Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Army group center supply tips

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Army group center supply tips Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Army group center supply tips - 6/1/2021 11:48:58 PM   
tumbi1

Hello,

I'm a newbie with this game, and on my first attempt at reaching Smolensk, I had no problems up until turn 7 (August 3rd), reaching the edge of Smolensk with the bulk of the army group. On turn 7 though, a lot of my mobile units had around 50% fuel and ammo, which isn't enough to operate with. I kept my HQ's to within 5 hexes of their units, but I was stretching things with the rail head, which I had advanced (a double rail line via Vilnius) to within 4 hexes of Minsk. I also built depots in Vilnius, Minsk, Balbasava, and Vitebsk. I had in an earlier aborted start to the game tried to advance the rail to Minsk from Brest Litovsk, but it was going to take way too long. Note with the line I have going to Minsk, I used 4 FBDs to do it, which seems a bit extreme to me, but I can't see how it can be done otherwise.

Thoughts on this? Where am I going wrong? I know historically the Germans took Smolensk around this time, and were within a couple of weeks ready for their next offensive, so it must be possible with the game mechanics? Note also I have had no problems in the north and south, making great progress with both.

Cheers, Mark

< Message edited by tumbi1 -- 6/1/2021 11:53:56 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Army group center supply tips - 6/2/2021 12:23:19 AM   
CapAndGown

You should move this thread over to the WitE 2 forum. Depots and double track lines do not exist in WitE 1.

(in reply to tumbi1)
Post #: 2
RE: Army group center supply tips - 10/6/2021 6:27:23 AM   
Batoot

Thoughts on this?

(in reply to CapAndGown)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Army group center supply tips Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI