Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Map display is screwed

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Scourge of War: Waterloo >> Map display is screwed Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Map display is screwed - 11/21/2017 8:24:53 PM   
Perham

It's been a while sice I played. However seeing the new DLC's I decided to get Quatre Brois and re-install the game. Given that I now use steam a lot I d'ld the relevant DLC and steam keys.

I use a dual monitor setup and on running the game part of the startup screen bleeds into the 2nd monitor and the bottom of the screen is not visible.

I've tried setting the activation to admin (although my logon gives me smin rights as standard) and win 7 or 8 compatability. Nothing works.

Any suggestions before I ask for a refund and write the whole experience off?

< Message edited by Perham -- 11/21/2017 10:36:18 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Map display is screwed - 11/21/2017 11:59:30 PM   
1annoyedgamer

Sounds like a resolution issue to me, although, Ive never heard of anyone trying to run this game on more than one monitor. I would first try switching to just one monitor, and then adjusting the resolution in the options menu available on the main screen menu in game. Be aware, changes in resolution don't immediately take effect after you apply options. You have to close and restart the game for the resolution change to take effect. Hope this helps.

(in reply to Perham)
Post #: 2
RE: Map display is screwed - 11/22/2017 8:00:39 AM   
Rosseau

The whole game is screwed. Never experienced so many crashes with a Matrix game or 400 other Steam games TBH. Finally got around to playing it on Steam, and the D'Erlon scenario is definitely bugged. Had the most luck with the Kriegspeel (KS) mod, which unfortunately doesn't support the grog toolbar.

(in reply to 1annoyedgamer)
Post #: 3
RE: Map display is screwed - 11/22/2017 8:15:48 AM   
Perham

Thanks for your input. Wasn't able to do as you suggested because the botton half of the screen was hidden. However made me find the .ini file. The very first option was full screen=0. Changed the 0 to 1 and it now seems to work fine.

Post #: 4
RE: Map display is screwed - 11/22/2017 1:51:59 PM   
Asid

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rosseau

The whole game is screwed. Never experienced so many crashes with a Matrix game or 400 other Steam games TBH.

This is not my experience or the experience of my friends. I have hundreds of games. Many on Steam. SOW Waterloo is very stable. I have 600 hours on Steam alone for this game, mostly in multiplayer. We play at least 2 times a week multiplayer @ Dogsofwarvu

Mods can cause instability and crashes if they are not used/created properly.

Regards

(in reply to Rosseau)
Post #: 5
RE: Map display is screwed - 11/22/2017 9:35:58 PM   
1annoyedgamer

quote:

The whole game is screwed. Never experienced so many crashes with a Matrix game or 400 other Steam games TBH. Finally got around to playing it on Steam, and the D'Erlon scenario is definitely bugged. Had the most luck with the Kriegspeel (KS) mod, which unfortunately doesn't support the grog toolbar.

Im curious why you think the D'Erlon's attack scenario is bugged? Ive played it many times and never had a problem.

< Message edited by 1annoyedgamer -- 11/22/2017 9:36:20 PM >

(in reply to Rosseau)
Post #: 6
RE: Map display is screwed - 11/22/2017 11:30:50 PM   
Rosseau

Because it crashes and I need to restart my system the 3 times I played it. But Sandbox works, so I know to avoid that scenario.

Also, did not stop me from getting Wavre and QB on Steam for less than $7 each today. I like the DLCs and mods because you can edit the OOBs. I haven't been able to find the OOB for the main Waterloo scenarios.

Post #: 7
RE: Map display is screwed - 11/23/2017 12:54:10 AM   
1annoyedgamer

quote:

Because it crashes and I need to restart my system the 3 times I played it. But Sandbox works, so I know to avoid that scenario.

Also, did not stop me from getting Wavre and QB on Steam for less than $7 each today. I like the DLCs and mods because you can edit the OOBs. I haven't been able to find the OOB for the main Waterloo scenarios.

99% of the time when a scenario crashes its because some mod is being either being used improperly, or the mod itself is bad/corrupted/incompatible. I can tell you for sure that none of the stock scenario's in the game are bugged in a way that would make them crash the game on their own. The most common issue Ive found is with people who are using the Grog toolbar and don't know that they must play the stock scenario's through the "user scenarios" tab and not the "Waterloo Battles" tab. Is this what you're doing? The Grog toolbar will not work right if you try to play scenarios from the Waterloo battles tab. Many of its functions wont work at all, and yes, the game can, and most likely will crash as well. If not this, then chances are you are using some other mod that is causing the game to crash. The scenario itself is fine, this I know for a fact as Ive played and beaten every scenario in the game.

(in reply to Rosseau)
Post #: 8
RE: Map display is screwed - 11/23/2017 8:51:57 PM   
chris_merchant

Never had a crash with Waterloo single player since the first patch. Mods as noted above will cause instability. Using mods in multiplayer is definitely a no-no.

Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Scourge of War: Waterloo >> Map display is screwed Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI