Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

No listen, No purchase

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Mare Nostrvm >> No listen, No purchase Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
No listen, No purchase - 11/5/2017 1:06:22 AM   
brucesim2003

When there were a few people that were complaining about the random events in quadriga (I.E. being bottled to death and having absolutely no way of avoiding it: yes, it is still there), the dev was basically saying 'I like them...if you don't, tough cookies'. Well that attitude has now cost you a sale of this game.

'Aint karma a bitch.
Post #: 1
RE: No listen, No purchase - 11/5/2017 1:34:26 AM   
Zap

I'm guessing your in the minority because Quadriga is a really good game. I have a positive feeling about the game based my satisfaction with Quadriga.

(in reply to brucesim2003)
Post #: 2
RE: No listen, No purchase - 11/5/2017 5:04:25 AM   
fornost

As I have stated before, not a single game will be liked by everyone, but it's a bit funny that you won't try this one, that has no random events as you would have liked :)

TURNOPIA DEVELOPER

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 3
RE: No listen, No purchase - 11/5/2017 6:19:38 AM   
zakblood

you can never keep everyone happy, that's life, and his loss i'm glad to say and it's a great game

(in reply to fornost)
Post #: 4
RE: No listen, No purchase - 11/5/2017 8:42:58 AM   
Vichyssoise

I can only speak for myself. I loved playing Qvadriga (still do), I hope there will be a Qvadriga II and I look forward to playing Mare Nostrvm although my knowledge of the period is limited.
But it's a great opportunity to read a few books and learn a few things while having a lot of fun.

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 5
RE: No listen, No purchase - 11/5/2017 8:33:36 PM   
Rosseau

Whipping those horses to death always bothered me in Qvadriga. But ramming ships, no problem

(in reply to Vichyssoise)
Post #: 6
RE: No listen, No purchase - 11/6/2017 6:59:05 PM   
edb1815

Really loved Qvadriga and the random events didn't bother me. There are worse events than the crowd throwing bottles and many races to be run!

I will be purchasing Mare Nostrvm but atm I am spending a lot of time on Fields of Glory II !

(in reply to brucesim2003)
Post #: 7
RE: No listen, No purchase - 11/6/2017 7:45:34 PM   
julianbarker

brucesim2003 is well known in at least one other place as a player who is never satisfied unless a game works exactly as he would like it to. Don't feed the troll.

(in reply to edb1815)
Post #: 8
RE: No listen, No purchase - 11/7/2017 1:12:29 AM   
brucesim2003

quote:

ORIGINAL: julianbarker

brucesim2003 is well known in at least one other place as a player who is never satisfied unless a game works exactly as he would like it to. Don't feed the troll.

Care to explain that? I don't post enough on any forum to be well known for anything.

As for the other replies, I was not directly complaining about Quadriga as such. The game has (I assume) finished it's patch cycle, so what we have is what we have. What I was complaining about was the devs attitude toward players that had issues while the game was still being patched. Actually reading what is written is a marvelous achievement ;)

(in reply to julianbarker)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Mare Nostrvm >> No listen, No purchase Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI