Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Rising Sun Graphic error

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support >> Rising Sun Graphic error Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Rising Sun Graphic error - 7/11/2017 5:15:34 AM   
mimarsp

Rising Sun(v.2.02) worked perfectly in W.10 since Jan 2017. I tried to play today but...Scenarios will open,the full screen appears, the upper and lower menu display, as does the divider right side for units. YET the MAP and Unit area are all white. On opening, the MAP is tiny in center and the clickable 'start turn' also (tiny),rests above it. Any functions such as redraw map, fire/move button elict an error ping. In window mode, making the window smaller vertically makes many lower menus appear. Smaller horizontally makes 'bar codes' appear from the edge where the smaller started.
When click for turn is pressed the map is all white and does not function. Requests for status,reinforcements, VC do display properly. The generate battle option, also has this problem.
Both EF and WF work fine. The map and scenario editors for RS also work fine. Inconclusive hours of reading forums, reboots,deletion of the 'error log.txt', update again to v.2.02 bring me now to this forum. I have NOT uninstalled then reinstalled MS redistributable 2008, as the other games in the CS title work fine. My compatabilities are OK and reflect what I have for both EF&WF.
Please have a simple solution as opposed to a complete reinstall. I am VERY immpressed this post will be answered, Matrix and you are to be commended.
Post #: 1
RE: Rising Sun Graphic error - 7/12/2017 2:18:46 AM   
mimarsp

Upon attempting to load a 'saved game'...
I get an error code from the OS stating...
Rising Sun.exe: [ERROR ID 100] (Front End.cpp,line 179,MainInit()) audiere.dll not found

(in reply to mimarsp)
Post #: 2
RE: Rising Sun Graphic error - 7/21/2017 2:57:21 AM   
mimarsp

Having spent over 35 hours in the past 10 days trying to get JTCS to work...visits to Martix forums and helpdesk. Uploading files there. Taking all sorts of advise from friends and professionals. Uninstalling and reinstalling JTCS,deleting and restoring numerous files. And finally uninstalling and rolling back the NVIDEA drivers. WHAT HAVE I ACCOMPLISHED to restore the functionality of my FAVORITE PC GAME Rising SUN?

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!! The roll back to drivers that worked in Feb. 2017 DO NOT WORK NOW????? I have NO IDEA why not. Nor why only RS is a problem.

BUT.... I find that IF I DISABLE THE NVIDEA DRIVER, and use the built-in MSFT windows graphic display, then an OLD game such as JTCS RS WORKS, as do EF,WF,WW1Mod.

So now I will Update my NVIDEA drivers. Then I'll uninstall the new JTCS folder. Replace it with my old copy of JTCS folder, with ALL the saves, replays etc. for future and continued glories. And remember to use the Device Manager as needed.

I post this for others who may find this helpful. Hopefully as helpful as the Matrix helpdesk, who have been about as helpful as the Windows 10 Compatability Troubleshooter.

(in reply to mimarsp)
Post #: 3
RE: Rising Sun Graphic error - 7/21/2017 8:18:25 AM   
berto

quote:

ORIGINAL: mimarsp

... FAVORITE PC GAME Rising SUN ...

I'm with you there. RS is my favorite Campaign Series module.

quote:

BUT.... I find that IF I DISABLE THE NVIDEA DRIVER, and use the built-in MSFT windows graphic display, then an OLD game such as JTCS RS WORKS, as do EF,WF,WW1Mod.

Whatever works. Glad you finally figured something out, even if it is The Mother of All Kludges.

Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles, Civil War Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

(in reply to mimarsp)
Post #: 4
RE: Rising Sun Graphic error - 7/22/2017 1:55:37 PM   
Warhorse

quote:

ORIGINAL: mimarsp

Having spent over 35 hours in the past 10 days trying to get JTCS to work...visits to Martix forums and helpdesk. Uploading files there. Taking all sorts of advise from friends and professionals. Uninstalling and reinstalling JTCS,deleting and restoring numerous files. And finally uninstalling and rolling back the NVIDEA drivers. WHAT HAVE I ACCOMPLISHED to restore the functionality of my FAVORITE PC GAME Rising SUN?

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!! The roll back to drivers that worked in Feb. 2017 DO NOT WORK NOW????? I have NO IDEA why not. Nor why only RS is a problem.

So now I will Update my NVIDEA drivers. Then I'll uninstall the new JTCS folder. Replace it with my old copy of JTCS folder, with ALL the saves, replays etc. for future and continued glories. And remember to use the Device Manager as needed.

I post this for others who may find this helpful. Hopefully as helpful as the Matrix helpdesk, who have been about as helpful as the Windows 10 Compatability Troubleshooter.

Did you ever get my PM or email? Never heard back from you. Did you try what I suggested?

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to mimarsp)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support >> Rising Sun Graphic error Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI