Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

AA: Hit does not kill anymore

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> AA: Hit does not kill anymore Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AA: Hit does not kill anymore - 8/14/2017 7:56:59 AM   
morphin

Hi

Is this the new damage model that a hit on the AC (with a Missile) does not kill the AC anymore? In about 50%
of all hits the AC is not killed and often i see that the AC are still fighting (and even Launch AA Weapons to me).

So i have to hit the AC a second and quite ofen a third time with an AA Missiles

In my experience you Need more Missiles for a Scenario.... What are your thoughts about this?

Andy
Post #: 1
RE: AA: Hit does not kill anymore - 8/14/2017 8:17:58 AM   
RoryAndersonCDT

Hi Andy,

This link provides additional information about aircraft damage feature: http://www.warfaresims.com/?p=4469

Command Dev Team
Technical Lead

(in reply to morphin)
Post #: 2
RE: AA: Hit does not kill anymore - 8/14/2017 8:26:48 AM   
morphin

Thank's

The Problem i face is that i have no idea which damaage i made after a hit to an AC (I don't see any smoke...:-))

So to be sure i have to Launch another Missile ( a second hit) and sometimes even a third hit is needed to really kill a fighter..

A few more Information about the damage (light,severe) would be helpful... (For Severe i would assume that the fighter is not anymore a danger and i would spare my Missiles for other Tasks)

Andy

(in reply to RoryAndersonCDT)
Post #: 3
RE: AA: Hit does not kill anymore - 8/14/2017 10:07:34 AM   
Dysta

quote:

ORIGINAL: morphin

The Problem i face is that i have no idea which damaage i made after a hit to an AC (I don't see any smoke...:-))

If you can bring your unit closer to the damaged air target, it might show up all the detail of aircraft damage. Just select the hostile target and press damage control button on the right side. Only human eyeballs can tell what it had damaged accurately.

If you are in editor mode, you can change the side and then see the damage as well.

(in reply to morphin)
Post #: 4
RE: AA: Hit does not kill anymore - 8/14/2017 11:07:38 AM   
morphin

Hi

Thank's. My F-35 were killed once i closed!!!.... ( And before closing in range of about 30nm when the enemy AC were hit i see nothing special). So the new damaged model makes it more difficult (maybe it is also more realistic....) If you close after a hit you risk to loose your F-35 or you have to spend more missiles to be sure that the AC is out of order (or killed)

In average i need about 3 or 4 AMRAAMS Missiles to kill an enemy fighter (and i fire my AMRAMS (range 75nmn) at a distance from aboutg 45 to max 50nm, not the Maximum distance possible)

Andy

(in reply to Dysta)
Post #: 5
RE: AA: Hit does not kill anymore - 8/14/2017 12:27:30 PM   
Primarchx

I typically see three kinds of behavior with current aircraft damage, assuming a hit.
1) A kill. The aircraft dies immediately or very soon after a hit.
2) Damage resulting in the hit a/c RTBing.
3) Light damage with no or little discernible effect.

Number (3) is the rarest effect in my experience, though large a/c soak more hits than smaller ones.

(in reply to morphin)
Post #: 6
RE: AA: Hit does not kill anymore - 8/14/2017 3:07:13 PM   
Tailhook

I do think that large aircraft are a bit too tough. I don't think a Y-8 should be able to absorb 4-6 missiles (the average it took me in chains of war campaign) simply because they have 4 engines.

(in reply to Primarchx)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> AA: Hit does not kill anymore Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI