Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Generals portraits

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Generals portraits Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Generals portraits - 8/29/2017 8:06:11 PM   
Philippeatbay

Is there a list or a file somewhere with the names and affiliations of the generals?

Memorizing all of the faces is not very efficient, and I'll go blind if I have to stare at the portraits to identify the uniforms.
Post #: 1
RE: Generals portraits - 8/29/2017 8:16:49 PM   
RedLancer

Open the Game, Click Editor, Load Generic Data, Go to the CSV tab and export the Leaders file by checking the box.

You can then find the file in the Dat/CSV folder and access it as a spreadsheet in something like Excel. i'm sure you'll be able to work out what the numbers in the columns mean. Ask if not.

John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev

(in reply to Philippeatbay)
Post #: 2
RE: Generals portraits - 8/29/2017 8:41:40 PM   
Philippeatbay

Thanks !

(in reply to RedLancer)
Post #: 3
RE: Generals portraits - 9/11/2017 11:25:27 PM   
Philippeatbay

Thanks once again for guiding me through that. It's really solved two problems at once because that list of names has given me a shortcut to checking biographies (so I could determine who was in what branch of the armed forces and from when) and has opened up a wealth of online photographs.

I'm trimming the flags in the background of the German generals' portraits, and I'm about a third of the way through. I've found that the easiest way to figure out what I'm probably dealing with is to check the collar tabs, which doesn't take too much squinting. When I combine that with looking everyone up, I can find out that a certain general wearing a Wehrmacht uniform in the game portrait was actually in the SS during the period covered by the game's scenarios. Not too many like that, but it's comforting to know that I don't have to rely on the portraits in the game (some of which are actually reversed).

< Message edited by Philippe at bay -- 9/11/2017 11:26:36 PM >

(in reply to Philippeatbay)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Generals portraits Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI