Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Is the sapper problem fixed?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Is the sapper problem fixed? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is the sapper problem fixed? - 9/22/2017 12:13:56 PM   
RKhan

Sorry to have to ask, as I'm just getting back into the game and can't find the thread...

I have read that Soviet sappers stopped helping build fortifications. Which version was this bug in, and is it now fixed?

Thanks for any response, RKhan

RKhan
Post #: 1
RE: Is the sapper problem fixed? - 9/22/2017 1:06:38 PM   
Stelteck

Sappers currently do not help building fortification at HQ level. (Sappers are still helping building at combat unit or fortified zone level).

It may be fixed in next patch. (But i hope sappers will be reworked to not be so OP and mandatory everywhere because it is quite boring micromanagement to create and fill HQs with 200 sappers regiments).

The good news, is that you do not have to bother building so much sappers regiment all the time.

< Message edited by Stelteck -- 9/22/2017 1:15:19 PM >

(in reply to RKhan)
Post #: 2
RE: Is the sapper problem fixed? - 9/22/2017 1:11:58 PM   
morvael

Broken in 1.08.05.
Fixed for next patch (1.11.01), that is unfortunately delayed because of various new issues appearing that have to be addressed first.

Sappers help building fortifications if you keep them attached to combat units (obviously for Soviets possible only after Corps unit appear), but not in HQs.
On the other hand another bug allows you to build level 2 forts everywhere on the map (except coast of Lake Ladoga), which will be removed in the same patch.

So you can have forts in the deep but slower fort building for now.

(in reply to Stelteck)
Post #: 3
RE: Is the sapper problem fixed? - 9/24/2017 9:58:35 PM   
RKhan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stelteck

But i hope sappers will be reworked to not be so OP and mandatory everywhere because it is quite boring micromanagement to create and fill HQs with 200 sappers regiments.

For the Soviets, forts take so long to be effective on their own that players will still end up buying tons of sappers and micro-managing them into forts. The new (or if you prefer, much delayed implementation of) fort rules are a potentially big disadvantage to the Soviets during the all critical '41 defence.

Not that I'm grousing about unfair new rules, as they seem to ping pong first to one side then the other. I do however continually wish for more stability in the game.

RKhan

(in reply to Stelteck)
Post #: 4
RE: Is the sapper problem fixed? - 9/24/2017 10:10:53 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: RKhan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stelteck

But i hope sappers will be reworked to not be so OP and mandatory everywhere because it is quite boring micromanagement to create and fill HQs with 200 sappers regiments.

For the Soviets, forts take so long to be effective on their own that players will still end up buying tons of sappers and micro-managing them into forts. The new (or if you prefer, much delayed implementation of) fort rules are a potentially big disadvantage to the Soviets during the all critical '41 defence.

Not that I'm grousing about unfair new rules, as they seem to ping pong first to one side then the other. I do however continually wish for more stability in the game.

After making the Soviets digging work without sappers I am going to feel sorry for the next German player that I play :( But at least it will be back to an even playing field since the Germans have had no such descrepency in digging in.

(in reply to RKhan)
Post #: 5
RE: Is the sapper problem fixed? - 9/25/2017 1:12:12 AM   
SparkleyTits

I have been using my sappers as frontline defence units darn it....

What effective work arounds are there for this? Simply using construction sup to dig in instead until the update or is there a more refined way around it?

Thanks

(in reply to HardLuckYetAgain)
Post #: 6
RE: Is the sapper problem fixed? - 9/25/2017 9:55:17 AM   
RKhan

quote:

ORIGINAL: SparkleyTits

I have been using my sappers as frontline defence units darn it....

What effective work arounds are there for this? Simply using construction sup to dig in instead until the update or is there a more refined way around it?

Thanks

You can build forts at 4 to 8 AP each and attach the sappers to them, then try to disband the fort (for another AP) just before the Germans show up so you can get a decent third combat unit in the hex.

But some also say you can attach tons of combat SU into the fort and it will stand on its own, and the artillery is more effective.

In any case it is an AP costly mitigation.

RKhan

(in reply to SparkleyTits)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Is the sapper problem fixed? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI