Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Lua Script help to simulate retreating planes/ ships

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Lua Script help to simulate retreating planes/ ships Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Lua Script help to simulate retreating planes/ ships - 8/28/2017 1:38:02 PM   
TYHo

Hi guys,

Need help to simulate retreating planes/ ships using Lua... The trigger is the computer oppoinent plane/ ship is 50% damage, but how do I make the plane/ ship disengage and retreat? Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: Lua Script help to simulate retreating planes/ ships - 8/28/2017 8:36:30 PM   
Rory Noonan

With aircraft damage on, an aircraft will automatically disengage and head home if it suffers significant damage. It looks like the threshold is ~25%

With ships all you need to do is a set a port as a home base for the ship, then change the doctrine 'withdraw' settings to whatever threshold you want.

Lua isn't necessary for this behaviour

(in reply to TYHo)
Post #: 2
RE: Lua Script help to simulate retreating planes/ ships - 8/28/2017 9:27:44 PM   
DrYorgashReeksPhD

Why is it that the developers of this game (Mike especially) seem to think the majority of its players are computer programmers or have a big interest in that? Speaking for myself, I did not purchase this game to learn LUA in order to create scenarios. Streamline the process somehow for those of us who want to utilize the military and geopolitical features of the game and not learn LUA and code in the process.

(in reply to Rory Noonan)
Post #: 3
RE: Lua Script help to simulate retreating planes/ ships - 8/28/2017 11:54:11 PM   
Rory Noonan

Er... What part of 'Lua isn't necessary for this behaviour' feeds into that argument?

You don't need Lua to make scenarios. You can make very complex and entertaining scenarios without any Lua whatsoever. See the 'Standalone Scenarios' and Gunner98's early Northern Fury series for some excellent examples.

(in reply to DrYorgashReeksPhD)
Post #: 4
RE: Lua Script help to simulate retreating planes/ ships - 8/29/2017 2:25:49 PM   
TYHo

quote:

set a port as a home base for the ship

Thanks! This is what I need...

(in reply to Rory Noonan)
Post #: 5
RE: Lua Script help to simulate retreating planes/ ships - 8/29/2017 8:33:13 PM   
thewood1

quote:

ORIGINAL: DrYorgashReeksPhD

Why is it that the developers of this game (Mike especially) seem to think the majority of its players are computer programmers or have a big interest in that? Speaking for myself, I did not purchase this game to learn LUA in order to create scenarios. Streamline the process somehow for those of us who want to utilize the military and geopolitical features of the game and not learn LUA and code in the process.

Unfortunately enough people don't read all the documentation and practice using the features to know a lot can be done without Lua.

You can play this game fine without lua. The game went for a couple years without it. I am sure the devs would be more than happy to remove lua access if you can get enough of your fellow games to vote on removing lua as a feature. Because, you know, the devs forcing you to use it really is against all that is good and holy.

btw, good first post to introduce yourself and build relationships.

(in reply to DrYorgashReeksPhD)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Lua Script help to simulate retreating planes/ ships Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI