Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Modified 43-45 Campaign With Added UK Units

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Modified 43-45 Campaign With Added UK Units Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Modified 43-45 Campaign With Added UK Units - 11/25/2017 4:26:49 PM   
IslandInland

This modified 1943-1945 campaign adds UK infantry brigades historically converted from surplus AA regiments. The UK 55th Infantry Division has also been added and Axis pilot quality has been reduced to the same as the Allies (70). The Ljubljana Gap and western Yugoslavia are Italian owned allowing the Allies to land there if desired.

These are purely my design choices as I modified this scenario just for my own use but I have decided to upload it here.

The infantry brigades converted from AA regiments existed but I have made them available to the player earlier than they might have been historically. I have taken the 1945 Campaign scenario as my benchmark for availability as this contains some of the converted brigades.

I struggled with including the 55th Inf Div as I've read it was raised to a higher establishment after returning from Northern Ireland in May 1944 whilst other sources indicate it was raised to a higher establishment on paper only and never received the men needed to fill out the division. Historically it remained in the UK for the duration of the war.

The Ljubljana Gap is open in this modification and the western portion of Yugoslavia can be invaded if the Allied player wishes. I haven't added any units to the Axis OOB to counter this as I'm not sure how that would affect the EF Box.

The Axis units historically in the Balkans during this time period - Army Group E and F - are in the EF Box and so I would recommend you play with this on which ever side you choose to play. If I had put them on map I feel it would have unbalanced the campaign as the Axis could move them into another region and I also don't know how moving them from the EF box would affect the game in general.

I have lowered Axis pilot quality to 70 which is the same as the Allies. 90 Prep Points are retained on the first turn if the player wishes to invade somewhere other than Sicily. Again, I made this just for my use originally and I wanted to try out different landing options.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by XXXCorps -- 11/25/2017 5:05:35 PM >

War In The East 2 Beta Tester and
War In The West Operation Torch Beta Tester
XXXCorps
Post #: 1
RE: 43-45 Campaign With Added UK Units - 11/25/2017 4:34:31 PM   
IslandInland

Here are the hexes in Yugoslavia which are Italian owned in this modified scenario.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by XXXCorps -- 11/25/2017 5:04:28 PM >

War In The East 2 Beta Tester and
War In The West Operation Torch Beta Tester
XXXCorps

(in reply to IslandInland)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Modified 43-45 Campaign With Added UK Units Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI