Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

GERMANY-USSR Trade Agreement

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> WIF School >> GERMANY-USSR Trade Agreement Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
GERMANY-USSR Trade Agreement - 9/25/2017 8:47:02 AM   
ssiviour

Can someone please Clarify how many resources USSR should be sending Germany once all 4 Minors, (Hungary, Bulgaria, Rumania and Finland) have been aligned and both Border Rectification claims have been allowed.

Is it 1 or 3?

I can read RAC both ways.

Post #: 1
RE: GERMANY-USSR Trade Agreement - 9/25/2017 9:27:54 AM   
Joseignacio

According to RAW, so I guess RAC will be the same 99,99% sure...

quote:

Germany-USSR
USSR and Germany start the 1939 scenario with a trade agreement in place to exchange German build points for Soviet resources.
In each turn, Germany must lend lease 2 build points to the USSR while the USSR must supply Germany with 7 resources (2 of them must be oil). These numbers can change if circumstances vary. For each of:
ï Finland;
ï Latvia;
ï Estonia;
ï Lithuania;
ï Bulgaria;
ï Hungary;
ï Rumania; and
ï Turkey,
that an Axis major power either declares war on or aligns with (see 9.7, 9.8 and 19), reduce the number of resources the USSR must supply by 1 (minimum 0). Reduce the ordinary resources before you reduce any oil resources.
Reduce the number of resources by 1 from the turn that Finland allows a USSR claim on the Finnish borderlands (see 19.6.1) and by 1 from the turn that Rumania allows a USSR claim on Bessarabia (see 19.6.2). Note that each minor country only reduces resources once even if claims are allowed and the minor is declared war on or aligned.
For each of Denmark, Greece, Hungary, Norway, Sweden or Yugoslavia that the Soviet Union declares war, or a Soviet controlled unit enters, Germany may choose to either keep one of the build points it would normally send to the Soviet Union, or receive an extra oil from the Soviet Union, each turn. This choice cannot be changed later.
The USSR and Germany stop supplying these resources and build points once the Nazi-Soviet pact is broken and keep them for themselves, even the turn the pact is broken.

According to this, it would be 7-6=1. However, it usually doesn't really matter, because for aligning Finland and Romania you use to have to be at war with the USSR so there will be no trade anyway.

7 resources
-2 for each Borderlands
-2 for Bulgaria and Hungary

Usually this leaves 2 BP from GE and 3 RES from USSR (2 of them petrol)

then

-2 for Finland and Romania, when aligned, but for this usually you need war so it would be 2 BP for 1 RES but finally it is 0 BP for 0 RES.

< Message edited by Joseignacio -- 9/25/2017 9:35:05 AM >

(in reply to ssiviour)
Post #: 2
RE: GERMANY-USSR Trade Agreement - 9/25/2017 10:47:13 AM   
Orm

quote:

ORIGINAL: ssiviour

Can someone please Clarify how many resources USSR should be sending Germany once all 4 Minors, (Hungary, Bulgaria, Rumania and Finland) have been aligned and both Border Rectification claims have been allowed.

Is it 1 or 3?

I can read RAC both ways.

It is 3. This because Finland and Rumania is only counted once even though both claims are allowed and they are aligned. The wording on this is clear although it might easily be missed. See marked sentence below.

RAC: 5.1 Trade agreements
Germany-USSR
USSR and Germany start the 1939 scenario with a trade agreement in place to exchange German build points
for Soviet resources. In each turn, Germany must lend lease 2 build points to the USSR while the USSR must supply
Germany with 7 resources (2 of them must be oil). These numbers can change if circumstances vary. For each of the
following countries that an Axis major power either declares war on or aligns with (see 9.7, 9.8 and 19), reduce the
number of resources the USSR must supply by 1 (minimum 0):
• Finland,
• Latvia,
• Estonia,
• Lithuania,
• Bulgaria,
• Hungary,
• Rumania, and
• Turkey.
Reduce the ordinary resources before you reduce any oil resources. Reduce the number of resources by 1
from the turn that Finland allows a USSR claim on the Finnish borderlands (see 19.6.1) and by 1 from the turn that
Rumania allows a USSR claim on Bessarabia (see 19.6.2). Note that each minor country only reduces resources once
even if claims are allowed and the minor is declared war on or aligned.

For each of Denmark, Greece, Hungary, Norway, Sweden or Yugoslavia that the Soviet Union declares war,
or a Soviet controlled unit enters, Germany may choose to either keep one of the build points it would normally send
to the Soviet Union, or receive an extra oil from the Soviet Union, each turn. This choice cannot be changed later.
The USSR and Germany stop supplying these resources and build points once the Nazi-Soviet pact is broken
and keep them for themselves, even the turn the pact is broken.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to ssiviour)
Post #: 3
RE: GERMANY-USSR Trade Agreement - 9/25/2017 11:14:21 AM   
Joseignacio

Yep, I skipped that but that doesnt change the conclusion anyway. He would not suffer the loss of resources because of the alignment of Finland and Romania because of what you remarked, and if that was not written, then what I said would apply, you need to be at war with the USSR (except maybe some strange diplomatic twist in the Balkans) to be able to align those, so you would get 0 anyway.

< Message edited by Joseignacio -- 9/25/2017 11:20:39 AM >

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> WIF School >> GERMANY-USSR Trade Agreement Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI