Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Command LIVE Black Gold Blitz is OUT!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Command LIVE Black Gold Blitz is OUT! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Command LIVE Black Gold Blitz is OUT! - 11/7/2017 2:04:28 PM   
Daniele

After decades of proxy wars, the Middle East is on the verge of a war of dramatic consequences. Tensions between Saudi Arabia and Iran have brought both countries to the point of mobilization!

The international community, divided and ineffective, can only watch as the largest conventional battle in the Middle East since the 2003 invasion of Iraq is about to begin.

Black Gold Blitz, the seventh instalment in the Command LIVE series, has been released! This new episode explores a scenario in which religious, economic and political tensions between Tehran and Riyadh have reached a point of no return, and direct war seems unavoidable.

Grab the game now!

< Message edited by Dimitris -- 2/3/2018 5:50:03 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Command LIVE Black Gold Blitz is OUT! - 11/7/2017 2:47:30 PM   
Randomizer

Just tried to purchase but it appears to be only available on Steam...

-C

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 2
RE: Command LIVE Black Gold Blitz is OUT! - 11/7/2017 2:53:22 PM   
thewood1

Nope, already bought, downloaded, and installed from Matrix.

(in reply to Randomizer)
Post #: 3
RE: Command LIVE Black Gold Blitz is OUT! - 11/7/2017 2:54:34 PM   
thewood1

You also have to have 1.13.4 installed to install the scenario. I got that in the members' area

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 4
RE: Command LIVE Black Gold Blitz is OUT! - 11/7/2017 3:07:59 PM   
Randomizer

Nope, here's what's on my screen... Steam only.

-C

Attachment (1)

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 5
RE: Command LIVE Black Gold Blitz is OUT! - 11/7/2017 3:14:22 PM   
stilesw

Same here. Cannot find a non-Steam version.

-Wayne Stiles

(in reply to Randomizer)
Post #: 6
RE: Command LIVE Black Gold Blitz is OUT! - 11/7/2017 3:15:50 PM   
IainMcNeil

Sorry guys we had a technical glitch. We're in the process of getting it all back online now. Sorry for the delay!

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to stilesw)
Post #: 7
RE: Command LIVE Black Gold Blitz is OUT! - 11/7/2017 3:29:11 PM   
Randomizer

Disregard, it just appeared after several tries. An uncharacteristic sloppy roll-out for a CMANO title; one can perhaps be forgiven for thinking that the release was booted out the door because of what's happening in the House of Saud right now.

-C

< Message edited by Randomizer -- 11/7/2017 3:33:29 PM >

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 8
RE: Command LIVE Black Gold Blitz is OUT! - 11/7/2017 3:46:52 PM   
IainMcNeil

It was all live, but we were alerted to an issue so we turned it all off, then confirmed it was a false alarm and everything is in the process of coming back online. It takes a while for the servers to synch all the files and we didn't want anyone to get a broken version so better to turn it off while we verified all was ok.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to Randomizer)
Post #: 9
RE: Command LIVE Black Gold Blitz is OUT! - 11/7/2017 6:01:54 PM   
lamboman43

Can we get a changelog for 1.13.4? Or was it just the scenario being added?

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 10
RE: Command LIVE Black Gold Blitz is OUT! - 11/7/2017 6:10:44 PM   
thewood1

The change log is available on the change log button on the Matrix game run and update menu. I think its also available in the Command directory. It covers up to 1.13.5.

(in reply to lamboman43)
Post #: 11
RE: Command LIVE Black Gold Blitz is OUT! - 11/7/2017 6:17:07 PM   
Dimitris

A copy of the Build 972.11 release notes is also available here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/321410/discussions/0/1479857071273167232/

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 12
RE: Command LIVE Black Gold Blitz is OUT! - 11/7/2017 8:04:40 PM   
Excroat3

Just started my playthough and I have 1 comment so far: Could you ungroup the Iranian IADS? Currently, while playing as Saudi Arabia, I need to go into unit view to see SAMs that I have detected or whose position was already known, making the screen more cluttered. I went in and did it myself, but it would be easier to do it on the official release so players aren't led to believe that there are no SAMs in an area where there actually are, but can't be seen unless in unit view.

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 13
RE: Command LIVE Black Gold Blitz is OUT! - 11/8/2017 7:43:51 AM   
Malafon

Looking forward to this. (Also changeable weather and breakdowns). :-)

< Message edited by Malafon -- 11/8/2017 8:05:37 AM >

(in reply to Excroat3)
Post #: 14
RE: Command LIVE Black Gold Blitz is OUT! - 11/9/2017 1:59:45 PM   
mikmykWS

quote:

ORIGINAL: Malafon

Looking forward to this. (Also changeable weather and breakdowns). :-)

Malafon, you do know you can add these with lua correct?

Mike

< Message edited by mikmykWS -- 11/9/2017 2:00:03 PM >

(in reply to Malafon)
Post #: 15
RE: Command LIVE Black Gold Blitz is OUT! - 11/9/2017 5:25:23 PM   
Primarchx

Got it and spooling up the RSAF for the first round of airstrikes of the day. Peninsula air defenses on high alert. Will start south and work my way north. Looks like a lot of fun!

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 16
RE: Command LIVE Black Gold Blitz is OUT! - 11/9/2017 9:08:14 PM   
Malafon

Yes, and that is a wonderful feature from a great company. But I am a game-player, not a programmer.
Without wanting to be rude, I pay you/them to make the game, not to programme it myself.
Breakdowns and weather were a feature in Harpoon 3. I'm genuinely interested and honestly not trolling when I wonder why this is so hard to add in the standard out-of-the-box game decades later? Apologies if this seems ungrateful for your hard work, that is NOT my intention.

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 17
RE: Command LIVE Black Gold Blitz is OUT! - 11/9/2017 10:13:35 PM   
thewood1

I have said this multiple times. Lua is there so that features that aren't built into the interface can still be accessed. There is a wishlist thread available to vote and make your opinion known without sounding ungrateful. If X feature is important enough to you, go to that thread and vote, play Harpoon, live without it and enjoy Command, script a lua function, or convince someone else to script it for you. While comparing to Harpoon, how would you go about getting a feature added that isn't there now?

The devs can't put in everyone's personal high priority feature, function, or obsession immediately. Use the forums, other members, or your own skills to do what the devs don't have time to do now. In fact changing weather and breakdowns are things I think might have already been done by other players.

One small piece of advice, knowing you aren't really ungrateful, maybe don't jump into a release thread, make a stab at your pet features, and then compare the game to Harpoon. That comes across as ungrateful. There are already threads that are perfect for talking about these particular features and other wants. Or start another thread so it can stay on topic. You are free to do as you see fit, just some advice.

(in reply to Malafon)
Post #: 18
RE: Command LIVE Black Gold Blitz is OUT! - 11/10/2017 5:09:24 AM   
Dimitris

quote:

Breakdowns and weather were a feature in Harpoon 3.

Since you mention those, it's fair to point out that neither of them actually worked.

(in reply to Malafon)
Post #: 19
RE: Command LIVE Black Gold Blitz is OUT! - 11/10/2017 5:40:19 AM   
Dimitris

quote:

ORIGINAL: thewood1
Lua is there so that features that aren't built into the interface can still be accessed.
[...]
The devs can't put in everyone's personal high priority feature, function, or obsession immediately. Use the forums, other members, or your own skills to do what the devs don't have time to do now. In fact changing weather and breakdowns are things I think might have already been done by other players.

^ This.

The Lua API was specifically added and expanded to allow for things that the dev team hasn't gotten around to yet, for one-offs that are needed on a specific scenario but don't really apply anywhere else, and/or items that for one reason or another are not currently available through the simulation or UI. (This also covers mechanics that are difficult to present in a graphical user interface; if you go through the methods currently listed on the Lua docs site and try to put them up in a GUI, you may end up with something like THIS).

Take comms jamming (not disruption) as a recent example. Some people have been asking for it. It's natively included in the professional edition, but not available on the commercial version. But it was really needed for the Bekaa Valley scenario in Shifting Sands, as it was a decisive factor in Israeli tactics. So a Lua script was added that models it. It's far less elaborate than the PE-integrated real-deal, but it gets the job done quite well. You can copy that script from the scenario, adapt it and use it on any scenario in which you need the same feature. I think it beats waiting for the dev team to make the feature available through "normal" game mechanics.

Cheers.

< Message edited by Dimitris -- 11/10/2017 5:45:58 AM >

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 20
RE: Command LIVE Black Gold Blitz is OUT! - 11/10/2017 5:47:06 AM   
Dimitris

quote:

I'm genuinely interested and honestly not trolling when I wonder why this is so hard to add in the standard out-of-the-box game decades later? Apologies if this seems ungrateful for your hard work, that is NOT my intention.

The good intention is understood and appreciated.

(in reply to Malafon)
Post #: 21
RE: Command LIVE Black Gold Blitz is OUT! - 11/10/2017 4:40:18 PM   
chops

I just started the scenario from the Iranian side, and have a question regarding the scenario features and realism options.

As shown below, Detailed Gun Fire Control, Aircraft Damage, and Night & Weather Affect Air Ops are NOT selected.

Wouldn't having these options selected make the scenario more realistic and interesting? So, I am wondering if there was a reason that these options were not selected by the scenario designer?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 22
RE: Command LIVE Black Gold Blitz is OUT! - 11/10/2017 5:00:01 PM   
mikmykWS

quote:

ORIGINAL: chops

I just started the scenario from the Iranian side, and have a question regarding the scenario features and realism options.

As shown below, Detailed Gun Fire Control, Aircraft Damage, and Night & Weather Affect Air Ops are NOT selected.

Wouldn't having these options selected make the scenario more realistic and interesting? So, I am wondering if there was a reason that these options were not selected by the scenario designer?

Pretty sure this was covered earlier or in a different string but think the reason was that not everybody owns the DLC's those features came in so they're off by default.

Mike

(in reply to chops)
Post #: 23
RE: Command LIVE Black Gold Blitz is OUT! - 11/10/2017 5:02:11 PM   
Raptorx7_slith

Aircraft damage is an expansion related option, if someone doesn't have Chains of war they wouldn't be able to play.

If you want those options enabled just go into the editor under scenario options and enable them, its very easy.

(in reply to chops)
Post #: 24
RE: Command LIVE Black Gold Blitz is OUT! - 11/11/2017 7:38:45 PM   
Tailhook

I know the Patriot is only meant to be for terminal area BMD, but I find it never fires against any Iranian missiles because the maximum engagement speed for the missile is only 4000 kts but the incoming RVs are often at 5000 just before impact. Is this right? They're only SRBMs which the Patriot should be able to handle.

(in reply to Raptorx7_slith)
Post #: 25
RE: Command LIVE Black Gold Blitz is OUT! - 11/11/2017 8:21:40 PM   
ComDev

Thanks, we've fixed the Patriot max target speed in the latest version of the database.

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!

(in reply to Tailhook)
Post #: 26
RE: Command LIVE Black Gold Blitz is OUT! - 11/11/2017 8:33:26 PM   
Tailhook

quote:

ORIGINAL: emsoy

Thanks, we've fixed the Patriot max target speed in the latest version of the database.

Appreciate the quick fix!

Another bug I'm encountering, the ALARM is hitting Iranian SAM sites, but does nothing.

"13:26:10 - 13:26:10 - Weapon: ALARM Blk 1 airbursted off Building (Square Pair [5N62]) (of SA-5c Regiment Bushehr) by 4ft

13:26:10 - 13:26:10 - Weapon: ALARM Blk 1 #4596 airbursted directly on top of SA-5c Regiment Bushehr"

Go into the editor and enable God's Eye View, 0 damage to the offending SA-5 Battery.

(in reply to ComDev)
Post #: 27
RE: Command LIVE Black Gold Blitz is OUT! - 11/11/2017 10:36:23 PM   
Primarchx

Had several Paveway IVs malfunction or hit wide. It appears they're only GPS/INS but I thought they also have laser guidance (not that the RSAF Tornadoes have designation capabilities...whoops, my bad, they have Damocles pods).

< Message edited by Primarchx -- 11/11/2017 11:21:41 PM >

(in reply to Tailhook)
Post #: 28
RE: Command LIVE Black Gold Blitz is OUT! - 11/12/2017 8:03:12 AM   
ComDev

Please post savegames in the Troubleshooting section and we'll look into.

On the ALARM, the warhead airbursts for max frag effect instead of attempting a direct impact. So please check the SA-5 unit's Damage window.

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!

(in reply to Primarchx)
Post #: 29
RE: Command LIVE Black Gold Blitz is OUT! - 11/12/2017 12:54:54 PM   
Andrea G

I found a discrepancy between the Iran Side Briefing and the actual situation.

The briefing says: "Our air force has mobilized everything that can fly. Although the majority are rigged with air to air loadouts, there is the possibility of them being rearmed for high-risk strike sorties".

But in reality most of the A/Cs have their loadouts restricted to A to A, the others being greyed out.

For example is possible to convert the Fulcums to a strike load but not the Fitters.

Is this intended to be so?

(in reply to ComDev)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Command LIVE Black Gold Blitz is OUT! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI