Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

AAMs Won't Fire?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> AAMs Won't Fire? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AAMs Won't Fire? - 2/3/2017 4:21:10 PM   
jcole983

Not sure what's happening but I can't get either my AIM-9s or 120s to fire on an incoming set of vampires. When I selected the auto-engage option, nothing happened except that my F/A-18s intercepted and sprinted behind the cruise missiles without firing. I tried the manual attack option to assign specific weapons to the target, but nothing happens when I click to allocate a weapon to the target. SAMs from my CSG also don't engage the vampires. Is this intentional or some sort of glitch?

Thanks

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: AAMs Won't Fire? - 2/3/2017 5:25:41 PM   
wild_Willie2

Something is wrong with your save, I cant open it.
I would suggest you re-save and re-submit.

W.

In vinum illic est sapientia , in matera illic est vires , in aqua illic es bacteria.

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there are bacteria.

(in reply to jcole983)
Post #: 2
RE: AAMs Won't Fire? - 2/4/2017 1:52:17 PM   
mikmykWS

Yeah this save isn't working.

Normally you can troubleshoot why things won't fire in the manual firing dialog. It it can't the reasons will be listed there.

Thanks!

Mike

(in reply to wild_Willie2)
Post #: 3
RE: AAMs Won't Fire? - 2/4/2017 2:43:00 PM   
Eggstor

I can't open the save either, but I can offer some guidance. If you're trying to intercept the YJ-91/AS-17 with AAMs, you can't until it drops below 36,000 feet because its 2000-kt speed at/above 36,000 feet, as well as its 80,000-feet cruise altitude, is outside the AMRAAM's intercept envelope (max target speed 1950 kt/max target altitude 65,000 feet). Further, its speed through its entire flight profile is faster than what the Sidewinder can handle (max target speed 1350 kt). The other anti-surface cruise missiles should be interceptable, though the Sidewinder can't quite catch the Sunburns.

As for the SAMs' inability to fire, that is a known issue with ground/surface-based missiles requiring a datalink not having it. That should be fixed with the next service release.

< Message edited by Eggstor -- 2/4/2017 2:47:09 PM >

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 4
RE: AAMs Won't Fire? - 2/7/2017 1:26:04 AM   
jcole983

I can't open the save either. And none of my autosaves in the scenario will open. I'm wondering if this is an issue with the scenario instead of the weapon functionality?

The vampires were at 30ft 0.76M, should have been within reach of AIM-120s and they were showing as green and ready to fire in the manual attack option.

(in reply to Eggstor)
Post #: 5
RE: AAMs Won't Fire? - 2/7/2017 1:03:17 PM   
Eggstor

That could be. The database version that scenario uses is 445, while the current database version is 447.

My best guess is something odd happened to that particular playthrough. Did you notice any error messages before things went haywire?

(in reply to jcole983)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> AAMs Won't Fire? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI