Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

CRUISERS

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> CRUISERS Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
CRUISERS - 4/13/2017 9:04:21 PM   
AEMIL

I have a question about the difference in three Cruiser class units. We have Battle Cruisers, Heavy cruisers and light cruisers. What is the purpose of these three types of ships, I mean in this game.What roles are best suited for each type.
Post #: 1
RE: CRUISERS - 4/13/2017 9:55:29 PM   
vonik

Battle cruisers are weak BB . Used against surface vessels, ideally destroyers or ligh cruisers .
Heavy cruisers are cannon fodder . Too weak against capital ships and useless against subs .
Light cruisers are auxiliaries to DD for anti sub war . They can attack DDs when necessary and be there to close the trap when the DDs found the subs .

(in reply to AEMIL)
Post #: 2
RE: CRUISERS - 4/14/2017 1:49:30 AM   
battlevonwar

Cruisers like the Gneis-Scharn-Graf Spee came with some big guns. Though some British ones came with smaller guns do to Treaty/Design there is big differences. Vonik pointed things out well C:

Some Cruisers are so well armored they're like mini-battleships. Others are faster.. Versatility is what a cruiser is I think and sometimes I hear ways to get around your Government or many Governments ability to restrict you. As with all ship names. A Heavy Cruiser isn't spending on a Battleship? I know the US did this I believe on the Indianapolis? On and on and on and even today they do it, Dutch Navy did it on their Frigates/Destroyers?

In the end, guns, tonnage, speed, etc... classify a ship as it really is

quote:

ORIGINAL: AEMIL

I have a question about the difference in three Cruiser class units. We have Battle Cruisers, Heavy cruisers and light cruisers. What is the purpose of these three types of ships, I mean in this game.What roles are best suited for each type.

(in reply to AEMIL)
Post #: 3
RE: CRUISERS - 4/14/2017 10:55:57 AM   
xwormwood

quote:

ORIGINAL: battlevonwar

Cruisers like the Gneis-Scharn-Graf Spee came with some big guns. Though some British ones came with smaller guns do to Treaty/Design there is big differences. Vonik pointed things out well C:

Some Cruisers are so well armored they're like mini-battleships. Others are faster.. Versatility is what a cruiser is I think and sometimes I hear ways to get around your Government or many Governments ability to restrict you. As with all ship names. A Heavy Cruiser isn't spending on a Battleship? I know the US did this I believe on the Indianapolis? On and on and on and even today they do it, Dutch Navy did it on their Frigates/Destroyers?

In the end, guns, tonnage, speed, etc... classify a ship as it really is

quote:

ORIGINAL: AEMIL

Gneisenau and Scharnhorst were Battleships which never got the intended cannons. I guess you mixed them up iwth the CAs Deutschland & Admiral Scheer.

"You will be dead, so long as you refuse to die" (George MacDonald)

(in reply to battlevonwar)
Post #: 4
RE: CRUISERS - 4/15/2017 5:40:09 AM   
battlevonwar

Yes, you're right

(in reply to xwormwood)
Post #: 5
RE: CRUISERS - 4/16/2017 5:51:30 AM   
PrinceMiskin

Regarding the use of heavy cruisers, you shouldn't use them to bombard cities, or as anti-submarine. Their job is to kill weakened ships.

They cost less 30% MPPs than BBs, but they can easily kill weakened BBs, carriers or other surface ships. So here is what they are good at. Enemy BB is alive with 1-3 HPs, do you want to commit the expensive BB for the kill or the CA and make a better use of the BB?

I don't mind having them. :-)

(in reply to battlevonwar)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> CRUISERS Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI