Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

symbols near systems on the main map

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> symbols near systems on the main map Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
symbols near systems on the main map - 6/5/2017 5:22:01 AM   
SeanThornton

So, I have a question about one symbol, but also a general question. Is there a WIKI or other help site which explains the symbols which can appear near systems on the main map?

In particular, I'm seeing this one symbol near three systems, and I have no idea what it is. There's no tooltip when I hover over it. It's a blue circle with a white cylinder in it. The cylinder looks like it's cut into three slices.

On a related question, I see there is also the ruins symbol (three dots) which appears near the system name. Over about 25 systems, I only see this symbol near my home system. Are ruins usually that rare? There's likely a setting for that when a game's generated, but I can't remember right now, LOL!
Post #: 1
RE: symbols near systems on the main map - 6/5/2017 5:37:05 AM   
rjord2021

The blue circle with the white cylinder shows where you can refuel

(in reply to SeanThornton)
Post #: 2
RE: symbols near systems on the main map - 6/5/2017 6:11:01 AM   
stuart3

The blue and white indicator only shows if the system currently has fuel. If it disappears then that indicates that the fuel has been temporarily depleted, usually by other craft refuelling there. The absence of the symbol doesn't necessarily mean that the system doesn't have enough fuel to at least partially refuel a single ship, but don't try to refuel a fleet there.

Ruins are by their nature relatively rare. The symbol doesn't appear until one of your ships visits the system which is why you are only seeing them near your home system. More will be discovered as you continue to explore the galaxy.

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 3
RE: symbols near systems on the main map - 6/5/2017 2:25:33 PM   
SeanThornton

1 - Fuel, got it, thanks.

2 - relatively rare, got it.

(in reply to stuart3)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> symbols near systems on the main map Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI