Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

SAMs Evading HARMS LUA

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Lua Legion >> SAMs Evading HARMS LUA Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SAMs Evading HARMS LUA - 1/21/2018 10:45:35 AM   
butch4343

Guys,

As always am scrounging some help with a LUA script, ages and ages ago some wizard of LAU scripting posted a very neat script to allow SAM sites to switch off and potentially thwart and ARM shot.

I downloaded it , looked at it, run a mile at the complexity of it, and now I cannot find the origional thread.

Apoligies to the creator if they are still on the forum

So

Im creating a wild weasel scenario, and what Im trying to mimimic is SAM operators shutting down their radars for say three or five minutes if they detect an inbound ARM. Then going active again if they dont detect an ARM.

I was wondering would this script help me achieve that? If so how do i begin to use it? I am a LUA luddite and tend to find if I understand the script it helps me so much more.

Is there any kind soul out there who can explain the script? If there an easier way to achieve what am trying to do then am all ears.

Regards

Butch

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: SAMs Evading HARMS LUA - 1/21/2018 8:02:02 PM   
ryszardsh

JOOC, how does a SAM operator detect an inbound HARM?

(in reply to butch4343)
Post #: 2
RE: SAMs Evading HARMS LUA - 1/21/2018 10:59:52 PM   
ckfinite

That's one of the scripts that I wrote!

The general idea of this script is to track all targets to look for ARMyness (e.g. going straight towards the SAM at high velocity).

To accomplish this, the detected missile event is fired whenever a missile target is identified or has its position updated. By saving the history of a given target, this event can then estimate the speed and direction of the missile, and will compare it (using the decide function in the CHANGE ME section) to the position of all SAM-side units. If the missile is travelling at sufficient velocity in the direction of a SAM site, the SAM site will then be set to off-air, and will have its identity added to another list, which will put it back on air after a specified interval.

This was written many, many versions ago, so there's better ways to do much of this now. However, to adapt it to a scene, all you *should* have to do is adjust the "samside" field in the CHANGE ME section of the "detected missile" action. The rest should work out-of-the-box, though there may be an issue with the SAM side's missile shutting down its own radars.

quote:

JOOC, how does a SAM operator detect an inbound HARM?

In this case, there's no fancy anti-anti-radiation detectors, it's just looking for a really fast thing passing within a km or two of the SAM site.

(in reply to ryszardsh)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Lua Legion >> SAMs Evading HARMS LUA Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI