Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Best way to get German navy to the Atlantic?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> The War Room >> Best way to get German navy to the Atlantic? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Best way to get German navy to the Atlantic? - 9/18/2017 4:27:15 PM   
Hartmann301

I've tried going thru the English channel and get nailed every time by RN and RAF. Is going around the British Isles better? Any overall strategy suggestions will be helpful on this.
Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Best way to get German navy to the Atlantic? - 9/18/2017 6:49:57 PM   
James Taylor

Get some maritime bombers with fighter cover along the Norwegian coast for recon. Use some subs also. Slowly, carefully scout in clear weather with the air units, bombing any RN units you find. You could use some TAC with the naval upgrade and LR too.

Best to wait until bad weather sets in and then move out with the subs on the perimeter, still no guarantees. Its a difficult undertaking.

I like to preserve the KM as a threat throughout the game only sorting with adequate air cover.

SeaMonkey

(in reply to Hartmann301)
Post #: 2
RE: Best way to get German navy to the Atlantic? - 9/18/2017 7:34:54 PM   
GeneralJackDRipper

I like to either go north of UK and with wide berth raid the supply lines for a turn or two and then hide the navy on the west and north coasts of spain until I conquer France, guarded by subs. Then stow the KM in the ports on the west coast of france.

If you're feeling froggy, you can scout the English Channel with a sub and if it's clear, you can fire all of the KM through while cruising and hope you don't get found on the next turn. Definitely risky and I wouldn't try it against an experienced PBEM player!

“I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.”

(in reply to James Taylor)
Post #: 3
RE: Best way to get German navy to the Atlantic? - 9/24/2017 1:57:33 PM   
Hartmann301

Thanks guys

(in reply to GeneralJackDRipper)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> The War Room >> Best way to get German navy to the Atlantic? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI