Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

For those who have seen the elephant... Thanks...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> For those who have seen the elephant... Thanks... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
For those who have seen the elephant... Thanks... - 5/28/2001 5:39:00 AM   
Jeff Norton

As one who saw mine in SA and other places, I wish to give a heart-felt thanks those who have before me. My dad saw his in Korea, my Grandpa in WW2 (Got a Silver Star in the 'Bulge), and my Great-Grandpa who got gassed in the Argonne Forest. For all, the debt we owe for our freedom is paid with blood, sweat, and tears of brave, scared citizen soldies who lay it on the line so that we others can savor the fruits of freedom. It seems sad that only a few days are set aside for your valor and sacrifice, but, they were earned. Often, with the ultimate sacrifice. God bless, enjoy the day, and know your work is/was not in vain. -Jeff

-Jeff
Veritas Vos Liberabit
"Hate America - love their movies" -Foos Babaganoosh - Anchor - Jihad Tonite
Post #: 1
- 5/28/2001 8:50:00 AM   
bchapman

quote:

For all, the debt we owe for our freedom is paid with blood, sweat, and tears of brave, scared citizen soldies who lay it on the line so that we others can savor the fruits of freedom. It seems sad that only a few days are set aside for your valor and sacrifice, but, they were earned. Often, with the ultimate sacrifice. God bless, enjoy the day, and know your work is/was not in vain.
Amen

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."<br />- Gerald Ford

(in reply to Jeff Norton)
Post #: 2
- 5/28/2001 9:27:00 AM   
LeibstandartePzD

While my own experiences are limited to rather low-key conflicts, (ie. Kuwait, Somaila, Bosnia, Kosovo) I would like to thank all those from all nations who served their coutnry in time of need. While history might not always agree with the side you served for the most part soldiers were simply following orders and doing what they though right for their nation. Especially for teh veterns of the Second World War. You were a generation of heroes and deserve all the honor and glory. Sadly here in the Untied States many have already gone to the Fiddler's Green before a fitting memorial to your service was built. Let us hope it is not delayed much longer. While my family was on the side of Germany in both wars and some may disagree I am proud of your service and of you. I salute all veterns on this day, may we hope our children may never have to face it again. Most respectfully, SSG Jason E. Otto 8th US Cavalry Mustangs!

Respectfully,
Jason E. Otto
Former member of the 8th US Cavalry and a grandson of a Leibstandarte tanker.

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech

Post #: 3
- 5/28/2001 10:17:00 AM   
TheZel66

You know, I've never had to defend my country. It is easy for us to forget that this game represents a time in history when many men and women lost their lives to do just that. Now we have the luxury and the opportunity to gather together as many nations together on this message board. I cannot express my gratitude in words for all those who gave their lives so that I would not have to. Hears to everyone in the world. May we never forget, nor ever have to repeat the lesson of WWII, and all other wars.. Cheers, Tom Hezel (TheZel)

Post #: 4
- 5/28/2001 10:39:00 AM   
Huffy

Hi...Don't know really how to say how much I do realize the sacrifice that has been given by the men, ....women..., and families...of the persons that have given the ultimate sacrifice. I try to remind the people I work and run around with...but they don't seem to care...but ...I'll keep bugging them. I ...and my family,....will remember. Take care,.. Huffy

Post #: 5
- 5/28/2001 8:51:00 PM   
Mark Ezra

A few years ago I started thanking any Vets I ran across, saw a Liscence plate, military decal, or just heard talking in line at the super market....Hello, excuse me, are you a Vet...? Well please let me say thank you for your service to the country. The responses have been great. These guys always seem to give more than they receive.

All Hail Marx and Lennon

Post #: 6
- 5/28/2001 9:05:00 PM   
James P

quote:

Originally posted by Mark Ezra: A few years ago I started thanking any Vets I ran across, saw a Liscence plate, military decal, or just heard talking in line at the super market....Hello, excuse me, are you a Vet...? Well please let me say thank you for your service to the country. The responses have been great. These guys always seem to give more than they receive.
I think someone further up the topic hit the nail on the head - there must be people from 20 odd counties posting on this board, all able to participate in free debate with access to the ultimate tool of free speech - the internet. I guess that's what these brave men and women fought and died for. I watched Pearl Harbor "legacy of attack" on National Geographic in the UK last night - listening to the vet's brought a tear to the eye. Let's hope my son never has to experience anything like that in the future....

Cheers, JP

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> For those who have seen the elephant... Thanks... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI