat1972)
Post #: 3
RE: Unit transfer of surrendering nations - 1/6/2017 2:45:10 PM   
Christolos

I seem to remember having seen the answer to this too but can't remember what it was and the search feature on this forum still doesn't work!!!
see: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4197077&mpage=1&key=� and http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4183373

I just had it happen in Greece. Greece surrendered and the UK units in Greece left the map but I don't know where they went???

C

“Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.”

-Aristotle-

(in reply to Goodmongo)
Post #: 4
RE: Unit transfer of surrendering nations - 1/6/2017 2:55:54 PM   
mavraamides

I know I often lose some BEF forces this way. If they are fighting in Vichy when Paris falls they surrender. OTOH, I've noticed that when I take over a country, whether conquering or liberating, enemy units from a different nation seem to remain and fight. Also, I've had BEF units in Northern France live on to fight after France surrenders. So I'm not sure if it's a Vichy specific thing or random and it's just happened to work out that way.

(in reply to Christolos)
Post #: 5
RE: Unit transfer of surrendering nations - 1/6/2017 5:31:01 PM   
Goodmongo

Didn't know the search feature didn't work. I do know that the discussion was about trying to exploit the game by moving all French units out of France to UK. It also covered air units and naval (which are never "saved"). IIRC it was a 20% chance that a unit would be kept.

(in reply to mavraamides)
Post #: 6
RE: Unit transfer of surrendering nations - 1/6/2017 7:36:41 PM   
BillRunacre

If Vichy is formed then French land units have a 20% chance of fighting on from exile, if Vichy isn't formed then a 40%, with their naval units also getting a 20% chance.

The actual percentages do vary and these scripts only apply to a limited number of countries.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to Goodmongo)
Post #: 7
RE: Unit transfer of surrendering nations - 1/7/2017 11:30:23 AM   
Boonierat1972

Thanks Bill, I'll have a look at these scripts

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Unit transfer of surrendering nations Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI